Favorite Obscure Bears Player?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dante Wesley

Just for that one blindside block where he almost killed some dude.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
#49. I remember him having a slow 40 time but surprising football speed. I even vaguely recall him successfully running with #80 from San Francisco in a playoff game.
You're right about him..........more guys should have the heart & soul he played with.........good post!

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Deep threat.......Dick Gordon was a bad azz(y). At one point Dick Gordon and Vince Evans had the highest yards per catch in the NFL. Then our idiot Bear ownership let Dick Gordon go to the CFL :mad:
Let's just say that Papa Bear was a "frugal" Businessman back then..........lol

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

Deep threat.......Dick Gordon was a bad azz(y). At one point Dick Gordon and Vince Evans had the highest yards per catch in the NFL. Then our idiot Bear ownership let Dick Gordon go to the CFL :mad:

Let's just say that Papa Bear was a "frugal" Businessman back then..........lol

Unfortunately....it still seems to be happening on different levels within the org.

seabear

Liked Posts:
Depends on the era but....

Garza was really solid and played a role for a lot of years. He was dependable and good Oline play almost by definition translates well to obscure.

I don't consider Matt Suhey all that obscure but he was excellent in his role.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I remember liking Walt Harris growing up because he played the same position as I did for the Bears and had a pretty decent few seasons with the Bears.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
worthy bump because i love this topic

napo55

Liked Posts:
Andy Livingston, No. 48.

Came to the Bears as a 19 year old out of Phoenis Jr College and was the youngest player ever in the NFL. At 6' 1" 237, he was said to be faster than Gale Sayers and even ran back a kickoff for a TD.. Played very little his first year, 1964, and then had an opportunity in 1965. He averaged 5.8 ypc, and the sky was the limit for this young phenom.

But he tore his knee up his third yearand was never the same . Played four years for the Bears and then a couple of years for NO. You wonder what he could have been if he'd stayed healthy...

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Don't know how obscure he is, but, Corey Wooten, D-lineman who sacked and knocked out Brett Favre. It turned out to be Favre's last snap in the NFL...

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Tony Parrish. He wasn't really recognized playing alongside Mike Brown, but he use to be a heavy hitter at SS and he made some plays too