UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Dick Gordon.....Pro-Bowl '70 & '71. ...... At WR!!! Believe me....if you don't remember those teams, you truly haven't seen awful Bears' football. What Gordon could of done in this modern game?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dick Gordon.....Pro-Bowl '70 & '71. ...... At WR!!! Believe me....if you don't remember those teams, you truly haven't seen awful Bears' football. What Gordon could of done in this modern game?
Yeah I was like 5 then, and my first exposure to football was a "coach" hitting us with a belt because in the middle of yelling at us for doing the wrong thing he forgot to explain to us what the right thing was (this was at a Catholic school, no less. Maybe predictably?) I hated football from that point until the Bears drafted a running back from Jackson State, and all of Chicagoland was talking about him.

• Wow
Reactions: DC

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Deep threat.......Dick Gordon was a bad azz(y). At one point Dick Gordon and Vince Evans had the highest yards per catch in the NFL. Then our idiot Bear ownership let Dick Gordon go to the CFL :mad:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Airese Currie
The flash was so fast that you knew he was out there but never saw him. Don't get more obscure.

How about Kenny Margerum? Decent possession guy that left his feet too much and got a ding, lost the little speed he had.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harold Edward "Red" Grange. Not so much because he is obscure in his time, but in current time he is obscure and probably the single biggest reason we have an NFL today. He saved football.

czman

Liked Posts:
Brad Muster
Craig Heyward
(free agent trade)

Kieth Jennings, the black toxic avenger

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Harold Edward "Red" Grange. Not so much because he is obscure in his time, but in current time he is obscure and probably the single biggest reason we have an NFL today. He saved football.
Absolutely. However let me "knit pick" here.......I say Papa Bear Halas is the biggest reason because it was his idea, build the foundation and organized the league.............. And in all fairness had some help from "Curly", not Howard, Lambeau..........."Red" Grange w/o a doubt made it popular and brought in the fans. I believe he was from Wheaton, if memory serves me right.