Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never gonna be the same again.

Aaron Rodgers has 13 screws in his collarbone
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2017, 12:00 PM EDT
Getty Images

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers likely won’t be playing football any time soon, flowery reports of a possible return in December notwithstanding.

Rodgers tells Conan O’Brien of TBS that Rodgers had 13 screws inserted into his collarbone.

The screws go along with a plate that holds the collarbone together. The fact that the plate is big enough to require that many screws means that the break was bad enough to require a fairly large plate.

In some cases, the hardware is eventually removed. Whether Rodgers keeps the plate and screws or later has them taken out, this one seems like a more serious fracture than other collarbone injuries endured by other quarterbacks in recent years. And with Rodgers suffering the fracture in the clavicle that abuts his throwing arm, questions surely will linger regarding when he’ll return to full strength.

With a team that may not be built to stay in contention in his absence and a contract that no longer reflects anything close to his true market value, there’s little incentive for Rodgers to risk a premature return.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'd need a Dr's take. I'd think a plate would make him able to return sooner.
The super sized plate could be to give enough support so he could come back with minimal bone healing. I'd worry more about the screw holes and even if the plate was removed that worry would continue for another bone healing cycle.

My neck came with no brace, just a plate, lifting restriction and "don't fall" for 4 weeks. They said no restrictions after that, although I'm not a full contact athlete.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm really conflicted. My normal way of thinking is "hey, who cares who you love...you are who are, and you deserve to be happy". But because I hate the Packers so much, it immediately brings out my inner 12 year old.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Guess we'll know for sure how bad it is when the draft time comes around?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like more than one break with a bit of reassembly. The plate doesn't offer enough support without full healing to allow a quicker come back but shouldn't delay it either.

Reactions: Myk

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch the Packers go 4-12 then draft another hall of fame quarterback.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopefully he is traded away from Green Bay as soon as possible and makes a full recovery.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never gonna be the same again.

Aaron Rodgers has 13 screws in his collarbone
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2017, 12:00 PM EDT
Getty Images

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers likely won’t be playing football any time soon, flowery reports of a possible return in December notwithstanding.

Rodgers tells Conan O’Brien of TBS that Rodgers had 13 screws inserted into his collarbone.

The screws go along with a plate that holds the collarbone together. The fact that the plate is big enough to require that many screws means that the break was bad enough to require a fairly large plate.

In some cases, the hardware is eventually removed. Whether Rodgers keeps the plate and screws or later has them taken out, this one seems like a more serious fracture than other collarbone injuries endured by other quarterbacks in recent years. And with Rodgers suffering the fracture in the clavicle that abuts his throwing arm, questions surely will linger regarding when he’ll return to full strength.

With a team that may not be built to stay in contention in his absence and a contract that no longer reflects anything close to his true market value, there’s little incentive for Rodgers to risk a premature return.

this

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers will never be the same again. 35 years old next season with extra wear and tear to his throwing shoulder.

Book it.

Which means he will now be a top QB(instead of arguably the best in the league)? His fall off, would still make him great.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say the same...I can care less if he is straight or gay....I'm just tired of that mfer destroying us.

Could care less about his sexuality as well, but can't stand the whine ass little flopping bitch that he is. He expects a flag every time the defense breaths on him, this is why I call him Erin, whine ass little school girl (that can really throw the rock doh).

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
It's only amusing to be 12 and poke fun at Rodgers sexuality because he's kicked our asses so bad for so long.

If he sucked as bad as Glennon no one would bat an eye if he rode a naked teammate out onto the field before every game.