1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pretty much what I said. .500 for the next 5 years

Matt Eberflus to the Bears

NFL background: Defensive coordinator for the Colts (2018-21); linebackers coach for the Cowboys (2011-17); linebackers coach for the Browns (2009-10)

Fowler: What I hear about Eberflus is he's organized and projects well in interviews. New GM Ryan Poles was looking for someone with whom he can build. The connection had to be there, and the two hit it off in their interview. Plus, attention toward the defensive side of the ball always plays in Chicago. I'm curious what happened with Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, who informed teams he's returning to Dallas. He was an attractive candidate. But teams seem to be leaning toward first-time coaches and fresh ideas. Dan, did Chicago get the best guy?

Graziano: I thought it was going to be Jim Caldwell or Quinn, as pairing a first-time GM with a first-time head coach feels a little bit risky. Eberflus has been kicking around the head-coach interview circuit for a while, and he has certainly worked and trained under the right people. As you mentioned, he is very organized and detailed, and he should run a tight ship. But the obvious question is who's coming with him on the offensive side of the ball to oversee the development of quarterback Justin Fields, who's arguably more important to the success of the franchise than any head coach or GM would have been.​

Fowler: Absolutely. The hiring of the Bears' offensive coordinator is crucial. There are no obvious ties here. I don't expect Eberflus to dip into the Scott Linehan tree from his Dallas days. But he must have a good one lined up in order to sell the job. Fields' second-year development will help define the Poles-Eberflus tandem, so not only is the coordinator hire crucial but the team's vision for adding weapons around Fields will also be important. The defense should be fine, and Eberflus will most likely bring Colts linebackers coach Dave Borgonzi with him, either as a coordinator or in the same position he held in Indy.

Grades for Chicago hiring Eberflus​

Fowler: B-. This is an understated hire -- solid but not overly exciting. And that's OK. Eberflus might turn out to be great. If you're looking for a home run plan around Fields, this probably isn't it. But Eberflus is a good chemistry guy who should engender trust rather quickly.

Graziano: C+. Similar to Hackett in Denver, it's impossible to know whether the guy is a head coach -- and we will all find out together. Eberflus' reputation is strong, and the Bears obviously saw something they liked. But I'd still feel better about it if either the GM or the coach weren't doing this for the first time.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You started a thread about Mahomes and Brady earlier today and said ESPN commentators are “clowns.”

So are these ESPN clowns more knowledgeable than the other ESPN clowns?

Your last quote in your initial post was “Don't let ESPN suck you into their agenda.”

So confusing…

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You started a thread about Mahomes and Brady earlier today and said ESPN commentators are “clowns.”

So confusing…
Just posting their opinion. It's coincidental that they agree with me. I dont endorse ESPN.

No baby seals were clubbed to death in the making of this thread.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Just posting their opinion. It's coincidental that they agree with me. I dont endorse ESPN.

No seals were clubbed to death in the making of this thread.
They work at ESPN so they must be clowns. I’m just trying to apply your “logic.”

If they agree with you, they should start applying the pancake makeup and strapping on the big red noses.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Your last quote in your initial post was “Don't let ESPN suck you into their agenda.”

So confusing…

Topic over

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
If ESPN says they were mediocre hires then prepare for a superbowl run next year. I'd be more worried if they approved of them. ?

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Would have liked to read their opinion after the OC was hired as both agreed that’s crucial to judge it by. They couldn’t wait one more day or do a rewrite? Lazy .500 journalism.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Would have liked to read their opinion after the OC was hired as both agreed that’s crucial to judge it by. They couldn’t wait one more day or do a rewrite? Lazy .500 journalism.
They need the clicks

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL Fuck ESPN

If the Bears would have hired Leslie Frazier. They would be PRAISING them for the hire.

ESPN is a fucking joke

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can either strive for avoiding a disaster by hiring a retread or strive for success by hiring who you feel is best suited for the endeavor.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
In all honesty ESPN is terrible and what I have learned that most of their guys have no clue of what they are talking about.
They have about 5 nfl teams they love and cover, everyone else they just spew garbage information.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesn't matter the format. Current news is about clicks.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Outside of the organization, I don't think anyone is super excited about Eberflus. This isn't an Andy Reid/Sean Payton/Kyle Shanahan hire.. There were no homerun hires. With that said I barely know who Zac Taylor is and he's coaching in the superbowl.