Ex-Bears that I saw playing for other teams this weekend

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going from memory here...
  • Bryce Callahan, Chargers (got beaten for a couple of key plays by Christian Kirk, but actually had pretty decent coverage on those plays)
  • Akiem Hicks, Tampa Bay (didn't see much of the game last night, but he was a force against the run in the little bit that I did see)
  • Jonathan Bullard, Vikings (didn't notice him much one way or the other)
  • Kahlil Mack, Chargers (saw his sack)
  • Roquan Smith, Baltimore (honestly I only watched the first few minutes of this game and heard him mentioned by Collinsworth)
Did I miss anyone? I think the Bills have a couple of players on their roster I didn't see play this weekend (Isaiah Coulter and Matt Barkley).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
  • Bryce Callahan, Chargers (got beaten for a couple of key plays by Christian Kirk, but actually had pretty decent coverage on those plays)
  • Akiem Hicks, Tampa Bay (didn't see much of the game last night, but he was a force against the run in the little bit that I did see)
  • Roquan Smith, Baltimore (honestly I only watched the first few minutes of this game and heard him mentioned by Collinsworth)
Did I miss anyone? I think the Bills have a couple of players on their roster I didn't see play this weekend (Isaiah Coulter and Matt Barkley).
Duke Shelley had a 'good' season with the Vikings from what I have seen on Twitter. I don't think he had a great game on Sunday tho

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Duke Shelley had a 'good' season with the Vikings from what I have seen on Twitter. I don't think he had a great game on Sunday tho
Agreed he had below average game but he has been solid for the Vikings most of the year. He always struggled to see the field here so we really never knew what we had with them but has proved serviceable for the Vikings.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Roy Robertson Harris (Jaguars) he had a big sack in that game.

Duke Shelley (Vikings)

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Bears players go to other teams to experience success!

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Oh wow, this is handy. I had no idea there were that many.
This is very helpful. It is impressive the number of DTs we've let go and have gone on to contribute elsewhere when we were so desperate for help at the position this year. I get that some of these DTs go back to our 3-4 days but it is baffling how desperate we were and to see this many names still out there contributing.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I smiled after that play.

Its like I get it, its just 1 game. But if your the highest paid ever for your position you better perform like it in the biggest games. He just hasn't done that.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Its like I get it, its just 1 game. But if your the highest paid ever for your position you better perform like it in the biggest games. He just hasn't done that.
Roquan seemed to have a minimal impact with only 3 tackles on the day and a miss on the sack when it was needed. Mack had a 1 sack and 2 tackle day and was unable to apply pressure on Trevor Lawerence when it was most needed in that 2nd half. We'll see if Quinn gets back on the field for the Eagles next week, but the players the Bears got rid of didn't have stellar weekends. The lack of having some talent to help backfill most hurts at this point for the Bears, but I wouldn't say any of the 3 we jettisoned are showing that they had value for the pay they were (or would be for Roquan) taking up on the roster at this point. Now Poles needs to find the right heirs for these positions.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There were quite a few, the ones you mention plus Duke Shelley with the Vikes, Elam a CB for one of the teams, Kriyis Tonga with the Vikes I think and few more if I go look.