Extended time off typically does not help

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it, but having 9 days (longer than normal) to prepare has typically not helped Nagy get the team ready.

I wonder if Nagy gets into his own head during the extended breaks and tries to get too cute. I am hoping that he does not over think and calls a good game against the Packers.

Hope Nagy breaks his own tendency.

mecha

Liked Posts:
We don’t really have a large sample size to make that judgment.

honestly you can only really point to the bye last year. the team sucked before and after the bye this year. so you are correct.

to Nagy's credit he's guided the team through some serious shit like that bogus 3 game stretch last season where they won every game (I think) and like the first time ever a team had to play 2 Thursdays in a row. whoever fucking decided that was a great idea... was actually a genius, with the amount of injuries to key players they have now. rofl

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it, but having 9 days (longer than normal) to prepare has typically not helped Nagy get the team ready.

I wonder if Nagy gets into his own head during the extended breaks and tries to get too cute. I am hoping that he does not over think and calls a good game against the Packers.

Hope Nagy breaks his own tendency.

It helps this week cause the Bears have a lot of banged up bodies.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This team is beat to shit. It helps with that.
and 3 wins in 11 days..right? or 12?
i'd say if they can do that, than much is possible.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They’ll lose to a superior team and this will continue to be a talking point.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
honestly you can only really point to the bye last year. the team sucked before and after the bye this year. so you are correct.

to Nagy's credit he's guided the team through some serious shit like that bogus 3 game stretch last season where they won every game (I think) and like the first time ever a team had to play 2 Thursdays in a row. whoever fucking decided that was a great idea... was actually a genius, with the amount of injuries to key players they have now. rofl

THe issue last year was playing Sunday night before Thursday at 12:30 on Thanksgiving. THAT was the historically short turnaround the Bears had to deal with. It was when Mitch beat the Vikings on Sunday night and then Chase was QB when Eddie Jackson beat the Lions. The long time off after was 10 days and then Nagy laid the stinker in Giants Stadium (correction: Metro something now? fuck it, who cares?)

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
My whole point is that when Nagy has extra time to think about how to approach an opponent he over thinks it.
Both opening day games have been pretty bad and coming off the bye week he has been pretty bad.

AND, the Packers (hate those fuckers)....

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
what do you guys think Nagy is doing right now at this very second

wow i love to think

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
THe issue last year was playing Sunday night before Thursday at 12:30 on Thanksgiving. THAT was the historically short turnaround the Bears had to deal with. It was when Mitch beat the Vikings on Sunday night and then Chase was QB when Eddie Jackson beat the Lions. The long time off after was 10 days and then Nagy laid the stinker in Giants Stadium (correction: Metro something now? fuck it, who cares?)

is Eddie Jackson due for a big game or what? That 2019 breakout is so overdue