ESPN: Nagy and Pace Likely Safe

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Pace would never invest that much in the offense.

I expect OLB and CB to be our focus.
Everything you say is nonsense and has a mundane understanding on how shit works its time to grow up and put your big boy pants on.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everything you say is nonsense and has a mundane understanding on how shit works its time to grow up and put your big boy pants on.

It was a joke about our lack of investment in the offense.

A lack of investment that us hurting us every single week.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Because he makes a couple bad calls a game but people ignore the much larger sample size of the vast majority of snaps that aren’t trick plays and nothing works. It’s the convenient scape goat.

Yeah, playcalling isn't a huge issue. Sure, short yardage plays are an issue, but is it because Nagy sucks at calling plays? Or is it because he can't trust his OL to block for 1 yard or his receivers to not run into each other or run backwards after the catch? A lot of this was on execution. There were several plays last game (and many other games) where Foles missed a guy downfield (first play should have been a TD to Miller) and checked down. There were plays Sunday and against Tampa where a guy was coming open but Foles has to get rid of it before he wants because he's taking a hit. There's issues with WR and their route running depth. Graham failed to come back for a ball vs. TB.

Nagy isn't asking these guys to do anything they aren't capable of. He's not making the OL block on 7 step drops. It's the QB missing guys, the OL with poor technique, WRs with drops. It's details like he said. I would actually love to see more trick plays and formations like 2018. Nagy was having fun calling plays in 2018. But he's dialed those things way back because the offense can't pull off the basics well enough right now.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
To add on, my issue with Nagy's playcalling (and I believe I said this last week) is that there's too much back and forth with personnel. This offense has been MUCH better when playing with urgency. Whether behind, with time running out in a half, or just when they are desperate to get things going. Nagy gets too cute with making sure he gets his fun plays with 3 TEs in there. Getting Patterson a couple touches. Throwing Wims in there for some edge blocking.

I think the Bears need to play fast. Go 11 personnel. Use backups like actual backups, instead of getting guys on the field just for the sake of it. Patterson in when Montgomery needs to rest (not just to give a different look), go to your 2 and 3 TE sets when the situation dictates it. He's going 3 TEs on first down and then going empty the next play. He doesn't really have a "feel" for playcalling to consistently exploit weaknesses on the defense and maximize offensive strengths. His actual plays are fine and will work enough if guys start executing better.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like his past three games really have been fine from play calling.. minus a few boneheaded ones, but to be expected.

execution is killing this team. There is no rhythm and when they do get into one, they have a drop, penalty, sack etc.

Miller’s game against the panthers is a perfect example of not executing.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I feel like his past three games really have been fine from play calling.. minus a few boneheaded ones, but to be expected.

execution is killing this team. There is no rhythm and when they do get into one, they have a drop, penalty, sack etc.

Miller’s game against the panthers is a perfect example of not executing.
Or Foles’ INT. That absolutely can not happen under any circumstances, especially after a turn over. That was straight out of the Cutler from running backwards to throwing off his back foot into double coverage. At some point the players need to be better or we need new ones.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Foles’ INT. That absolutely can not happen under any circumstances, especially after a turn over. That was straight out of the Cutler from running backwards to throwing off his back foot into double coverage. At some point the players need to be better or we need new ones.

Yeah that was pretty fucking awful. He had Graham open or could have just tossed it.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
No, we should definitely never get a QB because they might get sacked sometimes.

Sometimes? Are you clueless? Look at the offense we run. It’s short passes all game because the tackles can’t protect...... anyone...

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It was a joke about our lack of investment in the offense.

A lack of investment that us hurting us every single week.
how many teams have a middle of the road or top 32 OT just waiting to step into the LT role when someone goes down ? no one, thats not how it works.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Sometimes? Are you clueless? Look at the offense we run. It’s short passes all game because the tackles can’t protect...... anyone...

Yes. And despite the tackles not protecting, Foles has been sacked 4 times in 4 games. Should we settle for mediocre to shitty QB talent because of the OL is bad? That makes no logical sense.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
how many teams have a middle of the road or top 32 OT just waiting to step into the LT role when someone goes down ? no one, thats not how it works.

Exactly, look at GB Bahktiari went down and Rogers looked absolutely out of character.

