Ex-Bears Starter [Greg Olsen] Calls Out Matt Nagy: ‘What the F—‘

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The contract is a disaster. I'd much rather have Kyle fuller or just more cap space.

He tied for 4th in TDs caught for TEs in the league.....disaster is kind of the wrong word.

The contract is so disastrous they kept him for a second year...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so....The Bears didn't want to sign Olsen. They sign Graham the first day of Free Agency
They liked Graham for at the money they paid Graham than what Olsen wanted for the Bears.

yeah, or the bears wanted to wait for FA to see if there were other options but Olsen went and signed in Sea

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That article was written by a moron.

To paraphrase "Even though Graham led the Bears in TDs, Olsen has been the epitome of durability in the NFL"

"let that be a lesson to you Nagy"

That's the dumbest shit I've seen written in a while.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Maybe they didn't have the money for a guy who was unlikely to play 10 games. Maybe they lied. Who cares. They don't owe Greg Olsen anything. Maybe they used him to negotiate with Graham. Are we pretending that teams are supposed to be 100% honest when negotiating with free agents?

Graham had as many TDs last year as Olsen had his last four seasons. If the choice was between Olsen and Graham, the Bears made the right choice. Who the fuck cares if they told Olsen the truth or not?

Agreed. At this point I'd much rather have Graham, especially as a target for Fields in the red zone. Olsen can't stay on the field.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Graham has not missed a single game in 5 years.

Olsen hasn't hasn't played an entire season for the past 4 years.

Graham caught as many TDs last season as Olsen has caught in the last 4 years.

Does anyone want to argue Olsen over Graham at this point? If you do, you're a fucking idiot.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
For me, the annoying thing about Olsen's play was him letting 5'10" 180lb CB's bring him down. Never-mind Olsen was
6'5" and 250lbs + ??

Hell Mike Ditka was only 6-3, 228lb, if ya look at some of his old films, he was breaking tackles and swatting players bigger than him outta the way on the regular. IDK if Olsen should've been traded or not. I just expected more dominance out of him as a TE with his size.

As for the article, Idk why the Bears wasted Olsen's time.

And this why its stupid to try to compare generations across sports. You get people like you that seemingly forget Ditka sized TEs weren't the norm nor were they known for catching passes much at all either.

I believe bamainatlanta >>>> post #23 hits the nail on the head
BTW....Toughness has no generational time-frame.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Olsen was never known for his toughness. And it's a typical Bears move to waste his time

Agreed.

Agreed. At this point I'd much rather have Graham, especially as a target for Fields in the red zone. Olsen can't stay on the field.

Agreed on Graham,
Yes Olsen could catch passes when he was on the field. However.... as mentioned by @bamainatlanta there was a lack of toughness.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The production the Bears win out, you wonder if that money could have been spent better. But Olsen Kmet and Jimmy G, that would have been a nice three headed TE set up. You just use Olsen not as often since he gets hurt a lot.