ESPN reaches deal with NHL

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, as soon as there's another match (Thursday I think) being broadcast on ESPN+ I'll see how it comps to NHL.TV. So fat the major knock of ESPN+ is that you only get one broadcasting crew, and it was Florida's. Even though I think Foley needs to be put out to pasture for Weiderman/Murray...they are better than Florida's paring.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well, as soon as there's another match (Thursday I think) being broadcast on ESPN+ I'll see how it comps to NHL.TV. So fat the major knock of ESPN+ is that you only get one broadcasting crew, and it was Florida's. Even though I think Foley needs to be put out to pasture for Weiderman/Murray...they are better than Florida's paring.
I thought the deal didn't start till next year? Are they already doing games on ESPN+?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd change Murray for Mayers.

I thought the deal didn't start till next year? Are they already doing games on ESPN+?

I thought the same. Thursday's game is on ESPN+?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
VVV
I'd change Murray for Mayers.

I thought the same. Thursday's game is on ESPN+?
According to the NHL app, it is. Saturday's isn't, but Tuesday's is. I think some are on ESPN+ and I've been trying to test-drive it since we got it bundled with Hulu.

And, if one of my buddy's is to be believed, after the hawks embarrassed themselves in the 2017 playoffs, Murray completely ripped the team (the whole team) a new collective asshole along the same lines as Foley's Karpotzev rant. If that was indeed the case (and I've been trying to get the recording of that for years now), Murray needs to be a shoe-in as Weiderman's color guy. We need more of that in the sport.

*EDIT* May not be able to demo it tonight. Unfortunately I'm dealing with a project at work with a project manager that couldn't manage a good shit without a how-to video. :mad:

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN already streaming more games on ESPN+, I am out of market and don't have Center Ice this year, but got to see Hawks/Panthers on a fairly cheap bundle service that includes ESPN plus, Hulu, and Disney.

Hulu may end up with more hockey too?

Anyway, thought I would report I saw benefits from this partnership already.

@MassHavoc