Expectations for Velus Jones Jr. this year?

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
If the bears are only a 6-7 win team this year.
They aren't a "6-7 win team this year." They are a 3 to 5 win team. Brutal honesty. You are dreaming if you "expect" the Bears to be "competitive" this year. Pay close attention in week 2. That will show you that your team isn't going to be competitive against the best teams in the league.

#19 jersey sales will start to pick up by late September. Not all, but some seem to not even know he is on the roster. For some, they don't want to say he will be a starter because he was a Packers castoff.

If healthy, look for Luke to have EQ involved in the offense quite a bit. His size, smarts, and knowing what Luke wants to accomplish on offense assures him a key role this season.

HershelBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Purdue Boilermakers
They aren't a "6-7 win team this year." They are a 3 to 5 win team. Brutal honesty. You are dreaming if you "expect" the Bears to be "competitive" this year. Pay close attention in week 2. That will show you that your team isn't going to be competitive against the best teams in the league.
You're using your Packers brain, instead of your actual brain. You can sound like everyone else in your fan base. You can be competitive/stay in games but it may not always translate to wins.

Is that the only game you looked at on the schedule?

Lions were perfect example of this last year: They went (3-13-1) They had 6 other games within reach, that should have won (Including the Rams game, they were ahead most of that game). They remained competitive, even against good teams (Rams, Vikings, Ravens, Cardinals, Packers, Browns).

1656604057167.png

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Is that the only game you looked at on the schedule?
When I say you won't be competitive against the best teams in the league, I mean the Bills and Packers. The Bears do have a fairly easy schedule, but I still had to give them 2 wins against the Lions just to get the Bears to 5 wins.

Could they surprise a bit and beat a team like the Cowboys? Stranger things have happened, but I'd say 31-16 Cowboys if I was asked.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers 10-13 wins
Vikings 8-11 wins
Lions 6-10 wins
Bears 3-7 wins

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Mooney and EQ on the outside and Pringle in the slot. Not sure where some of you douche canoes think Jones is going to get all these snaps. If you were saying he is going to be the starting slot guy, then maybe, but he most likely isn't. If you think he is going to be playing a lot on the outside, then you would be wrong.

Getsy will be using a lot of 11 and 12 personnel. 3 WRs on the field most of the time. Those 40 or so receptions for 500 whatever yards are Pringles.

Wish the 25 yr old rook the best, but he may be 26 before he gets on the grass a lot.

Get a good look at Jones in preseason. See what ya got. I'm not saying Pringle is anything special, cuz he isn't.
Are you seriously crowning St. Brown as a starter? There is a reason he signed a one year deal for less than 1 mil, he’s just depth at the bottom of the roster.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Are you seriously crowning St. Brown as a starter? There is a reason he signed a one year deal for less than 1 mil, he’s just depth at the bottom of the roster.
Watch closely when the pads go on little one. I know more about the Bears offense than you do. I am growing tired of having to school you clowns on your fav team and offensive coordinator.

Luke loves EQ, and he loves the fact that he has a guy that is familiar with the offense he is installing. A guy that can help teach the offense to others. Also, EQ is the only quality WR the Bears have with very good size and speed to play outside.
Screenshot_20220701-043813_(1).png

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch closely when the pads go on little one. I know more about the Bears offense than you do. I am growing tired of having to school you clowns on your fav team and offensive coordinator.

Luke loves EQ, and he loves the fact that he has a guy that is familiar with the offense he is installing. A guy that can help teach the offense to others. Also, EQ is the only quality WR the Bears have with very good size and speed to play outside.
View attachment 20677
Dude, the Bears signed him for just above league minimum. At that price, sure, it’s worth a shot to bring him in to fill out the roster since he already knows the system. But your expectations are way overboard if you think he’s going to be any higher than a #4-#5 WR.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Dude, the Bears signed him for just above league minimum. At that price, sure, it’s worth a shot to bring him in to fill out the roster since he already knows the system. But your expectations are way overboard if you think he’s going to be any higher than a #4-#5 WR.
Luke Getsy runs the offense. He tells the GM what players or type of players he wants. The GM tries to get that for him. The contract size is irrelevant to how much a part of the offense EQ will be.

I am telling you facts, not "expectations." I am not a fan boy with any expectations at all for the Bears. I do know that Luke Getsy thinks EQ is a integral part of the offense.

You can type that he is the #4 or 5 WR in this offense until your fingers are blue. It won't make it true.

Have a nice day.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's should be Mooney, Pringle and Jones but Pringle needs to show outside for that to work. Spent most of his time in the slot at KC and that's where you want Velus. Should work out but I can see Brown getting reps for some long ball pitch and catch with Fields. I suspect that's what Getsy has in mind. Spot use him to stretch the field, 4th guy in on 3rd and long or end zone where his height helps. Should be viable for spot use in the game Fields like to play but I don't see him starting.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luke Getsy runs the offense. He tells the GM what players or type of players he wants. The GM tries to get that for him. The contract size is irrelevant to how much a part of the offense EQ will be.

