Eric Ebron

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colts are moving on from Ebron....

Ebron liked a post on Twitter that Trubisky is still going to be Bears QB.

Ebron had great things to say about Trubisky.

Ebron to Bears confirmed.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
"When asked about Ebron today, Colts General Manager Chris Ballard said, “We’ll probably move on,” and then quickly moved on to the next question. Ballard’s curt tone made clear that he’s done with Ebron and doesn’t even want to talk about him anymore."

He had one good year and was injured. Why are the Colts so quick to move on?

Well, here's my answer: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...njury-season-ending-decision-to-have-surgery/

Evidently, he decided to have ankle surgery during the season and ppl thought he could have waited. Seems kinda harsh.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
"When asked about Ebron today, Colts General Manager Chris Ballard said, “We’ll probably move on,” and then quickly moved on to the next question. Ballard’s curt tone made clear that he’s done with Ebron and doesn’t even want to talk about him anymore."

Are there personality issues?

An average Ebron is better than what we consistently have.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Windy, hurry up and get this in your mock offseason...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, here's my answer: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...njury-season-ending-decision-to-have-surgery/

Evidently, he decided to have ankle surgery during the season and ppl thought he could have waited. Seems kinda harsh.

reminds me of Fuller's situation a little.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Not a bad idea. Would obviously still prefer Hopper.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
An injured TE? Come on down!
To be clear, I wanted Ebron for a while now. I just don’t have very high hopes. I just think he’s better than what we have, which isn’t saying much. Life as a bears fan.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Ebron has always flashed talent, but hes never really put it all together. Not much of a blocker at all (you want to fix the running game or not?) and even in his PB season, he had a lot of drops. He will make some hard grabs, and drop the easy ones...usually at critical times.

In other words...maybe not the type of player we need to correct our current issues...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont love Ebron.

But he is a superior athlete and receivers to anyone we have.

Depends on cost.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ebron has always flashed talent, but hes never really put it all together. Not much of a blocker at all (you want to fix the running game or not?) and even in his PB season, he had a lot of drops. He will make some hard grabs, and drop the easy ones...usually at critical times.

In other words...maybe not the type of player we need to correct our current issues...

He is the type of tight end that can fit into the passing game. That is more need from the position in this offense. You still go out and get a backup T and a starting guard.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
cutting shaheen and braunecker will net you 3 million. put some of that back into Ebron and sign one of the white dudes from an ivy league school to league minimum.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He's not the best FA TE. He won't be the cheapest. He should be a middle of the road option between production and price. An upgrade over what the Bears currently have, but so were random PS TEs like Holtz and Jesper so that doesn't say much. Curious to see how much he ends up getting, although he is definitely an intriguing option if a team can get him for $6-7m a year.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I dont love Ebron.

But he is a superior athlete and receivers to anyone we have.

Depends on cost.

Made average over 6.8Mil the last 2 years, don't imagine he'd take a paycut. I really don't want to pay 7-8M for a TE (on top of paying Burton 7.5M).

Edit: Sportrac has his market value at 7.4Mil (4 years, almost 30M)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Made average over 6.8Mil the last 2 years, don't imagine he'd take a paycut. I really don't want to pay 7-8M for a TE (on top of paying Burton 7.5M).

It would only be for one year as you could move on from Burton after next year if he doesn't produce.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It would only be for one year as you could move on from Burton after next year if he doesn't produce.

Yes, but you still need a RG, tackle competition, a starting ILB, SS, potentially a CB and a QB. You're realistically only adding 2 maybe 3 draft picks (if you trade down) that are going to be factors.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, but you still need a RG, tackle competition, a starting ILB, SS, potentially a CB and a QB. You're realistically only adding 2 maybe 3 draft picks (if you trade down) that are going to be factors.

Cutting Long, Floyd, Shaheen, Gabriel, and Braunecker the Bears would be sitting at 44m under the cap and you need to sign 17 more players for a 53.

You get 5 or 6 at the draft and you can sign/restructure Robinson for a few more million savings...

That's more than enough room.