Farewell Seabrook

Bust

Liked Posts:
Jonny, for the sake of your health, follow Seabs and do the right thing and announce your retirement as well

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My son just texted me and told me. Hell of a career Seabs; loved watching you play. Great team player and one hell of a leader. Never forget the Detroit series when he had to calm Toews down, and had the Game 7 winner

Granada

Liked Posts:
Brent Seabrook announces retirement <--I believe WGN Radio is credible.

Glad he was able to spend his career as a Blackhawk. In my opinion, the bets to wear the #7 in terms of complete on-ice player--especially leadership. Also glad he's not a recapture :).

Hell of a career...

Without a doubt the best #7 of the Blackhawks to ever play.

Kinda sad but think we all saw this coming. He had a great career.

My two favorite memories of Seabs: when he destroyed Daniel Cleary and sent him over the boards in the Winter Classic game (after Cleary had injured Kane in their last game) and when he eliminated Detroit in 2013.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:eek::cry:???

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
MASSIVE amount of money to walk away from,most guys woulda found a way to spend the next three years on LTIR........huge break for SB!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Without a doubt the best #7 of the Blackhawks to ever play.

Kinda sad but think we all saw this coming. He had a great career.

My two favorite memories of Seabs: when he destroyed Daniel Cleary and sent him over the boards in the Winter Classic game (after Cleary had injured Kane in their last game) and when he eliminated Detroit in 2013.
I think we all saw this coming, yes. Still sad.

I agree with your 2 favorite moments: in fact, Seabrook sending Cleary ass-over-teakettle into the bench at the WC is still my lock screen on my computers :). I will add one more: Him calming Toews down in the Detroit series. That act is what skyrockets him from a great D-man for the 'hawks to one of the best leaders we've ever had.

Getting old sucks!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
MASSIVE amount of money to walk away from,most guys woulda found a way to spend the next three years on LTIR........huge break for SB!
I think he's LITRetired and not retired retired.

I also think he's getting that money because of his age, or is the 35 year rule if you are 35 when you sign the contract?

Hell of a fucking player and one of my favorite Hawks. Imo he's not better then Chelly, but a great rep for the number 7 and should be raftered when this pandemic shit stops.

And I'm calling it now, he's a HoFer. He's not first ballot, but he gets in there. Three Cups ain't no joke and three cups as the top pairing guy for the cap era dynasty to go along with some clutch play is nothing to sneeze at.

You earned every dime, Seabs

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Man.. sad.. He's been here forever.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I also think he's getting that money because of his age, or is the 35 year rule if you are 35 when you sign the contract?

Hell of a fucking player and one of my favorite Hawks. Imo he's not better then Chelly, but a great rep for the number 7 and should be raftered when this pandemic shit stops.

And I'm calling it now, he's a HoFer. He's not first ballot, but he gets in there. Three Cups ain't no joke and three cups as the top pairing guy for the cap era dynasty to go along with some clutch play is nothing to sneeze at.

Seabs never went on long term IR and never has been throughout his career and I'm pretty sure he retired,retired. He'll see none of the money due him from this point on.
Totally agree on his play,the miles on the odometer were just to high I guess.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Seabs never went on long term IR and never has been throughout his career and I'm pretty sure he retired,retired. He'll see none of the money due him from this point on.
Totally agree on his play,the miles on the odometer were just to high I guess.
Damn.

That's some fucking balls then.

I don't care how simple the media tried to make it out to be, double hip surgery ain't no joke no matter how simple the procedure was.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
wakey wakey backes.. Legendary stuff
That was the stuff of legend.

Backes resembled the guys when they wake up from the sleeper hold back in the day on old school WWF when Adrian Adonis would rub the guys shoulders then punch him in the back of the head to wake him up.

Love it

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You were correct my friend,CF is now showing him on LTIR......good call!

KBIB

Liked Posts:
You were correct my friend,CF is now showing him on LTIR......good call!
I couldn't see the Hawks not doing everything in their power to honor his contract after the guy pretty much gave up his hips for the team.