Even though we have low expectations, it feels good to be starting a new season.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As wel all know, there is little to hope for, but sometimes that's what can make a seemingly bad season look good. I hate to say this but what I hope happens happens and this is what I personally hope for...

The trash of the past stays in the past: We need to see if any of Emery's picks o n defense can even show promise in a 3-4 defense.Admittedly, I have not been able to pay too much attention to anything going on, but I'm on vacation for the next few weeks so I will be able to pay more attention to details. But from what I heard this Fox guy is giving no special treatment to guys like Cutler, or anyone else on this team. Best player plays and if you don't cut it, he will see if the next guy will. Kind of reminds me of Lovie when his job and his ass was on the line back in 2010.

Cutler; put up or shut up: Like Lovie under Emery, if he doesn't get us to the post season and has a big role it it. We will likely be looking at a new young QB next season whether Cutler gets cut traded, or benched. But to not make this a Cutler topic, too heavily...

Forte Future Replacement: First off, I'm against really a replacement for Forte if they don't find someone that can be as good or better then him at age 30, no matter how you are looking at it. I know the magic number of 30 does things to guys at the position, but I also have a feeling Forte could at least stick for another three years in a 2 back system... if willing to share the role. (More money for the end days right?)

Long at Tackle: I only like the idea of this if no one is better then him at the job. Again I have not been able to keep up with What goes down in Camp. And I would wonder who would take his place at Guard. I worry if they even have the talent there.

Defense does it look like it could even be better then last year?: I wonder this, because overall, in most spots we still have people from last year starting and in a defense most would not understand, does it seem like people are lost out there?

Mainly, I made this topic to try to get an understanding, and get my own excitement for the next season coming.

Ed out!

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Going in there are definately more questions than answers with this team but like any team there is hope in August..

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I look at this team and I see a team that in two years time is going to look completely different. There's going to be a massive roster turnover in very short order. Most of the guys won't even be here so it's honestly hard to get excited about the guys here right now in the immediate.

I want to see good things from Pace's draft picks during the preseason games. After that I can't say I care what happens the rest of the season as the turnover will be immense and those that aren't gone are already established like Long Jeffery and I think Fuller takes that next step. Beyond a select few this team is a pile of leftover Phil Emery crap.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
football is better than no football... so, im excited for the season in that regard, but i have zero expectations and feel rather indifferent as to where the bears currently stand as an organization.