Erin Henderson Cut by Vikings....Should We sign Him?

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/10420065/erin-henderson-released-minnesota-vikings

Erin Henderson cut by Vikings

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings announced Friday afternoon that they released linebacker Erin Henderson, who had been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving twice since November.

Henderson was first arrested on Nov. 19 in Eden Prairie, and he missed the Vikings' next game with what the team said was an unrelated personal issue. He also was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and for possessing a small amount of marijuana after his car spun out of control on New Year's Day.

He opened the season as the team's middle linebacker but lost that spot to Audie Cole and didn't get it back until a high ankle sprain sidelined Cole for the regular-season finale.

After his first arrest, Henderson talked about his struggles dealing with the pressure of keeping his job in the NFL. He had moved from weakside to middle linebacker before the season, and he seemed to take great pride in having a larger role in the defense as well as occupying a position where his older brother E.J. had been a Pro Bowler for the Vikings.

But late in the season, then-coach Leslie Frazier acknowledged that Henderson was never the Vikings' Plan A at middle linebacker, and his days with the team seemed numbered after Cole played well in his absence. His second arrest seemed to seal Henderson's fate.

By cutting the 27-year-old linebacker, the Vikings cleared $2 million in cap space for next season.

Last season in 14 games, he had:

112 tackles
4 Sacks
2 Interceptions
3 Passes defended
1 Forced Fumble

Omar

Liked Posts:
If that happens, then people can't make fun of "Erin" Rodgers' name.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 DUIs since November equals dumbfuck.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
When you go through someone else's garbage you typically end up with...... garbage.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought he was a pretty decent LB?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad he's done with the Vikings. Audie Cole stepped up from being cut from the team to being a good replacement for Henderson and he's nothing special either but at least he's not catching multiple DUI's.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Seems like he would be a good candidate for a low risk 1 year 500k type deal. He would probably be more productive than DJ Williams for the same price. And let's be honest, the Bears are going to need a few "Meh" players on the cheap to replace their "Ewww" players who stunk up the joint this year on D.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/10420065/erin-henderson-released-minnesota-vikings

Last season in 14 games, he had:

112 tackles
4 Sacks
2 Interceptions
3 Passes defended
1 Forced Fumble

Dunno if I like this guy, but I do think the Bears will bring in another ILB. I have a feeling that DJ Williams will get another chance, but I think I'd prefer someone else only cuz of the injuries. This is where I'd be looking at the June 1st cuts or something.

I'd be surprised if we drafted another LB this year, but you never know. I think if they drafted a LB, it would be more of a 3-4 guy. It'll be fun to watch and see what direction the defense takes, imo.

sewerbear

Liked Posts:
I would sign him on the cheap, and have it in the contract that if he gets a dui again he is shot on the spot.