FA 2023

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Payne would be the first FA I would look at.
I would look at Jawaan Taylor at RT. He is having a very good year, and the Jaguars have Walker Little in the wings to take his place.
Another player from Philly to take a look at is TJ Edwards who I don't expect them to re-sign.
Is it really worth spending big dollars on TJ Edwards? Feels like he’s a benefactor of playing behind a stacked defensive line. I’d rather spend it on the OFF & DEF line and draft some LBs in middle rounds.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
2023 NFL Free Agents Tracker

WHO DO YOU SIGN FOR THE DEFENSE

WHO DO YOU SIGN FOR THE OFFENSE

DICUSS

Draft Skoronski

Sign

Garrett Bradbury C
Allen Lazard WR
Will Hernandez G
Mike Gesicki TE

Sheldon Rankins DT
Tremaine Edmunds MLB
Zach Allen DT
Yannick Ngakoue DE
Jonathan Jones CB

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What about this Larry Ogunjobi fellow? I’ve heard that name somewhere before…. ?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Per PFF, Nijman has been the best pass blocker so far out of the FA options at 76.7, followed by Conklin, McGlinchey, and McGary. On the other hand, McGary leads the pack in run blocking at 83.4, followed by McGlinchey, Conklin, and Nijman.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Payne is the guy on whose doorstep you show up at 12:01 on the day FA opens and don't leave until he is smiling and asking how you like your eggs cooked.
???

Are you suggesting that the Bears send ol' George to Payne's house and "do anything" to make sure that Payne is smiling and offering eggs for breakfast after 6 or 7 hours of having a smile on his face?

What a dedicated fan!
george-mccaskey-bears-chairman-10-19-15.png

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Samaje Perine, RB, Bengals
Zach Pascal, WR, Eagles
Josh Oliver, TE, Ravens
Yosh Nijman, OT, Packers
Charles Omenihu, DE, 49ers
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE, Texans
Javon Hargrave, DT, Eagles
Teair Tart, DT, Titans
Bobby Okereke, LB, Colts
Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Raiders

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Is it really worth spending big dollars on TJ Edwards? Feels like he’s a benefactor of playing behind a stacked defensive line. I’d rather spend it on the OFF & DEF line and draft some LBs in middle rounds.
The money is there to do both spend on OL/DL, and still sign a good OLB like Edwards. Exactly what is the market price for a will LB, certainly not as expensive as the contract Smith wanted.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I’d absolutely love to poach Bryce Huff from the Jets and Teair Tart from the Titans.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields is the Ferrari, protect him at all costs. Steal Orlando Brown Jr. away from KC by giving him the contract he wants (& KC failed to do). Then add some more competition at center, guys like Garrett Bradbury and Ethan Pocic should be available.

*Crazy take* Keep the same WR room. I want to see what Claypool looks like with a full training camp. Plus, I’d rather they hold out for Marvin Harrison Jr. next year. He’s 100 % legit (barring no injury).

The Bears defensive line is their greatest weakness. Daron Payne is an obvious target, but not enough to solve the problem. I’d pour a lot of draft capital on upgrading the defensive line. A Payne/Breese duo would be sick.

The Bears still need a lot of help at LB too. A veteran LB like Deion Jones would be a nice fit at a reasonable cost. He’s excellent in coverage. I could see Eberflus pounding on the table for Tremaine Edmonds, but it would depend on the $.

I’d like to see the Bears sign Ashtyn Davis as a backup FS. The guy has struggled with injuries but has all the physical tools you could ask for out of a safety. Give him a year to develop behind Eddie Jackson.
I really like your thinking here, except on Orlando Brown Jr. This is the second team he has been on that has refused to give him the big money he thinks he deserves. There is a reason for that...he is a better guard or RT, and he is not much better that Jones....

Don't be fooled by the name, he is not worth top of the League LT money.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I really like your thinking here, except on Orlando Brown Jr. This is the second team he has been on that has refused to give him the big money he thinks he deserves. There is a reason for that...he is a better guard or RT, and he is not much better that Jones....

Don't be fooled by the name, he is not worth top of the League LT money.
Yes - I’ve soured on OBJ and think McGlinchey should be the target.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has played like a talented rookie. Sometimes he looks great. Sometimes he looks awful. But he certainly doesn’t look like someone you give up on after a year.
Keeping him on the roster as RT or swing and allowing him to develop behind a proven vet starter that isn't old/on their last contract isn't the same as giving up on him. At the end of the day I trust Poles judgement to keep him as the starting LT or not - what choice do I have anyway?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There will be some signings but I highly doubt it will be the spending rampage people in here are looking for. Poles didn't spend the better part of his first year dumping salary only to re-enter salary cap hell in his second year
Agreed, excellent point.