Extreme Arrogance of the 49ers Announcers

napo55

Liked Posts:
Living in the SF Bay Area, I hear 49er stuff every day. Leading up to Sunday's game, the sheer arrogance of the experts was pretty disgusting. Even after the game, there was absolutely no credit given to the Bears and Justin Fields.

Tim Ryan, the 49er color guy is the most extreme homer. Ironically, a former Bear, every word that comes out of his mouth is slavish praise (and excuses for Trey Lance) for the Niners. I know they're paid to kiss ass, but enough is enough. So this win was really sweet!

Any other folks have experience with homer anouncers?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Living in the SF Bay Area, I hear 49er stuff every day. Leading up to Sunday's game, the sheer arrogance of the experts was pretty disgusting. Even after the game, there was absolutely no credit given to the Bears and Justin Fields.

Tim Ryan, the 49er color guy is the most extreme homer. Ironically, a former Bear, every word that comes out of his mouth is slavish praise (and excuses for Trey Lance) for the Niners. I know they're paid to kiss ass, but enough is enough. So this win was really sweet!

I live in the land of Paul Allen...so terrible

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's this guy I was listening to that refers to the team he covers as "the beloved". For real, be objective.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is there a name for this complex Bears fans have where they rage over people not giving the Bears credit? The Bears won a game vs a more talented roster with more proven coaching in conditions that should have benefited the other team more. Who gives a fuck what their announcers are saying?

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Were they as down on our WRs and OL as you were or am I misremembering all your complaints about how doomed Fields was because we didn't surround him with enough talent?
So you think we're set at WR and OL after one game in a hurricane or do you think we/Fields needs to get more talent at both positions?

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

napo55

Liked Posts:
Were they as down on our WRs and OL as you were or am I misremembering all your complaints about how doomed Fields was because we didn't surround him with enough talent?
I still think Fields wasn't given the offensive supporthe deserves. Let's see what happens in the next few games, Of course when you make a brilliant play like the opposite field pass to Pettis, anything is possible.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is there a name for this complex Bears fans have where they rage over people not giving the Bears credit? The Bears won a game vs a more talented roster with more proven coaching in conditions that should have benefited the other team more. Who gives a fuck what their announcers are saying?
Persecution complex?

I'll admit that I care a LITTLE bit when national media types shit on the Bears, but that's mostly when they have opinions that are misinformed or flat out wrong. Usually they are all parroting the same narrative.

That mostly comes from a place of "be better at your fucking job" vs being emotionally invested in their hot takes.

If my background, time and livelihood was focused on giving opinions on 32 teams, I'd like to think I'd be better at it than most of those guys. The local beat guys tend to be better, but I guess that makes sense as their focus is much more narrow.

As one isolated example, the whole Cutler "toughness" thing, especially following the NFCCG against GB. Cutler had a lot of flaws, but being a pussy wasn't one of them. If you were actually paying attention and not latching on to the hivemind that was pretty clear. And yet, it's all that was repeated over and over.

But 95% of the time I chalk it up to people just being terrible at their profession and ignore it.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan were awesome together on Moving the Chains. Of course he's a homer now, it goes with the territory of being a team announcer.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan were awesome together on Moving the Chains. Of course he's a homer now, it goes with the territory of being a team announcer.
Ryan is now more extreme in his homerism than any other announcer I've ever heard. Being a team supporter and slavish unending boosterism are different IMO.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Could just find a different way to listen to or watch the game. You living with a tv antenna and am radio?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's not really surprising honestly. If I'm honest, that 49ers defense looked legitimately top 5, and Deebo Samuel and Aiyuk looked fast. I do think the 49ers have more talent, but not for long. Their fans are an arrogant bunch though, and very few fans on their forum can admit that the team across from them played well enough to beat them.

This quote from there made me laugh. Guess we all have a segment of the fan base stuck in the past:
“I miss the days of 1990's Niner football when not only did we know we were better but we stomped people out by 40 points every week.”

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you think we're set at WR and OL after one game in a hurricane or do you think we/Fields needs to get more talent at both positions?

No I think if you are a Bears fan shitting on the talent around Fields then you can't cry if non-Bears fans shit on the team too.

I still think Fields wasn't given the offensive supporthe deserves. Let's see what happens in the next few games, Of course when you make a brilliant play like the opposite field pass to Pettis, anything is possible.

So do those arrogant announcers hence why they aren't giving them credit. If you think this team isn't talented then yesterday was a fluke. Hence why you want to see what happens in the next few games because like those arrogant announcers you don't really believe what you saw yesterday was real.