Fantasy FF is too low on DJ Moore

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is a fantasy football article from Footballguys.

Luke Getsy’s Offensive Scheme​

After joining the Chicago Bears from Green Bay, offensive coordinator Luke Getsy introduced a run-pass option (RPO) heavy scheme that primarily relied on vertical passes and screens. When it comes to RPO plays, Justin Fieldsranked 7th in the league in pass attempts and 21st in play-action pass attempts. Overall, Fields threw the 27th most passes in the league, with 45% of those passes coming from RPO or play-action situations. Comparatively, quarterbacks like Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes II had 35% of their pass attempts from these situations, while Jalen Hurts led the league with 55%. Fields' average intended air yards per attempt of 9.1 ranked him 5th in the league, highlighting the frequency of vertical attacks in the Bears' offensive strategy.

Moore has shown his proficiency in the vertical passing game. Over the past four seasons, he ranks 17th out of 84 qualifying receivers in yards per route run. At the very least, Moore is expected to maintain his role as a deep threat, which has allowed him to consistently remain on the fringes of WR2 territory, even during his statistically weakest season since his rookie year in 2018. Despite the Panthers' low passing volume, Moore received 118 targets, which was the second-lowest in his career. However, it is worth noting that the Bears allocated a significant number of targets (109 combined) to lesser-known receivers like Dante Pettis, Equanimeous St. Brown, Byron Pringle, and Velus Jones.

Moore can break through and exceed a WR21 ADP through the screen game. That is where Getsy's history with Green Bay and Davante Adams comes in.
It’s an interesting perspective that shows that the Bears may have a better offense than the National guys are saying.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What is fantasy FF?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
But seriously, I think Moore is good for 1200+
and 12+.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But seriously, I think Moore is good for 1200+
and 12+.

12+ TD's? Sadly, based on Chicago's history of ineptitude in regards to the passing game and receiving TD's.... I can't put any faith into it until they actually produce on the field.

Fingers crossed this is finally the year, but we say that every year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a fantasy football article from Footballguys.

It’s an interesting perspective that shows that the Bears may have a better offense than the National guys are saying.
I was just looking at the WR rankings for yahoo and they have DJ Moore ranked #21 under guys like A.Cooper, T.Lockett and Nuke who i could see him being better than in fantasy this year but it really comes down to Getsy calling enough pass plays and Fields being able to take that next step in his passing game which are both questionable as of now.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
12+ TD's? Sadly, based on Chicago's history of ineptitude in regards to the passing game and receiving TD's.... I can't put any faith into it until they actually produce on the field.

Fingers crossed this is finally the year, but we say that every year.
I mean you’re right, but it’s gotta happen eventually…right?

I really do think he could put up a Marshall like season if they decide to actually throw the ball.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
I honestly think he's going to have a decent year and Fields is the one who's undervalued. Fields was like QB6-7 last year with trash and is being rated as QB6-7 in rankings now with drastically better weapons.

Moore has more competition for weapons and the Bears run game is still elite so it's unlikely he's going to have a breakout season IMO.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fantasy Football is stupid and it has ruined football discussion.
It’s pretty fun but it does ruin discussions. There are legit people who use FF value to determine how good a player actually is

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
It’s pretty fun but it does ruin discussions. There are legit people who use FF value to determine how good a player actually is
Too man equate fantasy football to actual football, once people can differentiate between the two great discussion can be had using some fantasy metrics if applied in the proper context

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was just looking at the WR rankings for yahoo and they have DJ Moore ranked #21 under guys like A.Cooper, T.Lockett and Nuke who i could see him being better than in fantasy this year but it really comes down to Getsy calling enough pass plays and Fields being able to take that next step in his passing game which are both questionable as of now.
You prohibited a trade of Keenan Allen for Sammy Watkins because you thought it was unfair, and Sammy Watkins proceeded to blow Allen's ass into the dirt that year. You should never be allowed to discuss FF WR rankings again, let alone commission a fantasy football league.

mecha

Liked Posts:
they need to just produce on the field. then the stat wonks can sort it out. I don't track the Panthers at all but from what I've read Moore was pretty good with abysmal trash at quarterback there, so in theory he should be even better with Fields right?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
they need to just produce on the field. then the stat wonks can sort it out. I don't track the Panthers at all but from what I've read Moore was pretty good with abysmal trash at quarterback there, so in theory he should be even better with Fields right?
If he gets the volume...if he gets the same target share as he did in Carolina he would still have roughly 20 targets less than he did in Carolina. I think Fields will improve this year with DJ Moore, I think his passing volume and even his efficiency will go up...but it is still difficult to see 1200+ with 12+ TD's for Moore in this offense as someone else predicted.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's currently a member here who is banned that once made an argument against Charles Leno Jr because of his Madden rating.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There's currently a member here who is banned that once made an argument against Charles Leno Jr because of his Madden rating.
Please don't lump those who play fantasy football (with the exception of @dabears70 ) with someone who would make such a dumb statement

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m more shocked at the fact people still play madden