Favorite prospects not named Anderson or Carter?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think everyone is set on the top two now. Who are your favorite guys in the next tier?

Myles Murphy on paper looks good but read he loafs so maybe not a HITS guy.

Skoronski seems like a safe pick with a high floor.

Bresee has “traits”.

Paris Johnson. Looks the part and has played well at a big school. I’m intrigued.

I prefer J Addison over QJ. But probably not top 7 where they’ll pick.

Any CB’s worthy of going that high?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Skoronski intrigues me the most. He's the best OL prospect in the draft from everything I've read and heard. Some of the draft profiles I have read say he may be better suited on the right side, which could pair well with Jones (given his better play as of late). Some people speculate that he may be better suited at guard though, but the same thing was said about Rashawn Slater.

He's probably only someone they look at in a trade down scenario or if they end up outside the top 5.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Skoronski intrigues me the most. He's the best OL prospect in the draft from everything I've read and heard. Some of the draft profiles I have read say he may be better suited on the right side, which could pair well with Jones (given his better play as of late). Some people speculate that he may be better suited at guard though, but the same thing was said about Rashawn Slater.

He's probably only someone they look at in a trade down scenario or if they end up outside the top 5.

Yeah that’s kinda what I was looking for here. Think we already know who the guys are if they get that top 3 pick.

And yeah, Skoronski definitely interests me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just depends on where the Bears end up and if Poles trades down. DE Isiah Foskey would be a nice consolation prize if they miss out on Anderson. There really isn’t a 3T like Carter, Bresee from Clemson shows some pass rushing skills but gets dominated in the run game.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah that’s kinda what I was looking for here. Think we already know who the guys are if they get that top 3 pick.

And yeah, Skoronski definitely interests me.
I'd also add that if he really does project as a Guard, it would be a pass for me. They would have to trade outside of the top 10 for that to make any sense really. I think the lowest they end up is 7, but most likely top 5. Within the top 5, you go DL, OT or QB. Maybe a WR, but I don't think there is a WR worthy of a top 5 in this draft

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don’t pick someone suited better as a RT or Guard in the top 5 let alone 1st round. It would have to be Paris if we are going LT.
I think if the plan is for him to play RT with Jones at LT, that's okay positional value. If the Bears decides he projects better at Guard you are right

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There are several players that interest me. Keep in mind, a number of these guys are not first round considerations.

Hyatt and Tillman WRs from UT
Zay Flowers WR Boston College
Rome Odunze WR Washington - Every time I watch Washington play, this guy is impacting the game.
Johnston WR TCU (in a trade back)
Addison WR USC

Zach Evans RB Ole Miss
Kendre Miller RB TCU
Gibbs RB Bama

Tyree Wilson Edge Texas Tech - This guy is a productive, athletic stud that can play the run and pressure the QB. He’s excellent now and seems to have a much higher ceiling too.

Oluwatimi C Michigan - anchors a bruising Michigan ground game

Jack Campbell LB Iowa - Meet Jack Sanborn 2.0

Skoronski OT Northwestern - plug him in at RT if they don’t like Leatherwood or move Leatherwood to LG. You could play him at LG if Leatherwood is the RT of the future.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don’t pick someone suited better as a RT or Guard in the top 5 let alone 1st round. It would have to be Paris if we are going LT.

I mean there’s RT’s that were top 10 picks. Not sure I agree with this. Don’t the Eagles have a 7th rounder at LT and the 4th overall pick at RT?

Whatever happens just get a guy that’s going to be a key piece for the next 10 years. That’s most important to me.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are several players that interest me. Keep in mind, a number of these guys are not first round considerations.

Hyatt and Tillman WRs from UT
Zay Flowers WR Boston College
Rome Odunze WR Washington - Every time I watch Washington play, this guy is impacting the game.
Johnston WR TCU (in a trade back)
Addison WR USC

Zach Evans RB Ole Miss
Kendre Miller RB TCU
Gibbs RB Bama

Tyree Wilson Edge Texas Tech - This guy is a productive, athletic stud that can play the run and pressure the QB. He’s excellent now and seems to have a much higher ceiling too.

Oluwatimi C Michigan - anchors a bruising Michigan ground game

Jack Campbell LB Iowa - Meet Jack Sanborn 2.0

Skoronski OT Northwestern - plug him in at RT if they don’t like Leatherwood or move Leatherwood to LG. You could play him at LG if Leatherwood is the RT of the future.
Can never go wrong with a LB named Jack Campbell. Great player. Think he will struggle in coverage at the NFL level though

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would like to say skoronski but if they land a rt in fa and believe in jones prob a pass on that. Focus should be dline and oline but wr should also be an option. I like Addison but not in top five.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know enough about college prospects to comment on specific players, but I would say that if they can pick up a quality DE with their second pick it would be a smart move. The progress of Jones makes me believe that they can add another OT in free agency or later in the draft to play RT. I just believe that the defensive line needs the most help right now.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I mean, that makes sense. But there's exceptions to all rules. Lane Johnson was a top 5 pick, has played RT his whole career and been the best in the league. Tristan Wirfs played RT all thru college and so far in the NFL, picked 13th. Again, an elite RT in this league. Ryan Ramczyk, also a 1st rounder, but later. Jack Conklin another that was picked in the 1st.

Those are literally the best 4 RTs in the league, and elite OTs in general. All 1st round picks. My point being, don't turn down a good lineman because they don't play the valuable LT position. The key is to get good linemen in general. Nobody will care if you spend a 1st round pick on a RT if he's one of the best at his job.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Jordan Addison, Skoronski.

I think Hyatt will go 1st round with his production and what he'll do at the combine.

Wells Jr. (WR, South Carolina) I think could be a nice late round pick. He's had a really nice season with rattler as his qb

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Can never go wrong with a LB named Jack Campbell. Great player. Think he will struggle in coverage at the NFL level though
Instincts just like Sanborn… He’s a football player and smart.