ESPN reaches deal with NHL

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
Who knows what it will look like, but I always liked when ESPN had it in the 90's...ESPN and ESPN2 regularly two early games and two late games the same day...with judicious use of the previous button, one could watch four games an evening.

greg23

Makes sense. NBC is shutting down nbc sports
Pretty sure its not exclusive rights...they'll split with NBC and their channels (usa, etc).

Shockingly espn; a sports channel; may actually start to notice that hockey is still played.

HeHateMe

Kill Your Masters
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
ESPN can ruin any sport. I have my concerns.

Somehow Stephen A Smith will be involved.
Stephen A Smith is GOAT. THe fact he triggers ppl like you so much is exactly why he has a job and is the best at that job in the entire sports media world.

Grimson

🏆 CCS HoF: Class of 2015 🏆
Donator
Stephen A Smith is GOAT. THe fact he triggers ppl like you so much is exactly why he has a job and is the best at that job in the entire sports media world.
It will likely be Barry Melrose and some of the NBCSN layoffs doing coverage.

The fact that he instantly went to Stephen A Smith complaining is pretty telling... but this ain't B&I... so...

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
My favorite teams
Portland Timbers Chicago Blackhawks

Be prepared for the future to hold games exclusively on streaming services you have to subscribe to.
Hopefully that should change very little for me. I've done streaming for over a decade. I'm hoping ESPN+ will play ALL games that are not nationally broadcast.

Also, hoping Thorne+Clement come back and kick Regis the fuck out.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully that should change very little for me. I've done streaming for over a decade. I'm hoping ESPN+ will play ALL games that are not nationally broadcast.

Also, hoping Thorne+Clement come back and kick Regis the fuck out.
That would be awesome....really enjoyed their broadcasts.