Fanbase urges Poles to get a real number 1 wide receiver after surprising Friday release

Canth

Liked Posts:

Doing the cut a week into OTAs, right before a holiday weekend, and right before June 1. I guess they have the cap space to take the hit for this season. I don't pretend to be any sort of cap expert, just seemed odd compared to what most teams do for that sort of timing - mainly in regards to the June 1 cut.

Canth

Liked Posts:
And the week into OTA's is - if you were going to likely cut him anyway before June 1, why wait a week into OTAs where he could have gotten hurt and then you are the hook for more?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doing the cut a week into OTAs, right before a holiday weekend, and right before June 1. I guess they have the cap space to take the hit for this season. I don't pretend to be any sort of cap expert, just seemed odd compared to what most teams do for that sort of timing - mainly in regards to the June 1 cut.
They're tanking this season. Just eat the cap now and not worry about it next season.

Here's a good explainer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean he's bound to trend downward soon, but if he'd played all of last season (missed time because of suspension) he was on pace for 120 receptions

This!

I saw him at times last year where his route running, explosiveness, size, ferocity is top 5 in league.

If Murray wasn't fucking around for 5 seconds he is the easiest receiver to deliver to.

Hopkins is the truest of X receivers still. But as you say for how long?

Fields probably isn't his first choice to win now. Miami would be terrifying.
The Jets would be smart.
The Raiders would be terrifying.
San Diego would be smart.
Buffalo would be terrifying.

But Chicago does have money.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nothing about this release was surprising.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Receiver with a large contract on the downside of his career. No one wanted that shit.
I feel like they could have worked out a deal where they'd pay his salary for this season, and get SOME compensation for him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This!

I saw him at times last year where his route running, explosiveness, size, ferocity is top 5 in league.

If Murray wasn't fucking around for 5 seconds he is the easiest receiver to deliver to.

The Jets would be smart.

The Raiders? WTF.

But speaking of the Jets, how in the hell do they all of a sudden have 75 mil in cap space?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This!

The Jets would be smart.

I think he goes for whoever gives the most guarantee money total or whatever team has the best QB for a 1 year deal to parley his contract with, Jets and Chiefs come to mind.Rodgers to Hopkins could be a Brady to Moss connection.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chiefs, Bills both have less than $2.1 million in cap space. I’m sure both as trying to figure out how to make cap space to sign him

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This!

The Jets would be smart.

He’s not going to San Diego, there is no team in San Diego. The Chargers have Allen, Williams and the Rookie.
And he’s definitely not going to the Raiders.

He just said this:

Hopkins told the I Am Athlete podcast earlier this week that he wants stable management, a quarterback who loves the game, and a great defense.

Raiders don’t have stable mgmt and definitely don’t have a defense.

It’s the Jets, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills and probably a dark horse team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s not going to San Diego, there is no team in San Diego. The Chargers have Allen, Williams and the Rookie.
And he’s definitely not going to the Raiders.

He just said this:

Hopkins told the I Am Athlete podcast earlier this week that he wants stable management, a quarterback who loves the game, and a great defense.

Raiders don’t have stable mgmt and definitely don’t have a defense.

It’s the Jets, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills and probably a dark horse team.
Miami.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I like how he said “a QB that loves the game.” Pretty much means he was taking a shot at Murray.

Yeah, it seems work ethic has always been a concern with Murray. Anyone else remember that whole deal about them trying to put a clause into his contract to guarantee a certain amount of time that he had to study the playbook?

While relatively small, he is obviously one hell of an athlete being drafted by both an NFL team and a MLB team. Sometimes with those guys, it came so easily to them at the amateur levels, they never really had to learn the type of work ethic that seems to be required for the Pros.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think he goes for whoever gives the most guarantee money total or whatever team has the best QB for a 1 year deal to parley his contract with, Jets and Chiefs come to mind.Rodgers to Hopkins could be a Brady to Moss connection.
Yeah that would be a nightmare. One of the best fade-passers in the league with a WR who can elevate over everyone with ease. 15 TDs and 15 yards a catch would feel like a lowball in NYJ for Hop.

Personally, were I him, I would try for Jacksonville. He could beat up on a weaker division where the young QB would really benefit from a jump ball, near-guarantee WR. He'll get favored in teh playbook, a likely entry into the playoffs against a weak division, and as they are growing with a legit coach, he could be the difference maker on a team that wins in the playoffs.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Crazy1.jpg

Somebody is WAY out over his skis with this one!!!!!