ESPN: Mooney is a #3 WR

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
D'uh, its only the 2 teams the he listed therefore his argument is valid. You didnt catch taht?
I think i found where the disconnect is... @Bear_Assed wanted to grasp onto one phrase to make his whole argument and use 2 teams as his only barometer when we know he could be a #1 on some good teams and is likely a #2 on a majority of good teams.

In summary @Bear_Assed is being an idiot and trying to use semantics to prove a point

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
2021:
1652464127343.png

Does he have the worst hands of this group yes. Did he have the worst coach in the NFL, also yes. He's a fringe WR1.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2021:
View attachment 19855

Does he have the worst hands of this group yes. Did he have the worst coach in the NFL, also yes. He's a fringe WR1.
Do you not know how to read?!?!?! He would be a #3 WR on the Bengals....so obviously it isn't far fetched.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wonder how well Mooney would do with the QB's throwing the ball to him, that those other WR's have throwing to them.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wonder how well Mooney would do with the QB's throwing the ball to him, that those other WR's have throwing to them.
Considering @Bear_Assed considers Miami a good team I would assume not much better :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't confuse catch % with drop %. (He could very well lead that category as well, I just don't know)
I know he had quite a few drops last year, looking at the names in the list I am making an assumption.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't confuse catch % with drop %. (He could very well lead that category as well, I just don't know)
I don't think these numbers are accurate, I wanna say he had 6 or something:

1652465019546.png

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
And the idiot Bears QB coach said the Bears WR are fine. New administration same old lies

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

NFC North​

View attachment 19852

Chicago Bears

Biggest hole: Wide receiver

The real answer for the Bears' biggest remaining hole is a "pick your poison" ordeal. They have too many issues to solve, including offensive line, defensive line and linebacker (outside of Roquan Smith, of course). Wide receiver is the most hindering issue right now, though. The team lost a slew of pass-catchers, most notably Allen Robinson II, and did not do enough to replace them.

Incumbent Darnell Mooney is a solid player, but he is a WR3 on a good team. As far as veterans go, the Bears only signed Byron Pringle and Equanimeous St. Brown. Both are WR4 types who have moonlighted as WR3s, but never because the team wanted to do that on purpose. Chances are they will be WR2 and WR3 in Chicago. The team also drafted Velus Jones Jr. out of Tennessee, but at least in Year 1, he is probably more of a gadget player and returner than a real-deal wideout.

What lame, lazy assed reporting.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Quibbling over whether Mooney is a No. 1, 2, or 3 WR diverts attention from the real problem. Mooney is a good player, but after Mooney the Bears have an untried rookie with one good college season and a bunch of No. 4 WRs who have been rejected from multiple teams.

So teams can double team Mooney and if Mooney, a slight guy, is injured, the passing games, as poor as it already is, gets much worse. WR should have neen a top priority in the draft and free agency, but the new regime, apparently decided to go in another direction. Doesn't bode well for our young QB.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Quibbling over whether Mooney is a No. 1, 2, or 3 WR diverts attention from the real problem. Mooney is a good player, but after Mooney the Bears have an untried rookie with one good college season and a bunch of No. 4 WRs who have been rejected from multiple teams.

So teams can double team Mooney and if Mooney, a slight guy, is injured, the passing games, as poor as it already is, gets much worse. WR should have neen a top priority in the draft and free agency, but the new regime, apparently decided to go in another direction. Doesn't bode well for our young QB.
The Bears were in pretty much the same boat in 2021. Robinson was either checked out or injured. And then you had #4/5 WRs

Maybe they'll trade for a #1WR this year during their Super Bowl run

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question is, did Mooney draw WR1 coverage last year, of WR2?
At any rate, he is a solid #2 on most any team.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pringle wasn't rejected by KC, they tried to resign him. He was tendered last year. He is a legit #2