Eric Fisher

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven’t seen his name discussed a lot but to me he seems to make sense for the Bears. Obviously Poles is extremely familiar with him. He’s 31 which in NFL tackle terms means he has several quality years left. Last year he played 15 games despite coming off a torn Achilles 8 months prior to the start of the season. So supposedly he started slow last year from that but should be 100% this year. (So spare me the he sucked last year comments. Obviously last year wasn’t his best)

Sign Fisher and a center. Draft some WRs. ?‍♂️

Notebloom makes sense to me too. Just went with Fisher first because of the obvious Poles connection.

I have this feeling our starting LT isn’t on this roster and will be Poles #1 priority.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I haven’t seen his name discussed a lot but to me he seems to make sense for the Bears. Obviously Poles is extremely familiar with him. He’s 31 which in NFL tackle terms means he has several quality years left. Last year he played 15 games despite coming off a torn Achilles 8 months prior to the start of the season. So supposedly he started slow last year from that but should be 100% this year. (So spare me the he sucked last year comments. Obviously last year wasn’t his best)

Notebloom makes sense to me too. Just went with Fisher first because of the obvious Poles connection.

I have this feeling our starting LT isn’t on this roster and will be Poles #1 priority.
I like the idea of Noteboom better. He’s 26 and he’s ascending.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Also Eberflus connection.

I think he will get quite a bit of money, though, so it depends on what Poles is willing to spend.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like the idea of Noteboom better. He’s 26 and he’s ascending.
Depends on salary to me. And what Poles of course likes which we really don’t know yet. I just went with the guy with a connection.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also Eberflus connection.

I think he will get quite a bit of money, though, so it depends on what Poles is willing to spend.
LOL. I forgot to mention the Flus connection. Thanks.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
The Rams just won a SB with a 40 year old LT. 31 is not that old for a tackle.
Didn't the Bears play a 40 year old this past season? He played pretty well. So I'd be ok with Fisher if that's what's available. Noteboom though would be a really nice get, but I don't think the Rams let him get away. Wait and see I guess.

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
The Rams just won a SB with a 40 year old LT. 31 is not that old for a tackle.
Yeah when you sack a QB 18 times and win by 3 for sure came down to the old man at LT. Good for Cincy they got a real one at QB with rookie money. They’ll be around for 5 years easy

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree it depends on the contract, but I would love Fisher on a 3 or 4 year deal. He's still one of the best in the league and would be a great help to the young and inexperienced tackles the Bears took in the draft last year.

Sign him!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doubt this one happens. Talk has been about guys that can run. Fisher had that Achilles he came back from and a knee last year. That said, I suspect he's still mobile enough but his miles may be showing. I suspect this staff will look for the opposite of high priced older vets this year. He's said as much with his 2nd level FA comments.

I wonder how Poles feels about last year's picks.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Only if he’s cheap and they like somebody (ex. Rasheed Walker) in the 3rd as developmental LT. Otherwise just sign Armstead.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Fisher has had some severe injuries and not clear how long it will take him to get back to 100%, I know 31 isn't that old but everyone is different, I would not pay a lot or go more than 2-3 years personally. Hopefully Poles can figure it out. I would not go all in on Armstead he misses a lot of games. Hope Jenkins & Borom shine, get a couple of Fa's and 1-2 draft picks.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Sign Notebloom and fisher and also a C. Worst case is Notebloom replaces Daniels or Whitehair.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
The problem is good LTs don't grow on trees. Hard to find one in the 2nd or 3rd round. FA LTs cost a lot of money. Jenkins is probably better than most we can get. If Fisher's injury was in 2020 he should be as close to 100% as he ever will be. With the GM and HC having recent inside info on him should help with their decision. Would be great to get an above average LT and bad ass OL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fisher has had some severe injuries and not clear how long it will take him to get back to 100%, I know 31 isn't that old but everyone is different, I would not pay a lot or go more than 2-3 years personally. Hopefully Poles can figure it out. I would not go all in on Armstead he misses a lot of games. Hope Jenkins & Borom shine, get a couple of Fa's and 1-2 draft picks.
He played 15 games last year. He will fine.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The problem is good LTs don't grow on trees. Hard to find one in the 2nd or 3rd round. FA LTs cost a lot of money. Jenkins is probably better than most we can get. If Fisher's injury was in 2020 he should be as close to 100% as he ever will be. With the GM and HC having recent inside info on him should help with their decision. Would be great to get an above average LT and bad ass OL.
Exactly!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Def miss windy.. he would have a FA Eric Fisher mock up by now

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He played 15 games last year. He will fine.
Ok but he also is coming off one of the worst years he has ever had. That being said the Bears might be able to sign him far under the market price for starting left tackles with the hope he rebounds. I would take the chance, but I am not Ryan Poles.