Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

tumblr_m7i4pk2DJw1qg3kx7.gif

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Expected Fangio to leave but never viewed it as a problem. The talent is already in place. Any old DC will do.

Really? Maybe Mel Tucker is available..miss breaking records for defensive futility? I sure AF don't. Fangs won't be easy to replace. There will be a drop off..

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
This is not just a defensive coordinator leaving. Fangio was head coach of the defense, he had a bigger role as DC than any other DC in the league. Its going to be a monumental change and the team is likely going to need to remake its identity as a more balanced squad.

The pressure on Mitch now is tremendous. Pretty much everything falls on him. Bears could easily go 6-10 next year with the schedule they face. The defense wont be bad but fat chance at getting thirty interceptions and all those crazy three-and-outs again.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
This is not just a defensive coordinator leaving. Fangio was head coach of the defense, he had a bigger role as DC than any other DC in the league. Its going to be a monumental change and the team is likely going to need to remake its identity as a more balanced squad.

Your first statement is WRONG. What makes it any different than McVay, Shannahan, now LeFluer? That is how a defense is ran from a competent D Coordinator. What influence did MM ever have on a Packer D?

The second part of your second statement is correct. This teams identity needs to be more balanced to be a continual contender.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is not just a defensive coordinator leaving. Fangio was head coach of the defense

You literally just defined the definition of "defensive coordinator"

Do you ever type anything that makes sense?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Maybe Mel Tucker is available..miss breaking records for defensive futility? I sure AF don't. Fangs won't be easy to replace. There will be a drop off..

More about the players and their skill level than the Coach in most cases. Now if you had a defense like New England’s that relies more on the system, itself, it could be a problem but such is not the case with the Bears. Another DC might even be more aggressive looking to take full advantage of the players skill level.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Literally the same personnel? Year after year?

Factually inaccurate, be gone thot or there will be noggin kicks.

Minimal turnover just like this Bears defense. Thanks for helping my argument.

Thanks.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Minimal turnover just like this Bears defense. Thanks for helping my argument.

Thanks.

So the personnel wasnt the same then.

Thanks for clarifying.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fangio was a damn good DC. That being said the people playing in the defense made it great. I think they will be ok if the bring in a competent guy.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Please correct the OP as discussed.

Thanks.

I dont see any errors to omit. Please refrain from commenting any further as your thots have added literally nothing to this thread of love and optimism. No idea why you want to see the Bears fail so bad.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I dont see any errors to omit. Please refrain from commenting any further as your thots have added literally nothing to this thread of love and optimism. No idea why you want to see the Bears fail so bad.

He's been so ****ing weird lately.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
No, I'd say the same defense being in a scheme for 3 years is a big deal. Brain farts happen even by talented players when a new scheme and playbook is introduced.

Yea. Like having 10 or 12 guys on the field multiple times in a big game. I don’t like losing Fangio, but defense still could improve

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Yea. Like having 10 or 12 guys on the field multiple times in a big game. I don’t like losing Fangio, but defense still could improve

The 10 man on the field thing...jesus christ get over it.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
Fangio played with the wrong number of guys a lot vs the eagles too. Next guy wont be doing crap like that. Have fun playing 10 on 11 on crucial downs Denver!

Is it the DC's job to ensure all the players are aware of which package needs to be on the field, or some other assistant coach/quality assurance guy?

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
As much as Parkey missing that FG took the life out of all of us, lets not forget that Fangio had two chances to win the game as well. 4th and 2 and his D allows a TD, then his D allows a 2 pt conversion on the very next play. Stop either one and Parkey is a non-story.

I'm good with Fangio going, I want someone here that lets Mack do what he does best, every time I saw him drop into coverage it pissed me off.

Rise

Liked Posts:
As much as Parkey missing that FG took the life out of all of us, lets not forget that Fangio had two chances to win the game as well. 4th and 2 and his D allows a TD, then his D allows a 2 pt conversion on the very next play. Stop either one and Parkey is a non-story.

I'm good with Fangio going, I want someone here that lets Mack do what he does best, every time I saw him drop into coverage it pissed me off.

They stopped the 2 point conversion.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Fangio played with the wrong number of guys a lot vs the eagles too. Next guy wont be doing crap like that. Have fun playing 10 on 11 on crucial downs Denver!

His confidence did walk the line of being 'cocky'...