D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
meyers would be nice but given what he will likely cost i'd pass...poles will likely get mooney extended this offseason, i think claypool, mooney, campbell, jones jr, with a draft pick or two and some depth like harry would be enough.
I don’t think Meyers will be overly expensive. But draft and FA, I’m not seeing where the Bears will have a legit shot at a game breaking number 1. The Bears need a reliable, chain moving receiver. What jumps out about Meyers, is his route running, and that his hands are fucking fast, while still being soft. He also is not afraid to go across the middle, and knows how to protect himself when doing so.

ESB ain’t it. Meyers is. Of all FA receivers, I think he will be the best fit for the Bears, as the offense will have to be a spread the ball around, type passing attack. Meyers will be the best fit for that type of role.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why in the name of God would you resign ESB, and Harry? Pringle and VJJ are still big question marks, but maybe they can start conrtributing. With all that cap space and a full draft . find some decent receivers.

Still young and need guys at backend of roster that know the system. Harry as a 5th or 6th WR and ESB as a guy converting to TE isnt going to make or break Bears.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Meyers will be overly expensive. But draft and FA, I’m not seeing where the Bears will have a legit shot at a game breaking number 1. The Bears need a reliable, chain moving receiver. What jumps out about Meyers, is his route running, and that his hands are fucking fast, while still being soft. He also is not afraid to go across the middle, and knows how to protect himself when doing so.

ESB ain’t it. Meyers is. Of all FA receivers, I think he will be the best fit for the Bears, as the offense will have to be a spread the ball around, type passing attack. Meyers will be the best fit for that type of role.
the 2023 WR FA class is not very strong meaning there will be a lot of overpays simply because there is no better option. upwards of 13 mill is my guess on what he gets in FA.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Still young and need guys at backend of roster that know the system. Harry as a 5th or 6th WR and ESB as a guy converting to TE isnt going to make or break Bears.
Well, they are just roster fillers. Imagine some skilled receivers for Fields to throw to.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see this happen:

LT - Orlando Brown Jr (20M/year)
LG - E. Jenkins (8M/year)
C - Whitehair
RG - T. Jenkins
RT - Yosh Nijman (8M/year)
Backups - Patrick, Borom, Jones

- That would probably be a top 5 Oline in the league and we'd still have almost 100M in cap space. That has the added benefit of weakening Green Bay.
- Then spend some more money to get a solid Weakside LB, CB, Dline.
- Draft top pass rushers, CB, and a stud WR.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

C - Whitehair
RG - T. Jenkins

- That would probably be a top 5 Oline in the league and we'd still have almost 100M in cap space. That has the added benefit of weakening Green Bay.
All those guys will probably get more than that. E. Jenkins will get A LOT more.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
What about Mike McGlinchey (RT), Garrett Bradbury (C), Leighton Vander Esch (LB), and either Daron Payne or Javon Hargraves?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Answers at Center in Free Agency concern me most as the options aren't great and I don't love running with a rookie there. I see an upgrade at RT like McGlinchey or possibly Getsy hits the Green Bay linemen bench again with someone like Nijman. I expect some big splashes on the Dline and LB but I think Poles WR move was Claypool and we'll see him go back to WR in the draft and not in FA.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

C - Whitehair
RG - T. Jenkins

Orlando Brown currently leads the NFL in pressures with 33. That is even more than Braxton Jones' 29 so no thanks.

Nijman has one more pressure than Borom albeit in about 70 more snaps. Still does not appear to be a significant upgrade.

Jenkins has given up 16 pressures playing LT but likely is a much better fit at LG or C so that signing makes sense.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Answers at Center in Free Agency concern me most as the options aren't great and I don't love running with a rookie there. I see an upgrade at RT like McGlinchey or possibly Getsy hits the Green Bay linemen bench again with someone like Nijman. I expect some big splashes on the Dline and LB but I think Poles WR move was Claypool and we'll see him go back to WR in the draft and not in FA.

I'm not so worried about rookie Centers considering the last three highly drafted Centers are very good and starting on both their teams (Kansas City, Pittsburgh and New Orleans).

If he is available in the 3rd : Olusegun Oluwatimi. Rimmington finalist last year and probably going to win it this year. Kid is an absolute stud: hyper athletic, intelligent but also a mauler. He is a day 1 starter at Center in the NFL. However, I could see him going late 2nd.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I'd think payne almost certainly makes it to FA. He's a great player but how much can the skins sink in DL when they also drafted his replacement last year. Bears were lucky Washington didn't trade him at the deadline.
I'd think Cleveland has to decide between pocic and Conklin with their cap limitations.
Philly is going to be tight too, but I'd assume they work hard to bring back Hargreaves (including cutting slay who I wouldn't be mad if the Bears targeted).
Lots of good cbs available. I hope the bears bring in a starter opposite of Johnson and allow vildor to be depth
Payne would be the first FA I would look at.
I would look at Jawaan Taylor at RT. He is having a very good year, and the Jaguars have Walker Little in the wings to take his place.
Another player from Philly to take a look at is TJ Edwards who I don't expect them to re-sign.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Conklin, Jenkins, Payne, Hargrave and Ngouke. That is your core FA acqusitions.

Resign Pringle, Harry, ESB and go with Mooney, Claypool, Pringle, Harry and VJJ at WR. ESB puts on 15-20 pounds to play move TE.

Sign Barkley at RB if you can get him on say a 3 year deal. Re-sign Morrow and get a LB in FA like an Edmunds or even Wuan if he comes to his senses. Get a 2nd CB so Gordon can just focus on nickel.
Not that I especially like PFF, but what do they grade Conklin’s pass protecting?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mitch was gifted a pro-bowl nod because no QBs wanted to go. OBJ’s pro-bowls we’re under different circumstances. He also did it three times.

Teams always overpay in free agency, so I’m not going to pretend like the Bears are going to add a player on a bargain contract.

I’m not against Skoronski. Do you see him as a LT or guard?

I think a lot of what the Bears do in FA will be dependent on where they’re drafting.
You are seriously abbreviating Orlando Brown Jr as OBJ?

Brown is overrated. Good, but overrated and expensive.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The two position groups that I constantly flip flop on is what the Bears should do with the offensive line and the wide receivers.

They have a ton of young (& cheap) talent on the offensive line, all capable of improving by next season. Not signing a FA like Orlando Brown Jr. or Jack Conklin would give the Bears a lot of money to spend elsewhere.

I also flip flop on how to address the receiver position. The FA class is so weak that I’d rather keep the current group then overpay for mediocre talent. It’s still too early to grade out the draft class, but so far, I’m not overly impressed.
The Bears are on pace to give up the most sacks in the league. Somehow people are talking themselves into liking this young group but they’re not doing the job. I do think Braxton Jones has a future but I don’t think it’s a good idea to go in the next year with him as you’re starting left tackle. A lot of people could be an improvement over Borom.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I heard on the SCORE today (or maybe it was yesterday) that Borom has essentially lost the RT job and Reiff is the starter for the remainder of the season. I know he's getting older, but is he a piece they could look to keep at least through next year?