Falcons set to release Vic Beasley

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He isn’t bad he is average.

The pass rush died when Hicks went down. Amazing that losing your 2nd best defensive player effected the defense.

Which is why they shouldn’t pay him 13 mil for next season, as I think most people would agree with. Beasley was just an example of someone who they MIGHT be able to bring in on a cheaper prove it deal. JPP, Kerrigan, both would be good also. But Floyd I think has proven he isn’t a pure pass rusher (and he wasn’t at UGA either).

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
He isn’t bad he is average.

The pass rush died when Hicks went down. Amazing that losing your 2nd best defensive player effected the defense.
Williams wasn't Hicks but he filled in decently while Goldman and Mack still took all the attention. When Mack is facing a 3 on 1 every play, the other side needs to make something happen.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd is significantly better than Vic beasley.

Bilal Nichols is better than Vernon Butler.

The goal is not to make our team worse with crap 1st round busts.

whether Floyd is significantly better than Beasley is a debatable point. And I’m not that big of a fan of Beasley. I get that there are nuances to this position and all positions, but like you said, a team doesn’t get better with crap first round busts, or by paying 13 mil for a pass rusher who averages around 4 sacks per season.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I live in ATL too. Vic sucks, worst than Floyd

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And look at the talent level on the Bears front 7 as opposed to Atlanta's. Floyd should be having a field day out there, but he doesn't.

Beasley plays next to Grady Jarrett Andy has a 1sr round pick rushing opposite him.

His situation is far from bad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
whether Floyd is significantly better than Beasley is a debatable point. And I’m not that big of a fan of Beasley. I get that there are nuances to this position and all positions, but like you said, a team doesn’t get better with crap first round busts, or by paying 13 mil for a pass rusher who averages around 4 sacks per season.

It isn’t debatable.

Both are average pass rushers
Floyd is way better against the run
Floyd is way better in coverage

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Beasley plays next to Grady Jarrett Andy has a 1sr round pick rushing opposite him.

His situation is far from bad.
Let's see, Grady Jarrett Andy and a 1st round pick, or Mack, Hicks and Goldman. Gee, I wonder which one is a LOT better...….

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
It isn’t debatable.

Both are average pass rushers
Floyd is way better against the run
Floyd is way better in coverage

We’ll just agree to disagree. Beasley has flashed more pass rush potential playing out of position in a 4-3. Both are incredibly mediocre, and I’d hope you agree with me that Floyd is nowhere near worth the 13 mil. Beasley is 250 pounds and plays DE in a mostly 4-3 set, with a helluva lot less help than Floyd has on the line IMO. I think he is just playing in the wrong scheme. However, you are right, he hasn’t flashed the ability to contain or cover as a 3-4 OLB either. He isn’t worth even close to 13 mil, just like Floyd isn’t.

On a cheap 1 year prove it deal, I’d give it a shot. He’s better than Lynch.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And look at the talent level on the Bears front 7 as opposed to Atlanta's. Floyd should be having a field day out there, but he doesn't.

THANK YOU FOR FUCKING SAYING THAT!

YEAH WHAT HE SAID!