Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

NFC North​

chi.png

Chicago Bears

Biggest hole: Wide receiver

The real answer for the Bears' biggest remaining hole is a "pick your poison" ordeal. They have too many issues to solve, including offensive line, defensive line and linebacker (outside of Roquan Smith, of course). Wide receiver is the most hindering issue right now, though. The team lost a slew of pass-catchers, most notably Allen Robinson II, and did not do enough to replace them.

Incumbent Darnell Mooney is a solid player, but he is a WR3 on a good team. As far as veterans go, the Bears only signed Byron Pringle and Equanimeous St. Brown. Both are WR4 types who have moonlighted as WR3s, but never because the team wanted to do that on purpose. Chances are they will be WR2 and WR3 in Chicago. The team also drafted Velus Jones Jr. out of Tennessee, but at least in Year 1, he is probably more of a gadget player and returner than a real-deal wideout.

msadows

Liked Posts:
FO went to my shit tier the moment they partnered with disney/espn and decided to charge a fuckton for stats.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

NFC North​

View attachment 19852

Chicago Bears

Biggest hole: Wide receiver

The real answer for the Bears' biggest remaining hole is a "pick your poison" ordeal. They have too many issues to solve, including offensive line, defensive line and linebacker (outside of Roquan Smith, of course). Wide receiver is the most hindering issue right now, though. The team lost a slew of pass-catchers, most notably Allen Robinson II, and did not do enough to replace them.

Incumbent Darnell Mooney is a solid player, but he is a WR3 on a good team. As far as veterans go, the Bears only signed Byron Pringle and Equanimeous St. Brown. Both are WR4 types who have moonlighted as WR3s, but never because the team wanted to do that on purpose. Chances are they will be WR2 and WR3 in Chicago. The team also drafted Velus Jones Jr. out of Tennessee, but at least in Year 1, he is probably more of a gadget player and returner than a real-deal wideout.

Is he also a D lister WR?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m probably the only non-biased fan here, but Allen Robinson and Cooper Kupp are both better than Mooney. As are Hill and Waddle.

So this article isn’t as far fetched as you are all making it seem.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
You can tell this shits just for clicks.

If you run a statistical website, the stats pretty clearly show that mooney is at worst a top tier #2 WR in this league. You don't even need to watch the damn games to note that.
ESPN doesn't care. Mooney was a 5th round draft choice which, to them, translates into, at best, a WR 3. I'm sure they thought they were doing him a favor by ranking him that high. Maroons.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m probably the only non-biased fan here, but Allen Robinson and Cooper Kupp are both better than Mooney. As are Hill and Waddle.

look at his stats vs other consensus #3 wr stats (whatever that might be lol) then holla back with your unbiased, objective view.

thanks.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
look at his stats vs other consensus #3 wr stats (whatever that might be lol) then holla back with your unbiased, objective view.

thanks.
I have. Mooneys career stats are worse than all 4 WRs I mentioned (Aka two good teams).

Let me know exactly where I’m wrong?

Thanks

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have. Mooneys career stats are worse than all 4 WRs I mentioned (Aka two good teams).

Let me know exactly where I’m wrong?

Thanks
So, his stats are not as good as #1 WR so he's a #3. Got it.

TYSM!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure why there is all the angst over Allen Robinson. Shouldn't be too hard for someone to produce 38 catches and 400 yards from last year.
Well the goal would be to have a better offense than last year lol. If the Bears only match 38/400 we're looking at another bottom dweller offense.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

So you named 2 teams. Please give us a rundown on the remaining 29 teams. Thx