I am telling you facts, not "expectations." I am not a fan boy with any expectations at all for the Bears. I do know that Luke Getsy thinks EQ is a integral part of the offense.

You can type that he is the #4 or 5 WR in this offense until your fingers are blue. It won't make it true.

Have a nice day.
Maybe you have EQ confused with his brother?

The contract size is irrelevant to how much a part of the offense EQ will be.

it is very relevant to what that FO thinks of him. If they had thought he would be an integral part of this offense, they would have signed him for 2-3 years minimum at a bargain rate. instead they gave him a one year contract worth barely more than a bag of stale donuts. Sure, if Mooney/Pringle/Jones gets hurts, he might see see significant time, but other than that he is rotational/depth at best, and camp fodder at worst.

HershelBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Purdue Boilermakers

it is very relevant to what that FO thinks of him. If they had thought he would be an integral part of this offense, they would have signed him for 2-3 years minimum at a bargain rate. instead they gave him a one year contract worth barely more than a bag of stale donuts. Sure, if Mooney/Pringle/Jones gets hurts, he might see see significant time, but other than that he is rotational/depth at best, and camp fodder at worst.
Nailed it! All of these WRs are on cheap deals, like you said "one year contract worth barely more than a bag of stale donuts." There is a chance that EQ could start opposite of Mooney, not Pringle/or Jones Jr...we still have 25 days still Training Camp to get some of these answers. (Blah)

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:

Who gives a fuck what the front office thinks of EQ? The contract means NOTHING to the coaching staff or to how much of a role EQ will have on the offense this season. Luke Getsy's words and thoughts matter. If healthy EQ will be a integral part of the offense.

You know what is more irrelevant than EQ's contract? A butthurt Lions fan trying to endear himself to Bears fans by spewing clueless bullshit about former Packers castoffs.

Have a nice day Lions fan. Don't bother attempting to try and make yourself relevant by attempting to speak to me again. This is the last attention you will receive from me.

Toodle Loo!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who gives a fuck what the front office thinks of EQ? The contract means NOTHING to the coaching staff or to how much of a role EQ will have on the offense this season. Luke Getsy's words and thoughts matter. If healthy EQ will be a integral part of the offense.

You know what is more irrelevant than EQ's contract? A butthurt Lions fan trying to endear himself to Bears fans by spewing clueless bullshit about former Packers castoffs.

Have a nice day Lions fan. Don't bother attempting to try and make yourself relevant by attempting to speak to me again. This is the last attention you will receive from me.

Toodle Loo!
LMAO, Sad attempt at an Alt.

clueless bullshit about former Packers castoffs.

Career stats

YearTeamRECYDSAVGLNGTDATTYDSAVG
2021Packers99810.92603144.7
2020Packers711716.7241177.0

Yup, starter material here for sure....derp!!

Who gives a fuck what the front office thinks of EQ? The contract means NOTHING to the coaching staff or to how much of a role EQ will have on the offense this season. Luke Getsy's words and thoughts matter.

Well then, I guess the front office doesn't have much confidence in Getsy then do they? Getsy to FO: We need to get this EQ guy, he is a stud, sign him to a multi year deal please.

FO to Getsy: Pound rocks you fool, here he is for the price of a bag of stale donuts. We are quite sure this guys never amounts to anything, let alone make the team. Of course, if he does play well, we will have cost ourselves several millions dollars trying to resign him after this year, when we could have listened to you and signed him to a 3 year deal for peanuts.

Further proof your nothing more than a CCS alt, trying to have a little fun during the slow season.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dazz Newsome? He is irrelevant. He is behind Finke on the depth chart. Dude is saying Jones is ahead of Newsome. Duh! That doesn't make him the starting slot.

Watch when the pads go on in camp. See who is lined up opposite Mooney the most. Getsy wants at least one WR with very good size, and with a good grasp of the offense on the outside. That is EQ. Pringle is primarily a slot WR.

I love how you cats take what local beat writers write as words written in stone, and100% factual. If his opinion is that Pringle will play on the outside and not in the slot, that's wonderful. Doesn't make it true.
It’s Friday, don’t you have some fat chick to molest?

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Jones is going to be heavily involved with this offense.

By the way, his opinion is Mooney, Jones and Pringle are the top three guys. Reading comprehension is a simple skill.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The "not a big message board guy" Packer troll has posted almost every hour since 6AM and isn't even a Bears fan

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The "not a big message board guy" Packer troll has posted almost every hour since 6AM and isn't even a Bears fan
The real funny part is he’s getting absolutely pwned by @nc0gnet0 of all people.

Did a quick search and I can’t find where Getsy said that EQ will definitely play a big role in this offense. Weird. It’s almost like he’s making it up.