Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's enjoyed retirement after being one of the most successful executives in the NFL over the last twentysomething years.

And he technically won in 3 different eras of football - so, he obviously knows how to adjust to the times....

Didn't he say Lamar Jackson should play WR?

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
To all the naysayers about Polian. Would you fell better if George and Ted collaborated alone, again and brought back Emory Trestman type people back. I'm for one glad George seek advice from somebody.. Sure as hell he wont be asking Green Bay GM for an advice.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Didn't he say Lamar Jackson should play WR?

Yes but Polian defenders say that is nothing to worry about.

Honestly though, that doesn't bother me as much as George and Ted will limit the candidates to nice, pleasant, optimistic guys who will keep being optimistic and putting the best spin on everything first and foremost.

Winners who have guts and say it like it is need not apply.

Polian will just pick the best out of the "short- list" optimistic nice guys that George and Ted approve before football IQ even begins to come in as a factor.

That is far more the issue than Polian's bad Lamar take imo

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
First things first - neither are someone I would want leading a modern NFL search. HOWEVER...

Let's stop pretending Bill Polian is Ernie Accorsi just because he wanted Jackson to convert to WR.

Lets actually look at the 2.

Ernie Accorsi

GM
  • Baltimore Colts - 1982 to 1983.
    • Record - 7-17-1
  • Cleveland Browns - 1985 to 1992
    • Record - 65 -61-1 (Failed with Bill Belichick)
  • New York Giants - 1998 to 2006
    • Record - 73 - 71
  • Total Record: 145 - 149 - 2. One Superbowl Appearances Total in 24 years. Zero Accolades.

Bill Polian

GM

• Buffalo Bills - 1986 to 1992.
    • Record - 69 - 42 (3 Superbowl Appearances)
  • Carolina Panthers - 1995-1997.
    • Record - 26 - 22 (One NFC Championship Appearance)
  • Indianapolis Colts - 1998 to 2009
    • Record - 131 - 61 (2 Superbowl Appearances, 1 win)
  • Total Record: 226 - 125. One Superbowl Win, Five Superbowl Appearances. 6x NFL Executive of the Year. Member of Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame and Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor.

So.....

Someone want to tell me how the FUCK Bill Polian is the same guy as Ernie Accorsi?
Christ - why would you pay an absolute career failure like Accorsi millions to pick your GM. Talk about jobs for the boys.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am definitely concerned about how long he's been away. So much so to the point where I would disagree that he has "as good a shot as anyone outside to get it right".

But I also don't believe his son being a college coach is much to be excited about either.
Just means he's still involved unless you don't think he talks ball with his son.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
To all the naysayers about Polian. Would you fell better if George and Ted collaborated alone, again and brought back Emory Trestman type people back. I'm for one glad George seek advice from somebody.. Sure as hell he wont be asking Green Bay GM for an advice.
He is literally old as crusty old dog**** and obviously his brain isn't working like maybe it used to but he has no business being a part of the modern NFL after he said that Lamarr Jackson is a wide receiver and it wasn't just a stutter or mis-speaking he literally was 100% serious about it well guess what? You want Fields to stay at quarterback? Keep this Polian IGNORAMUS away from the bears decisions!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just means he's still involved unless you don't think he talks ball with his son.

That doesn't mean he's still involved in the modern NFL. How would that help the search in any way?

Especially considering - and take me with a grain of salt here (as you always do) -

but imo, Polian is handcuffed by George and Ted having a pre-approved short list of optimistic, positive-spinning guys that will never rock the boat as THE number one priority.

Football IQ is secondary, and our best chance is to get *lucky* that a nice optimist with long-running ties to the organization just happens to also be expert in winning football.

Not great odds there imo.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That doesn't mean he's still involved in the modern NFL. How would that help the search in any way?

Especially considering - and take me with a grain of salt here (as you always do) -

but imo, Polian is handcuffed by George and Ted having a pre-approved short list of optimistic, positive-spinning guys that will never rock the boat as THE number one priority.

Football IQ is secondary, and our best chance is to get *lucky* that a nice optimist with long-running ties to the organization just happens to also be expert in winning football.

Not great odds there imo.
Jesus, take a chill pill. Still involved in the modern game is not a bad thing. He wasn't my 1st choice for this either but I have the capability of seeing something outside a full dichotomy.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jesus, take a chill pill. Still involved in the modern game is not a bad thing. He wasn't my 1st choice for this either but I have the capability of seeing something outside a full dichotomy.

No, I'm saying he is not involved in the modern game. Unless you know how he has been?

I'm literally as chilled as I can be. I have no more expectations from this organization. Another process, same old same old.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He is literally old as crusty old dog**** and obviously his brain isn't working like maybe it used to but he has no business being a part of the modern NFL after he said that Lamarr Jackson is a wide receiver and it wasn't just a stutter or mis-speaking he literally was 100% serious about it well guess what? You want Fields to stay at quarterback? Keep this Polian IGNORAMUS away from the bears decisions!

Bingo! And George bringing up Polian's credentials has to go back to the 1980's and Polian's hiring of Marv Levy to pound his chest. That's over 40 years ago!

wtf

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I guess the only thing we can do is hope they luck out and get a good GM and coach like they did Justin

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bingo! And George bringing up Polian's credentials has to go back to the 1980's and Polian's hiring of Marv Levy to pound his chest. That's over 40 years ago!

wtf

Yeah but did you know his son is special teams coach at LSU? So, he is obviously still plugged into the modern NFL.

Nah, all ribbing aside, Polian is handcuffed by their short list. No guy currently plugged in would allow the restrictions and that's why they hire a consultant so old - yet with bona fide credentials - as a smokescreen

and that's why they still fail to fool us in that they are doing a good job - or even anything remotely different -anyway.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I guess the only thing we can do is hope they luck out and get a good GM and coach like they did Justin
I hope they get Rick Smith for GM and then he decides whomst the coach is going to be himselve without any input from some old man for whomst the game has past by. Why can't the bears consult with people whomst still have functioning penises?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I hope they get Rick Smith for GM and then he decides whomst the coach is going to be himselve without any input from some old man for whomst the game has past by. Why can't the bears consult with people whomst still have functioning penises?
The great conundrum

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind the Polian hire. The thing I don't like about Polian is that over the last 10 years, he seems to undervalue QBs way beyond his comments on Lamar- But... I just don't think that will find a way to hurt us given we hopefully already have the QB in place and Polian's role won't be impactful long term enough for that to matter anyways.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
If Polian really had any pull with the Bears Peyton Manning would be president of football operations right now..