Imagine that, only for your entire career. The thing is, the backup for them is probably still better than Leno is.

Gimme any of the 5 SEC top 5 tackles next year and I’ll show you an improvement over Leno.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

How many teams have better OL depth than the Bears... a bunch of them.

1 OL injury should not destroy your offense, but it does when Rashaad Coward steps in.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
How many teams have better OL depth than the Bears... a bunch of them.

1 OL injury should not destroy your offense, but it does when Rashaad Coward steps in.
nothing has really changed since coward joined, yes he is worse of a player but quite frankly its been the same shit show. Leno, coward and Miller shouldn't be playing imo. Alex bars should be given his chance to play LG again imo or sign Spain.

I wouldn't be against spriggs trying out LT.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Incredible how short sighted people are and with such low standards. This teams current trajectory leads to absolutely nowhere significant. Maybe you beat a bad playoff team in a bad NFC. Big deal.

I don't want to hear about records. 6 years of Ryan Pace and thus far, nothing to show for it. The defense is great but it wont be great forever. And them being great is irrelevant. Look at what happened in the '18 playoffs. The Eagles scored 16 points. The Bears were the #1 scoring defense in the league at like 17 points. They outperformed their already league leading defense and the offense still failed to put up enough points to win. at home...

Do people think they're capable of turning around this putrid offense in one season? BASED ON WHAT? We're in year 3 of Nagy and he hasn't improved. The only difference in this offense is he no longer has Hicks doing his best Fridge impression at the goal line. Give these guys another year to fix the QB position? Asinine.

Anything short of a deep playoff run and you blow it up. You don't keep a coach and ask the next GM to keep him for a year. You don't give the terrible GM another shot at a QB because then you tend you give him another couple years for the QB to develop. Enough. It's bad enough he set this franchise back 5 years with drafting Mitch higher than any Bears QB ever. Do not give him the opportunity to invest anymore money or picks in anyone else. Like i said ad nauseum last season, the foundation of this team is built off of free agents. The best players on this team were either FAs or drafted by someone else. That combines with big time whiffs in the draft is why this team went into this season with little money or draft picks.

But at this rate, with this incompetent ownership, i fully expect them to ooze at the thought of a playoff appearance and fail to see the big picture. More Ryan Pace. More Matt Nagy. Another couple years of no championships, just how Bears fans like it, apparently.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Incredible how short sighted people are and with such low standards. This teams current trajectory leads to absolutely nowhere significant. Maybe you beat a bad playoff team in a bad NFC. Big deal.

I don't want to hear about records. 6 years of Ryan Pace and thus far, nothing to show for it. The defense is great but it wont be great forever. And them being great is irrelevant. Look at what happened in the '18 playoffs. The Eagles scored 16 points. The Bears were the #1 scoring defense in the league at like 17 points. They outperformed their already league leading defense and the offense still failed to put up enough points to win. at home...

Do people think they're capable of turning around this putrid offense in one season? BASED ON WHAT? We're in year 3 of Nagy and he hasn't improved. The only difference in this offense is he no longer has Hicks doing his best Fridge impression at the goal line. Give these guys another year to fix the QB position? Asinine.

Anything short of a deep playoff run and you blow it up. You don't keep a coach and ask the next GM to keep him for a year. You don't give the terrible GM another shot at a QB because then you tend you give him another couple years for the QB to develop. Enough. It's bad enough he set this franchise back 5 years with drafting Mitch higher than any Bears QB ever. Do not give him the opportunity to invest anymore money or picks in anyone else. Like i said ad nauseum last season, the foundation of this team is built off of free agents. The best players on this team were either FAs or drafted by someone else. That combines with big time whiffs in the draft is why this team went into this season with little money or draft picks.

