Eric Ebron

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutting Floyd gives you another position to spend on. And as I said in another thread, to get better than Floyd you may save a few million this year, but commit much more long-term to Mack's soon-to-be 25+Mil/year cap hit. Plus, you gotta sign a backup with or without Floyd/FA OLB. That money's going to go fast.

Competing QB- 5-7M
Ebron- 7M
RG 6-8M if you want anyone significant
SS 2-4 M
ILB 4-6M, and that's the high end if you want Kwit or Trevathan back
OLB 7-9

That's 33M with the low end, other than ILB. Leaves 11M for draft picks, in season moves, and you still need a longsnapper and backups at OLB, safety, and ILB at least....even if you use draft picks on the first 2 of those positions

Floyd doesnt create another position to spend on because he is already a liability. We need to spend on OLB with or without Floyd because he simply is not good enough.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trust Toliver for 16 games. Unless you are desperate for that 9m and willing to funnel that back into a probowl pass rusher I don't see it.

I prefer the NE model where you get rid of guys before they completely fall off. Prince is not worth the money and it is time to give others a chance. Either Pace knows what he is doing drafting or he doesn't.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace has been trying to buy his way into a te since day 1. Sorry it doesn’t work like that why not develop the two undrafted guys and add another in the draft?

He has also tried to draft and develop one with Shaheen. That failed miserably. TEs take a while to develop. Trubs needs someone he can trust now. Get Ebron and you can still work the 2 young guys in the rotation.

I think people are overestimating Ebron's value. He is coming off injury and may be inclined to take a deal to increase his value like HaHa. He is not getting a big long term deal this offseason unless some GM and overpays for questionable talent like Pace did with Simms and Burton.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I prefer the NE model where you get rid of guys before they completely fall off. Prince is not worth the money and it is time to give others a chance. Either Pace knows what he is doing drafting or he doesn't.

Teams also get into trouble by assuming that their draft choices will just step up. Wannstedt was like that. Tolliver wasn’t drafted btw.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Teams also get into trouble by assuming that their draft choices will just step up. Wannstedt was like that. Tolliver wasn’t drafted btw.

I know he wasnt but undrafted FA all a part of draft process.

Also not an assumption. Been with them for 2 years. Either Pace and Co can evaluate talent and when someone is ready to step up or they can't.

Then again these guys thought Trubs was ready for 202 so their judgment faulty but cant keep covering for their incompetence.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not all draft choices and udfas are destined as starters. That’s nonsense. It’s ok if an UDFA is just a decent backup.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not all draft choices and udfas are destined as starters. That’s nonsense. It’s ok if an UDFA is just a decent backup.

Never said they were. I said at this point Pace and Nagy should know whether Tolliver is or not. Spending 9 million on Prince is simply not good business. They had KT as the 1st backup at outside CB so it is time to see what he can do especially when Prince looked hobbled and shaky down the stretch (didnt watch Minny game)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

NE has not been the best at drafting over the years and have let some good players go that could of helped them like trading C.Jones who's consistently been one of the best pass rushers in the NFL every year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said they were. I said at this point Pace and Nagy should know whether Tolliver is or not. Spending 9 million on Prince is simply not good business. They had KT as the 1st backup at outside CB so it is time to see what he can do especially when Prince looked hobbled and shaky down the stretch (didnt watch Minny game)

It may be cheaper to have Toliver start but it also may lose you games.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
NE has not been the best at drafting over the years and have let some good players go that could of helped them like trading C.Jones who's consistently been one of the best pass rushers in the NFL every year.
Hicks

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
To be fair to the Patriots, players don’t develop at the same pace. Some are later bloomers, like Hicks. It was very difficult to see how good Hicks could be in his 2nd/3rd year.

Hopefully Trubisky is also a later bloomer since we don’t have any good options for upgrade in 2020.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
To be fair to the Patriots, players don’t develop at the same pace. Some are later bloomers, like Hicks. It was very difficult to see how good Hicks could be in his 2nd/3rd year.

Hopefully Trubisky is also a later bloomer since we don’t have any good options for upgrade in 2020.
He showed potential with the Saints but started moving backwards. I looked up the stats and it seemed like Hicks was pretty productive in the time he spent with NE after traded even in a backupish role.

Before I posted the Hicks thing I didn't realize he was only with NE for 1 season (less than including trade time).

I'm done holding onto any hope for Trubisky. Have to ride it until it fails so hard no one has a choice and start all over again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jones was still in prime when he was traded so he is not who I was referring to. Prince is not in his prime and has never been that caliber of player. I am talking about them letting older players go rather than keep them as they decline.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It may be cheaper to have Toliver start but it also may lose you games.

Or it may not. Prince is a role player. If you can't replace role players with productive players for cheaper than 9 million then you shouldnt be running a team.

How many teams spend 9 million on a role player in return for nothing close to Pro Bowl production? It is a poor strategy for roster building. One of our main problems is we have given way too much money to role players. Guys like Leno, Massie, Prince, Floyd. Making a lot of money but they dont actually improve the team significantly.