Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Saving jobs in Chicago?
The Bears are 5-1, somehow, and a run to the playoffs could spare not only coach Matt Nagy but also GM Ryan Pace, in spite of the disastrous outcome of the Mitchell Trubisky pick. Most people with whom we've talked think the Nagy/Pace pairing gets another year at least, which means another shot to try to solve the quarterback situation there.

The way the Bears are playing, they aren't going to have a very high pick with which to do it.

I already knew Pace was staying but i could be up for a change at HC or at least give up play calling Doodies.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Are people really serious about moving on from Nagy as head coach? The guy that Andy Reid called one of, if not the best, head coach prospect he ever had on his staff. The guy who is 25-13 overall as a head coach in his 3rd year as head coach. Have we lost that much touch with reality? Have we really forgotten how bad it can really be under guys like Fox and Trestman? Take a look around the league and recognize that having a head coach that the players play hard for and they find ways to win with is a -good- thing.

Besides all that, what decent head coach prospect would want to come to Chicago after something like that? If they know that you can win a lot more than you lose, have one of the best win/loss records in the history of the franchise...and the fans and media would still call for you to be fired? The head coach prospects that you would really want will have plenty of other jobs out there to pick from than to deal with that level of bs. For example, I would seriously doubt that a guy like Bieniemy would come here if we were to fire Nagy. So, for the fire Nagy crowd: Say they do, then what? Who do you want to replace him? What are the realistic chances they would actually want to come here? Assuming you blow up the whole staff, then what? Waste yet another great defense in Chicago just because?

I get wanting the offense to be better. But quite honestly, there are not going to be any massive upgrades in offensive stats until the offensive line improves and/or you draft and develop a new QB and probably both. I expect there to be incremental improvements in 2020 - with this defense, they will dominate if they can just average about one more score per game. But any large jumps in points scored to like over 30 ppg likely doesn't happen until you get new talent via draft and free agency.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy are going nowhere. They're attached at the hip. If you fire Pace, Nagy has to go because the new GM is getting his own coach. You can't fire Nagy because he's winning...and if you're not firing Nagy, you're not firing Pace.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It’s funny how people just assume the Bears defense will always be good as the offense is rebuilt. I believe the Bearsnhave the oldest defense in the league or close to it.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Are people really serious about moving on from Nagy as head coach? The guy that Andy Reid called one of, if not the best, head coach prospect he ever had on his staff. The guy who is 25-13 overall as a head coach in his 3rd year as head coach. Have we lost that much touch with reality? Have we really forgotten how bad it can really be under guys like Fox and Trestman? Take a look around the league and recognize that having a head coach that the players play hard for and they find ways to win with is a -good- thing.

Besides all that, what decent head coach prospect would want to come to Chicago after something like that? If they know that you can win a lot more than you lose, have one of the best win/loss records in the history of the franchise...and the fans and media would still call for you to be fired? The head coach prospects that you would really want will have plenty of other jobs out there to pick from than to deal with that level of bs. For example, I would seriously doubt that a guy like Bieniemy would come here if we were to fire Nagy. So, for the fire Nagy crowd: Say they do, then what? Who do you want to replace him? What are the realistic chances they would actually want to come here? Assuming you blow up the whole staff, then what? Waste yet another great defense in Chicago just because?

I get wanting the offense to be better. But quite honestly, there are not going to be any massive upgrades in offensive stats until the offensive line improves and/or you draft and develop a new QB and probably both. I expect there to be incremental improvements in 2020 - with this defense, they will dominate if they can just average about one more score per game. But any large jumps in points scored to like over 30 ppg likely doesn't happen until you get new talent via draft and free agency.

The problem I have is with people saying they should have done it differently.

Ok you 2 first rounders instead of Mack, what do you get for those first rounders. LT and a WR. Now you got a good offense but your defense sucks. No pass rush, and Quinn Int here to play on a mediocre defense. Now what?

bufordht

Liked Posts:

The only people who want to move on from nagy are people who watch the games and also have some football knowledge.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I am not saying that Pace and Nagy need to have an all pro Oline, but what pisses me off is that they failed to bring in ANY competition at either tackle position, NONE, and they continue to do nothing despite the poor performance particularly at LT.

What is the Pro Scout team doing - is there no PS player in the entire league that has potential to compete with Leno?

What is the oline coach doing, he was brought in to get these guys working together and technically sound.

What is Pace doing if the trade deadline is approaching and we have not yet tried to find a team that has a young LT that is ready to take over, but the vet is still playing at a high level, so they can not take him off the field?

This team has a shot at being a sleeper and Pace is doing jack shit about it OR Nagy is too scared to tell Leno he is going to have to take a seat and let Spriggs start a game to see if he can be better.

Or Nagy, how about we quit leaving Leno on a fuckin island against the other teams best pass rusher.

There is so much that could STILL be done, even though they shit the bed this off season, to help improve the O-line. Yet every week we watch tape of the Oline getting beat badly with poor technique or missed assignments, or bad formations. I don't mind if the player across from them is simply better and they get beat, but the shit with Leno getting beat on an inside move way too often need to stop.

Rant over......I think

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Masse is fine and they brought in Spriggs that many here were pissed about not being able to draft. Hard to find NFL LTs after round 1 in the draft. I hate Leno and am also not happy but you don't get top starting LTs in free agency. Teams tag and sign those before they can leave. If you get a shot it's huge $ and we unfortunately have too much cap in Leno this year. It will be viable to bid on a FA next year in the unlikely scenario that a good LT becomes available.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Are you really suggesting we put another QB behind a terrible LT? Have we learned nothing from the last 20 years?

No, we should definitely never get a QB because they might get sacked sometimes.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't understand why people think this will make things better.
Because he makes a couple bad calls a game but people ignore the much larger sample size of the vast majority of snaps that aren’t trick plays and nothing works. It’s the convenient scape goat.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Chicago bears couldn’t establish a run game against the 31st ranked run defense. Carolina was able to rush 3 and get home. Tell me again how this is a play calling issue.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Because he makes a couple bad calls a game but people ignore the much larger sample size of the vast majority of snaps that aren’t trick plays and nothing works. It’s the convenient scape goat.
Lazor, DeFillippo, Furrey, or even Castillo calling plays isn't going to get the offensive line blocking any better. Nor will it get Anthony Miller to go past the first down marker.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Lazor, DeFillippo, Furrey, or even Castillo calling plays isn't going to get the offensive line blocking any better. Nor will it get Anthony Miller to go past the first down marker.
Maybe Nagy would be able to call shot plays every now and then if it wouldn’t get his QB killed too

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Exactly..... so I don't know why you continue to bitch about it. Mitch is done and we're back to mediocre QB's. Can't do anything about that until the draft falls right for us. May be years.

I think both of those free agents were too expensive given the route they took. Would have liked a draft pick. Can't argue there.

Only 1 of the players he mentions are anywhere near or outperforming our very own lineman..... I very much expect a LT QB and WR to be a top priority next season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only 1 of the players he mentions are anywhere near or outperforming our very own lineman..... I very much expect a LT QB and WR to be a top priority next season.

Pace would never invest that much in the offense.

I expect OLB and CB to be our focus.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace would never invest that much in the offense.

I expect OLB and CB to be our focus.

I expect the draft to be BPA as always. I expect free agency to be slow to non-existant. (as far as major moves go. plenty of dumpster dives after the draft)

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Hey look at the bright side at least Foles balls aren't as wobbly.