But at this rate, with this incompetent ownership, i fully expect them to ooze at the thought of a playoff appearance and fail to see the big picture. More Ryan Pace. More Matt Nagy. Another couple years of no championships, just how Bears fans like it, apparently.
we could of kept floyd and paid him less than Quinn but he choose to let him go and sign Quinn. A good GM definitely picks up Mack if he has the resources. I don't blame him for believing in Trubisky after that 2018 season or Leno(but they busted). Kyle Fuller and Eddie jackson were retained Fuller who most here don't think or thought was good is playing out of his mind this season like a #1 paid CB should. Akiem Hicks was a nobody and it took a good eye to pick him up and see his potential. I don't know what's going on with this offense but it looks like most players give up play after play throughout the 2019-2020 season. I don't understand what happened, but a 2018 offense right now puts us at 6-0 and looking towards a deep playoff no questions asked. Ifedi has played well on a minimum contract. I think pace should have a shot at drafting the next draft class or QB at least. if the offense stays the same or worse fire Nagy. it's nice to just say he whiffed on draft picks especially in the early first round. but I only see Trubisky as a true bust in the first round of paces history drafting. there was no excuse not to draft Mahomes at 2 or 3. if you look at the players in those draft classes, mocked to go top 32 you'd see most of them sucked ass and it was mostly of positions, that we didn't need that actually became something. PS Kevin white didn't have a history of injuries and literally got hurt every season with us how do you account for that ?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Thank you.
ya, do you know you ? like actually know whats going on in the locker room and between players why people have dropped off the map for this team for this offense and just take it like a business and pick up a large check. lack of effort across the offense.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
ya, do you know you ? like actually know whats going on in the locker room and between players why people have dropped off the map for this team for this offense and just take it like a business and pick up a large check. lack of effort across the offense.
Who dropped off the map that was that good to begin with? Trubisky *checks notes* trash since late '18. The OL could run block last season and they lost their best guy. WRs? Honestly feels like a wash. Robinson is still great outside of a handful of plays where he's the weakest player on the field. They're better at TE, in the redzone at least. Am i missing something?

LMAO are you actually watching these games scratching your head like "i just dont know how we got here. these guys used to be so good"?

PS I appreciate your lack of response, you can ignore the post above too. I'm sure you still have nothing of importance to say.
Honestly, it was a shit post defending a bad gm with a lot of nonsense in the middle and it seems like you really missed the point of my post. I'll say it again, the Bears went into last season with no money and little draft capital because the GM repeatedly whiffed in the draft. Happens all the time.

His bad drafting is acne. FA is makeup. and despite all the foundation, eye shadow, lipstick, ass implants and push-up bras, this team has absolutely nothing to show for it but a great defense that won't win meaningful games when you stop playing the C list NFL teams and start playing real playoff teams.

Again, 6 years, zero playoff wins and a projection that is anything but ancient Virginia McCaskey lifting the Lombardi.

I want better.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Who dropped off the map that was that good to begin with? Trubisky *checks notes* trash since late '18. The OL could run block last season and they lost their best guy. WRs? Honestly feels like a wash. Robinson is still great outside of a handful of plays where he's the weakest player on the field. They're better at TE, in the redzone at least. Am i missing something?

LMAO are you actually watching these games scratching your head like "i just dont know how we got here. these guys used to be so good"?

Honestly, it was a shit post defending a bad gm with a lot of nonsense in the middle and it seems like you really missed the point of my post. I'll say it again, the Bears went into last season with no money and little draft capital because the GM repeatedly whiffed in the draft. Happens all the time.

His bad drafting is acne. FA is makeup. and despite all the foundation, eye shadow, lipstick, ass implants and push-up bras, this team has absolutely nothing to show for it but a great defense that won't win meaningful games when you stop playing the C list NFL teams and start playing real playoff teams.

Again, 6 years, zero playoff wins and a projection that is anything but ancient Virginia McCaskey lifting the Lombardi.

I want better.

This Franchise was at it’s lowest of lows when Pace came in. These guys careers are all anchored to one another’s. The offense is getting dragged down by Leno’s lack of effort and it shows up on film. if you think they had any other option than signing him then shame on you guys. This was not the destination for any FA and had no culture of winning. You can look back and say what else did we have, or could we have gotten? But the truth is from what it was to what it is now it’s 10x more watchable and respectable than anything we’ve watched excluding 2018.

Missing on Tunsil is the killer though. He’s the difference between 250 yards of dink and dunk and 300+ yards in the air with 75+ rushing.

The next season you put a rookie QB who looked better than Mike Glennon every chance he got in and never went and got anyone to protect him.

the defense was built first. The offense needs pass protection. Then the defense needs to be reinforced again.