My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
1674239359207.png

With CJ Stroud still on the board at 4, I passed up the opportunity to take Jalen Carter to load up in 2024. If Fields isn't the guy, we have 3 picks next year to move into the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. If he is, we are loaded up on picks next year to build around him. Can move one of those 1's for veteran WR's like an AJ Brown type move. I love Hyatt more than most, I have him as my #4 WR in the class. We lock up a LT here and move Jones to RT then sure up the DE spots on defense. Have to get a DT and C in free agency with this type of draft.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
View attachment 25657

With CJ Stroud still on the board at 4, I passed up the opportunity to take Jalen Carter to load up in 2024. If Fields isn't the guy, we have 3 picks next year to move into the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. If he is, we are loaded up on picks next year to build around him. Can move one of those 1's for veteran WR's like an AJ Brown type move. I love Hyatt more than most, I have him as my #4 WR in the class. We lock up a LT here and move Jones to RT then sure up the DE spots on defense. Have to get a DT and C in free agency with this type of draft.
I didn't think double trade downs were possible! Cool!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know everyone has a boner over the double trade down, but has this ever happened in the first round? Top 10?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I know everyone has a boner over the double trade down, but has this ever happened in the first round? Top 10?
I think Philadelphia did it in 2021, but they also traded up with the Cowboys too. I'm sure there are cleaner examples, but that's recent at least.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
View attachment 25657

Ok with this draft. Think the comp is a little low, but doable. Jalin Hyatt is interesting. Not sure why 2 des, would rather get another online.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
you forgot the rest of the draft... thats unrealistic M8. F- for laziness.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I love when ordinary Joe Blows give their own position rankings.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good question. I think every Bears fan would be thrilled with the notion of having THREE first round draft picks in 2024. Imagine if Fields isn't the guy, we can start over easy peezy. But..if he is...talk about cheap ammunition right as we need to pay Fields. Bears would be in an amazing position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the return on what we get from going from 1 to 4 and 4 to 9 are a little light but would be nice to be able to get two trade downs and collecting picks.

Not everyone hates mocks and who cares about the people that do? Keep em coming.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I think the most likely situation for a double trade is if we first trade with Houston, then maybe Panthers, jets, Tampa trade up with us for the second best QB

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the return on what we get from going from 1 to 4 and 4 to 9 are a little light but would be nice to be able to get two trade downs and collecting picks.

Not everyone hates mocks and who cares about the people that do? Keep em coming.
I think they're relatively realistic if it's a sellers market.
By those standards the Trubisky trade was a steal for the Bears. Not the selection but the trade up part.