Ex. NFL QB and now analyst Dan Orlovski says "you CANNOT win with Mitchell Trubisky".....

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

First of all, Orlovski is a guy who has previously preached 'patience' with Trubisky. Now, he officially thinks that time has passed. Time to move on!

----------- Says you cannot win consistently with a bootleg style QB.

----------- In another interview he questioned Trubs' effort on that 4th down scramble - said he should have dived for it, sold out to get it, and NOT run out of bounds.

Davide

Liked Posts:
After that safety, he CAN'T speak about QB's bad moves, C'MON MAN!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't wait to see what threads you create next season when Trubisky is gone. How will you shift the blame?

Or will you make more threads like, "IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WAY WORSE IF TRUBISKY HAD PLAYED" like you did when Foles + Nagy were failing over and over again?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You definitely can't beat good teams with Trubisky, at least not with any type of consistency.

"We don't have anyone better" is not a reason to stick with a commodity that's proven not to be a valuable asset. If Trubisky isn't the guy, you move on and try to find the guy. Sticking with someone because you can't currently find anything better is how you end up with seven years of Cutler.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sucked playing QB, because his brain couldn't process what he saw on the field. With that said, Im sure he can watch film and see what should be happening,...he made it to the NFL as a QB and was in QB rooms, studying with coaches, etc. I think he is pretty good at what he does(with an annoying voice)

If we can only rely on people who had success as evaluators and "all knowing", then maybe people can ask guys like Jordan why he hasn't had success or why Elway couldn't find a QB.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I really don't understand how Orlovsky has a job or any type of respect as an analyst. He was a s***ty NFL backup QB for a joke of a franchise.

I dont get how he can go on TV everyday and rip others to shred.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He has a job because he's great at gasbagging. He didn't have the talent nor the brain to be a good QB but that doesnt mean he can't watch tape and come to the same conclusions that most of us, average Joes who have never played in the NFL have also said.

ESPN is no longer about quality analysis. It's all performance and outrage and hot takes. Havent watched in years outside of watching games.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised to see him say that considering he was a big fan of his

Sounds like his vision was corrected? Lasik?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's orlos

First of all, Orlovski is a guy who has previously preached 'patience' with Trubisky. Now, he officially thinks that time has passed. Time to move on!

----------- Says you cannot win consistently with a bootleg style QB.

----------- In another interview he questioned Trubs' effort on that 4th down scramble - said he should have dived for it, sold out to get it, and NOT run out of bounds.

It's Orlovsky

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He has a job because he's great at gasbagging. He didn't have the talent nor the brain to be a good QB but that doesnt mean he can't watch tape and come to the same conclusions that most of us, average Joes who have never played in the NFL have also said.

ESPN is no longer about quality analysis. It's all performance and outrage and hot takes. Havent watched in years outside of watching games.
DanO definitely had the brain the being a QB. He just didn’t have the natural ability. If he wasn’t an analyst, he would be a good QB coach. Maybe even an OC someday.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No one outside of the team talks about him in ways that inspire confidence or excitement.

Literally the entire league and their fan bases all think Trubisky's a joke.

I'm reminded of a pre-season Hoge and Jahns podcast where they had Ryan Russillo on, who obviously has that annual ranking of all of the league's quarterbacks while talking anonymously to NFL execs.

He said there are some worse QBs who are technically starters, but I definitely remember him saying that Trubisky is easily seen as the worst long-term starting QB in the league, and Hoge being incensed (and Jahns backing up Hoge, because that's essentially what he does, because he's non-confrontational).

Point being, no one outside of Chicago thinks Trubisky is any good, or even O.K. They all think he sucks.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He should have said “ I know, I’m the same type of Quarterback, you couldn’t win with me either”

he would be applauded for 2-10 record as a starter.
Now that’s a winning quarterback.

Last edited: