My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yikes. Bears better find their WR in the draft

Rise

Liked Posts:
I mean it’s the minimum, he knows the system and is somewhat reliable, especially with blocking. Good guy to have for Nelson to learn plays from!

greg23

Liked Posts:
Poles proving he can judge wr talent by signing last year fa to a second contract!

He's got the makings on a sweet wr room.....just needs a #1 and #3b/4

Mooney #2
Claypool #3
ESB #5 (blocker)
VJJ #6 (kick and punt returner)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Makes sense. You have Mooney, Claypool for another year, and then a lot of meh. St Brown getting the extension means I believe Pettis and Harry's spots are as good as gone next season, and the Bears will likely carry 6 WRs. They likely will draft one WR in the first 2 rounds if I had to guess. Unless they get a giga-stupid deal for a top 4 pick that includes some pro bowl WR....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pettis is fine as the 6th WR since he returns punts pretty decently. But that’s about all he offers

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
Conversion to TE this offseason incoming.

Out of curiosity, do they have to officially change anything? I mean, are there NFL rules that only a TE can line up in certain places in a formation, etc? Otherwise, why not just leave him as being called a WR and just line him up wherever to block whoever?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pettis is fine as the 5th WR since he returns punts pretty decently. But that’s about all he offers

No he's not.

Fuck that guy, I'm not about to have Vejayjay, EQ, and Pettis be the 4,5, and 6's on next years squad.

None of those dudes can catch and they play a position that pays you to catch the ball,

Velus is probably a lock to make the team unless he blows chunks in preseason/camp next year. Thats two spots, not wasting one on pettis. Dude sucks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Out of curiosity, do they have to officially change anything? I mean, are there NFL rules that only a TE can line up in certain places in a formation, etc? Otherwise, why not just leave him as being called a WR and just line him up wherever to block whoever?

NFL just put out a press release that they are only letting tight ends go under center after cole kmet perfected a handoff to justin fields.

Does that answer your question?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No he's not.

Fuck that guy, I'm not about to have Vejayjay, EQ, and Pettis be the 4,5, and 6's on next years squad.

None of those dudes can catch and they play a position that pays you to catch the ball,

Velus is probably a lock to make the team unless he blows chunks in preseason/camp next year. Thats two spots, not wasting one on pettis. Dude sucks.
Pettis is at 9.7ypr, which is 9th in the league. Do you watch the games? Some of the best returners in the league offer little else which is not uncommon. I don’t recall him fumbling but could be wrong.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pettis is at 9.7ypr, which is 9th in the league. Do you watch the games? Some of the best returners in the league offer little else which is not uncommon. I don’t recall him fumbling but could be wrong.

Yea I watch the games, and I can tell you 100% fuck that guy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Rather challenge Velus Jones to catch 10,000 punts with the sun in his eyes this offseason than keep Pettis. No point in having 2 of those guys.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yea, but the FA list this year is pretty awful, I'm gonna pass on paying Jakobi Meyers, Allen Lazard, or Juju Poopster 10m+, and hopefully poles does too.

Good news for the bears is that mooney just got pretty cheap if they want to renew his deal too.
I'll agree and pass on the guys you name as well.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Let's get the band back together next season.....what's tajee sharp up to?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Bears got their guy
Knowing the Bears it is.

They probably are going to load up on the defensive front 7 during the draft to appease The Flus, and use the 4th and 5th rounds for WRs. ?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't expect much upgrades at WR, imo.

Velus should make the roster unless he just flat out sucks and shows zero improvement in preseason. EQ just re-upped.

Thats 4 guys already under contract. They probably draft a guy on day 3 and then sign some mediocre young vet like Parris Campbell.
I expect them to do something. I’m putting all of my eggs in the trade down scenario basket. The football gods surely will smile upon the Bears and give them the gift of the first pick this weekend. (Gooooo Texans!!) ?

A trade back to the middle of the first round with hopefully a haul of early and mid round picks to go with a first next year could get us a couple Olinemen, and 2 skill position players. (And on this roster, probably starters)

Pair that with the FA splash of cash for Buckner and Payne and this team could contend for a 50/50 record next year! With two first round picks in 2024, they could really load up and make the playoffs. Ugh… they are probably really that far away.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You could do a lot worse than Brown for your 4th/5th WR.

But in the long run, shouldn'we shouldn't be thinking 'best we can get' vs You could do a lot worse than Brown for your 4th/5th WR ?