Excellent video on what getting Robert Quinn means to our D.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Video is more than one poop long, but things are definitely looking up for the bears d. he makes a good point about playing more nickel, which is what most defenses are going to obviously. I think they will be okay with push starting that strong safety, but an upgrade would be welcome.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I think this move will by far have the biggest impact on the team outside of a stud qb the next two years.

like the man said in the video “a good corner or a stud tackling safety would complete an absolutely stout defense.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Excited for this guy and the huge impact he's gonna have on this team. It definitely was a great move overall

I continue to be frustrated though by this franchise still chasing elite defenses like its still the path to sustained success in 2020

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Video is more than one poop long, but things are definitely looking up for the bears d. he makes a good point about playing more nickel, which is what most defenses are going to obviously. I think they will be okay with push starting that strong safety, but an upgrade would be welcome.

Tony Jefferson said he would be healthy by June/July, I bet you Bears go after him if he passes a physical for pretty cheap.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Quinn is one of the biggest reasons I am a Pollyanna on the 2020 club. Next years defense should be special. Think the 2018 Bears defense with a better pass rush but worse secondary.

Offensively they should be about the same as the 2018 club.

Replacing Parkey with Pinero and adding Patterson should make the special teams better than it was in 2018.

Not sure why people are so down on Pace's off-season all things considered. He significantly upgraded the two most important positions at QB and EDGE and people are down on next years team. I suspect many don't like the Foles and Quinn upgrades because Pace basically admit's that Mitch and Floyd were bad picks.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I could not agree more that bringing in Quinn means that we need a strong safety that capable of coming up and filling the middle short stuff. I don't want a guy that is a BIG hitter, We need a guy that knows how to wrap up and secure the tackle, yes we need another Amos. I am surprised that Tony Jefferson or Eric Reid are not already on the team. Leadership and both are typical Strong Safeties.

Tony might be a harder sell, because of the ACL last year in October, but Reid played the entire season.

I know both will likely end up on a team, so why not the Bears.....

We have nearly no money, but neither guy will be very expensive, both are 28 (older but not on the wrong side of 30).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The difference is they drafted their talent back then. Our dolt has to buy his way into fixing all his mistakes

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
LOL this is a hype video that's all over the damned place. It details some clever buzzwords and playing to the fans' sentimentality by recycling "the good ol' days" with names of old.

It is highly improbable and unfeasible for a team to have 3 proficient pass rushers in 2020. I laugh when they include Akeim Hicks, when he much more valuable run/interior disruptor than pass rusher.

It shows Robert Quinn taking advantage of a lot of bad techniques by opposing OLinemen or QBs on 7 step drops holding onto the ball too damned long, which is a fresh breath of air considering how Leonard Floyd couldn't get past wet cardboard when it blocked him 1 on 1.

But I fail to see how this will put them in company of the 85 bears, purple people eaters, and steel curtain as the video gushes. Average pass rushers should be able to take advantage of bad offensive linemen and they should also eat the QB alive on a 7 step drop when the QB just holds the ball and sits in the pocket like a statue, not looking around.

Then, it comes up with "rule of 3," being about rushing the passer before ending the video saying the bears need a good box safety like Adrian Amos?

If you wanna "meatball" it up where you don't have to hear about fundamentals, this video's for you.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
LOL this is a hype video that's all over the damned place. It details some clever buzzwords and playing to the fans' sentimentality by recycling "the good ol' days" with names of old.

It is highly improbable and unfeasible for a team to have 3 proficient pass rushers in 2020. I laugh when they include Akeim Hicks, when he much more valuable run/interior disruptor than pass rusher.

It shows Robert Quinn taking advantage of a lot of bad techniques by opposing OLinemen or QBs on 7 step drops holding onto the ball too damned long, which is a fresh breath of air considering how Leonard Floyd couldn't get past wet cardboard when it blocked him 1 on 1.

But I fail to see how this will put them in company of the 85 bears, purple people eaters, and steel curtain as the video gushes. Average pass rushers should be able to take advantage of bad offensive linemen and they should also eat the QB alive on a 7 step drop when the QB just holds the ball and sits in the pocket like a statue, not looking around.

Then, it comes up with "rule of 3," being about rushing the passer before ending the video saying the bears need a good box safety like Adrian Amos?

If you wanna "meatball" it up where you don't have to hear about fundamentals, this video's for you.
You actually wrote a couple of paragraphs to be completely wrong on a majority of the things you said.

Interesting...

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
You actually wrote a couple of paragraphs to be completely wrong on a majority of the things you said.

Interesting...

I absolutely love unsubstantiated comebacks from clowns...

Tell me a team that has 3 historically good pass rushers in 2020? Not just good or solid, but historic--because the video drops names of the steel curtain, 85 bears, and vikes of old. You can't, because its not financially feasible to a team. And on top of that, if it were that easy, wouldn't 31 other teams be trying to do that? But I'm wrong...

It then details some of Leonard Floyd's inconsistencies (which were correct) then compares Quinn to a dominant 2 pitch pitcher in baseball before showing clips of Mariano Rivera and Yu Darvish--two guys who are not/were not dominant 2 pitch pitchers. Rivera threw his legendary cutter, Darvish throws 5 pitches. But I'm wrong...

First hype play is against Pats LT Wynn, who decides to go 'hard mode' and block Quinn with his right arm, leaving his left by his side. Doesn't seem like something an OT should do fundamentally but what do I know? Quinn took advantage of it like I said. Show me where I'm wrong?

It then shows him running by Jason Peters who whiffs to put 2 hands on him. Quinn took advantage. But I guess I'm completely wrong there too...as well as the following clip against the saints where the same thing happens after a TE botches trying to chip him. He then punks a backup guard playing left tackle for the Phins after Tunsil was traded by running around him.

I must be wrong there too.

Then the box safety/Adrian Amos part I must be wrong about, because who needs 2 ILBs in a 3-4 defense to protect against a 2 yard pass because the pass rush is legendary?

I can sum up 17 minutes of hype in one sentence. The bears upgrade the edge rusher position by replacing Leonard Floyd with Robert Quinn.

(but I guess I'm wrong there too)...

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh. In the video at 5:01, why didn't the ref who's looking directly at the left tackle pull Quinn's jersey from behind not call holding?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mack, Quinn, Hicks(projected pre-injury) combined would have had more pressures than two entire NFL teams last season.

BEAST.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I could not agree more that bringing in Quinn means that we need a strong safety that capable of coming up and filling the middle short stuff. I don't want a guy that is a BIG hitter, We need a guy that knows how to wrap up and secure the tackle, yes we need another Amos. I am surprised that Tony Jefferson or Eric Reid are not already on the team. Leadership and both are typical Strong Safeties.

Tony might be a harder sell, because of the ACL last year in October, but Reid played the entire season.
Reid is more of a FS and he's been known as a spotty tackler. Likes to blow things up, but not always overly reliable in that area.

I think if the Bears signed Reid it would force Eddie Jackson back to patrolling the box, which is what happened last year with Haha.