Evans > Ebner

Nelly

Liked Posts:
D. Evans looked quick and decisive out there today with his reps, which was pretty much the polar opposite to Trestan Ebner. Not a big deal for your 3rd running back in the grand scheme, but it's worth pointing out. What was the coaching staff seeing all year to keep playing Ebner over Evans?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They both looked about the same against the scrub squad in preseason from what I remember. Maybe Evans looked a bit better, but obviously Evans looks better against a starting defense in one game and it's not even close. I still say they use Ebner poorly as he is not a true RB and at his size never will be. Evans fits the Herbert role because he is basically the same back but a better receiver . So with Herbert down he just fits the role like a glove almost. Not sure he the same as Herbert on handoffs. Better 3rd down back, worse on runs.

Overall I see him as the replacement Monty in the passing game. Herbert on the ground now. Which I can't say Ebner is anything at this point but making money for nothing... maybe a off season will pay off.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Other than running a good timed 40, I don’t see what the scouts and management ever saw in Ebner.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Other than running a good timed 40, I don’t see what the scouts and management ever saw in Ebner.

Based on what I saw he looked like a pure receiving back. He showed good hands and decent route running ability. But the Bears don't seem to use running backs as anything but dump-off options. So far Ebner does not look like an NFL running back.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Evans always had talent, just couldn’t stay healthy. Ebner should have been a weapon in the passing game as he was in college. But he’s been a bum regardless

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ebner is a sloth, an absolute sloth. When they had him on kick off to start the year I questioned their evaluation skills.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Which was way too high. Should have been an UDFA

Once you start getting into the 200’s its all a crap shoot.

Getting upset over Velus…. I get it.

Over this? Not really.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It was a game, and he was the clear second fiddle, but it looked to me like Evans could be contributor. If for some reason we can't/don't bring back Montgomery, maybe we feel comfortable as a #2 to Herbert?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Once you start getting into the 200’s its all a crap shoot.

Getting upset over Velus…. I get it.

Over this? Not really.

What worries me a bit is Poles specifically mentioned how the class was very strong and deep at RB and he was super excited about it….then he goes on to draft an ultra scrub who shouldn’t even be on a practice squad. Does not instill confidence in his evaluation skills, but can’t get em all right I guess

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They both looked about the same against the scrub squad in preseason from what I remember. Maybe Evans looked a bit better, but obviously Evans looks better against a starting defense in one game and it's not even close. I still say they use Ebner poorly as he is not a true RB and at his size never will be. Evans fits the Herbert role because he is basically the same back but a better receiver . So with Herbert down he just fits the role like a glove almost. Not sure he the same as Herbert on handoffs. Better 3rd down back, worse on runs.

Overall I see him as the replacement Monty in the passing game. Herbert on the ground now. Which I can't say Ebner is anything at this point but making money for nothing... maybe a off season will pay off.
Yeah I hope they use him as a third down compliment back to Herbert.

Montgomery is a good #1 all-around back.
They have a perfect mix right now. Evans looks like a keeper if Monty injured or walks via FA.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
D. Evans looked quick and decisive out there today with his reps, which was pretty much the polar opposite to Trestan Ebner. Not a big deal for your 3rd running back in the grand scheme, but it's worth pointing out. What was the coaching staff seeing all year to keep playing Ebner over Evans?
or Borom over Reiff. At least you can excuse this skull fvckery by saying that maybe they want to see if Borom develops while Reiff is getting a bit long in the tooth, but Id think protecting your QB1 would be more important

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Evans attacked the line of scrimmage better, so yes agree he's better than Ebner.