Euro Vacation Spots

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know @greg23 can't afford to leave his driveway.

But where do the rest of normal folks look to take a Euro vacay as things get back to normal?

I am currently looking at a Madrid --> Paris --> Baku (Azerbaijan) --> Helsinki --> Istanbul --> Moscow trip.

Very budget conscious and visiting amazing places.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know @greg23 can't afford to leave his driveway.

But where do the rest of normal folks look to take a Euro vacay as things get back to normal?

I am currently looking at a Madrid --> Paris --> Baku (Azerbaijan) --> Helsinki --> Istanbul --> Moscow trip.

Very budget conscious and visiting amazing places.
The fam and I were just talking about doing Helsinki to Intanbul and capping in off in Moscow! Haven't set a date yet. Would be awesome to meat up in any of those three!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If you haven’t done Prague, I highly recommend it. Absolutely beautiful, amazing food, culture abound…something those certain posters you mention would know nothing about

Also, it’s very affordable despite being in the EU…they use their own currency still

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you haven’t done Prague, I highly recommend it. Absolutely beautiful, amazing food, culture abound…something those certain posters you mention would know nothing about

Also, it’s very affordable despite being in the EU…they use their own currency still

I've heard the same about Prague.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I was planning an Italy vacation before Covid hit idk when im going to revisit that. I was going to split the trip one year do rome and Israel and another trip rest of Italy

if Covid ever gets under control I also want to go Greece France Spain. England was awesome. My sis just got back from her euro trip Belgium-Germany-France. The Covid restrictions weren’t terrible.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brussels was way underrated imo and worth checking into if you are passing thru.

I thought Paris was meh, but I was also to young to fully appreciate it I'm sure. I was 24 coming off a 4 day bender in Amsterdam. Eiffel tower was obviously cool to see and there are plenty of sights to see, but overall the people of France were not very friendly to us.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Several years ago on my way back from my several months in South Africa I did this trek (all on Eurorail Pass and staying at random hotels or hostels I found when I got off the train (so just kind of winging it)

Only listing major cities/towns: Frankfurt am Main -> Nuremburg -> Munchen -> Linz -> Wein -> Salzburg -> Innsbruck -> Vaduz -> Lucern -> Zurich -> Baden -> Basel -> Freiburg im Breisgau -> Strasbourg -> Mannheim -> Frankfurt again for the flight home.

Skipped Czechia in order to avoid an additional currency exchange (having to get Francs for Liechtenstein and Switzerland was bad enough).

Cool thing about the Eurorail Pass is that they offer options that include things like unlimited rides on X number of days over the course of Y period. Example: you can take as many rides on supported lines (basically anything but upgraded business class and such) on any 14 days over the course of a month. So, if you take an early morning train that counted as 1 travel day, you arrive in one of the smaller cities, spend the day wandering, and if you leave the day you arrived on an overnight train that only counted as 1 travel day. Then you get to a larger city and spend multiple days there then repeat. Not sure if it still functions exactly like that, but it was a really easy way to cover a lot of area pretty cheap (sleeping on the night train saved on accommodations and you could get single rooms at a hostel for around 13€ [about $15]). Pretty sure the train pass ran me something like 300€+, but it seems like the options are steeper and more limited now.