Falcons set to release Vic Beasley

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’ve seen him discussed in a few threads with different opinions on him. I believe he is a clear upgrade over Floyd. Got 15 sacks in a season, so he can get after the QB. Mack should take attention, so perhaps he can produce where Floyd couldn’t. Beasley is only 250 lbs, and I think playing DE like he did in ATL was a bad scheme fit for him.

On another note, those advocating for Vernon Butler....completely agree. Butler, Goldman and Hicks as the front 3 would be great.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is a one trick pony that limits his team. And his trick isn't that good...

Atlanta fans can't wait to get rid of him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, literally no one in Atalanta is sad to see him leave.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I’ve seen him discussed in a few threads with different opinions on him. I believe he is a clear upgrade over Floyd. Got 15 sacks in a season, so he can get after the QB. Mack should take attention, so perhaps he can produce where Floyd couldn’t. Beasley is only 250 lbs, and I think playing DE like he did in ATL was a bad scheme fit for him.

On another note, those advocating for Vernon Butler....completely agree. Butler, Goldman and Hicks as the front 3 would be great.
Floyd is a much better player. He is not an upgrade.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
He is a one trick pony that limits his team. And his trick isn't that good...

Atlanta fans can't wait to get rid of him.

This. I live in ATL and modo is dead right. He’s got a weak work ethic, lazy, some say.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yeah, literally no one in Atalanta is sad to see him leave.

I live in Atlanta, and yes most people want to see him leave, just like a lot of people in Chicago want to see Floyd leave. I don’t get the one comment that Floyd is a clear upgrade over Beasley. He’s not. Beasley has 37 sacks in 5 seasons, Floyd has 18 in 4, and Beasley didn’t spend two seasons playing opposite of Mack.

Atlanta tried using 250 pound Beasley as a D end in 4-3.

If he comes cheaper than Floyd, I don’t think there’s much of a debate. He gets to the QB a helleva lot more than Floyd does.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I live in Atlanta, and yes most people want to see him leave, just like a lot of people in Chicago want to see Floyd leave. I don’t get the one comment that Floyd is a clear upgrade over Beasley. He’s not. Beasley has 37 sacks in 5 seasons, Floyd has 18 in 4, and Beasley didn’t spend two seasons playing opposite of Mack.

Atlanta tried using 250 pound Beasley as a D end in 4-3.

If he comes cheaper than Floyd, I don’t think there’s much of a debate. He gets to the QB a helleva lot more than Floyd does.
Floyd does other things in coverage that Beasley cannot do. 15.5 of Beasley's sacks came in his 2nd season. Expect to see Floyd's contract extended and another pass rusher brought in as a complimentary piece. Bears desperately need another pass rusher that other than Lynch who did nothing last year.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Floyd does other things in coverage that Beasley cannot do. 15.5 of Beasley's sacks came in his 2nd season. Expect to see Floyd's contract extended and another pass rusher brought in as a complimentary piece. Bears desperately need another pass rusher that other than Lynch who did nothing last year.

I’d be fine with that plan, so long as it’s obviously not at the 13 mil price point. That kind of money for a 4 sack a season guy is insane.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

wrong, Lynch did do something last year, he was the king of jumping off sides......

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don’t get the one comment that Floyd is a clear upgrade over Beasley. He’s not. Beasley has 37 sacks in 5 seasons, Floyd has 18 in 4, and Beasley didn’t spend two seasons playing opposite of Mack.
Seeing that Floyd is better than Beasley, Bear fans are going to cry when he surpasses Beasley's sack numbers on another team. It means he will get at least 20 sacks (37+1 - 18 = 20) in 2020.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

unless mark anderson 2.0 is coming here on the vet minimum, i'd pass, same goes for butler.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If you look short term, he has 13 sacks over the last 2 seasons while Floyd has 7. He is a similar one trick pony with just an outside speed rush.. but he does this better than Floyd.

Certainly worth a look but you likely are going to have a team starving at pass rush that just throws money at him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Beasley got 11 of those 15.5 sacks against UDFA OT's/backup OT's in games when the Falcons were up by 3 scores late. It was an anomaly. He can't rush the passer regardless of his sack totals, doesn't cover well or play the run.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Carolina isn't keeping Butler because he's a bum. No thanks.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If you look short term, he has 13 sacks over the last 2 seasons while Floyd has 7. He is a similar one trick pony with just an outside speed rush.. but he does this better than Floyd.

Certainly worth a look but you likely are going to have a team starving at pass rush that just throws money at him.

Excellent point. Definitely not interested in overpaying him or anyone else. And that includes paying an OLB who isn’t good at rushing the passer 13 mil because he is good in coverage and setting the edge.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd is significantly better than Vic beasley.

Bilal Nichols is better than Vernon Butler.

The goal is not to make our team worse with crap 1st round busts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

In the last 2 years (the extent of @pfref's database), Vic Beasley has 38 QB pressures. In that same time span, Leonard Floyd has 49.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I don't know about Beasley but the Bears definitely need a better pass rusher than Floyd. I don't care if Floyd does other things well while being bad at the thing he is supposed to do.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know about Beasley but the Bears definitely need a better pass rusher than Floyd. I don't care if Floyd does other things well while being bad at the thing he is supposed to do.

He isn’t bad he is average.

The pass rush died when Hicks went down. Amazing that losing your 2nd best defensive player effected the defense.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
In the last 2 years (the extent of @pfref's database), Vic Beasley has 38 QB pressures. In that same time span, Leonard Floyd has 49.
And look at the talent level on the Bears front 7 as opposed to Atlanta's. Floyd should be having a field day out there, but he doesn't.