Eruv

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Has anyone ever seen this thing?

I guess there is one in Chicago. Sounds kinda like a silly loophole to me, if you are trying to be strict than be strict, don't place some magic wire all around the city so that everywhere becomes "private" instead of just your home.

Are there any Jewish folks that here that could expound on this a bit? I think it is fascinating that it costs 100k per year to maintain the one in NYC, but I guess that is just the cost of freedom.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it's a matter of finding a loophole, it seems that even something like a wheelchair can't be used if you were outside the eruv.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It seems equal to my brother and his wife's "loophole".
She is catholic, and had a couple kids from a previous marriage. Didnt want more, nor did my brother.

Since she "can't use birth control", bro got his nuts clipped.

To me, that sounds like double extra birth control.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why is it a problem? Gubment?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I guess there is one in Chicago. Sounds kinda like a silly loophole to me, if you are trying to be strict than be strict, don't place some magic wire all around the city so that everywhere becomes "private" instead of just your home.

Are there any Jewish folks that here that could expound on this a bit? I think it is fascinating that it costs 100k per year to maintain the one in NYC, but I guess that is just the cost of freedom.

I talked to a jewish friend of mine about it...she isnt super devout but she is more devout to her religion than others that I know are.

being a suburban dweller, she had heard of it but it isnt part of her world. Her take was that it is a necessary compromise in a place and time that makes it virtually impossible to strictly adhere to the sabbath rules that were written a few thousand years back.

Kind of a retroactive fix so that people dont have a crisis of faith by disobeying their religion for reasons or situations that were undreamt of back when the rules were written.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:

Is the wire costing you any money,phsyical harm no and no....then let it be.I think its a really smart loophole.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Is the wire costing you any money,phsyical harm no and no....then let it be.I think its a really smart loophole.

Wow, imagine learning about something you didn't know about it and asking what others thoughts were only to be told to mind ya business.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:

I guess there is one in Chicago. Sounds kinda like a silly loophole to me, if you are trying to be strict than be strict, don't place some magic wire all around the city so that everywhere becomes "private" instead of just your home

Re-read your post.im tired of your nonsense bud.go crawl back to your TRUMP FILLED HATE.

I guess there is one in Chicago. Sounds kinda like a silly loophole to me, if you are trying to be strict than be strict, don't place some magic wire all around the city so that everywhere becomes "private" instead of just your home

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Re-read your post.im tired of your nonsense bud.go crawl back to your TRUMP FILLED HATE.

LoL at thinking something is kinda silly because it is a loophole getting you so triggered.

Is that rage in you boiling up because it is getting so close to inauguration day?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Fuck you for wanting to learn.

It has now come out that this person just doesn't like me, has nothing at all to do with my attempts to learn more about something.

Apparently wanting learn and grow is a concept too far for them.... ?

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
LoL at thinking something is kinda silly because it is a loophole getting you so triggered.

Is that rage in you boiling up because it is getting so close to inauguration day?
Why don't you look at my post history then comment. Next time how about be more understanding instead of poking fun

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
It has now come out that this person just doesn't like me, has nothing at all to do with my attempts to learn more about something.

Apparently wanting learn and grow is a concept too far for them.... ?

Here is what you wrote below.

guess there is one in Chicago. Sounds kinda like a silly loophole to me, if you are trying to be strict than be strict, don't place some magic wire all around the city so that everywhere becomes "private" instead of just your home.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Here is what you wrote below.

guess there is one in Chicago. Sounds kinda like a silly loophole to me, if you are trying to be strict than be strict, don't place some magic wire all around the city so that everywhere becomes "private" instead of just your home.

I am totally aware of what I posted.

I also said this:

"Are there any Jewish folks that here that could expound on this a bit? I think it is fascinating that it costs 100k per year to maintain the one in NYC, but I guess that is just the cost of freedom. "

I literally asked for people of the specific faith this is regarding to explain it to me.

I completely admit that it sounds like a silly loophole to me, that was my initial impression. I was hoping for someone to come in here and explain to me why it is important or how it helps them be able to maintain faith and have a reasonable life much like @airtime143 did by asking his Jewish friend about it.

You on the other hand came around and started chit posting. If you want to E-fight that is cool, we can E-fight, I'd be happy to E-whip your dumb ass, but that was never the point of the original post.

It was intended to spark a conversation about this very real wire that gives Jewish people freedom to do things out and about in the city when they are literally not supposed to be out and about doing things in the city. I was trying to understand and you are just being a Karen about it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Why don't you look at my post history then comment. Next time how about be more understanding instead of poking fun

Why would I even care about your post history?

I am literally attempting to understand this thing and you are in here being a bitch about it. Are you Jewish? Did I offend you on the internet by poking a harmless bit of fun at something that seems silly to me? If you are Jewish and you can explain it to me stop being a testicle about it and get to explaining.

If you aren't Jewish and you are just going to bitch at me you can fuck right off.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
I am totally aware of what I posted.

I also said this:

"Are there any Jewish folks that here that could expound on this a bit? I think it is fascinating that it costs 100k per year to maintain the one in NYC, but I guess that is just the cost of freedom. "

I literally asked for people of the specific faith this is regarding to explain it to me.

I completely admit that it sounds like a silly loophole to me, that was my initial impression. I was hoping for someone to come in here and explain to me why it is important or how it helps them be able to maintain faith and have a reasonable life much like @airtime143 did by asking his Jewish friend about it.

You on the other hand came around and started chit posting. If you want to E-fight that is cool, we can E-fight, I'd be happy to E-whip your dumb ass, but that was never the point of the original post.

It was intended to spark a conversation about this very real wire that gives Jewish people freedom to do things out and about in the city when they are literally not supposed to be out and about doing things in the city. I was trying to understand and you are just being a Karen about it.

you literally called it a magic wire then started to bash their belief who cares man.. Secondly your such a classic internet tough- guy its funny.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Why would I even care about your post history?

I am literally attempting to understand this thing and you are in here being a bitch about it. Are you Jewish? Did I offend you on the internet by poking a harmless bit of fun at something that seems silly to me? If you are Jewish and you can explain it to me stop being a testicle about it and get to explaining.

If you aren't Jewish and you are just going to bitch at me you can fuck right off.

It doesn't matter if I am Jewish just be tolerant of other people beliefs its not that hard of a concept.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter if I am Jewish just be tolerant of other people beliefs its not that hard of a concept.

How is asking people of a certain faith to explain something that you find silly not being tolerant.

They can totally have their silly wire, I honestly do not give a shit. I was attempting to learn about it until you came in here and started complaining at me like some kinda of zealot on a mission to make me feel bad for thinking that something is silly.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
you literally called it a magic wire then started to bash their belief who cares man.. Secondly your such a classic internet tough- guy its funny.

LoL the e-tough guy does his normal shtick after attacking someone that defends themselves by calling them an e-tough guy. Nice try.

I did call it a magic wire. The wire magically allows Jewish people to move about the city and do things that they are not otherwise allowed to do.

Forgive me for sounding dismissive, but if there is some other definable reason that the wire allows them to move about the city I am all ears.

Would you feel better if I called it faith?

Maybe I offended you with my nomenclature.