Favorite prospects not named Anderson or Carter?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I literally don't like anyone else if the Bears stay in the top 5. I can't even come up with a 5th best player that I'd be comfortable taking at 5, after Young, Stroud (who they won't take), Carter, and Anderson.

Bresee- doesn't impress me. Good, not great athlete. More of a big motor guy instead of a guy with elite traits, IMO
Skoronski- like has been said, high floor, maybe not an elite ceiling. But that may be fine for OL, if he can stay at OT
Murphy- looks the part, but gives me Clowney vibes. You draft him top 5, you're expecting elite pass rushing potential, but he's a run defender over all else
Johnston- he's probably who I'd have 5 right now, elite potential, reminds me of Tee Higgins. Most likely in this draft to be a true alpha, but doesn't have elite hands or route running
Addison- most likely to produce at the NFL level, but can he be a #1 WR at 175lbs?
Tyree Wilson- again looks the part, freakishly long arms, has a ton of pressures, but doesn't have elite burst
Paris Johnson- don't love him, 1 year as a starter at OT. Looks the part, but previously a guard. Needs a lot of work, IMO.
Cam Smith- best CB, could argue he's 5th best pick, but I just can't stomach 3 earliest picks all used on DBs in 2 years.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking one of these guys at like picks 8-10 instead of top 5. And I'd have Bresee and Johnson more in the 15th pick range.
Pretty much agree with all this. I would add that I think talent wise Bijan is right there with the top 2, he's just an RB.

I think Foskey has the potential to be a top 5 type guy but still a bit raw. Also love what I've seen from Joey Porter.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be shocked if JSN is there in the 2nd.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Deuce Vaughn would be an interesting late rd pick at RB (if he enters the NFL Draft). Small RB but would fit in that Sproles, Cohen type role. Would be a mismatch for defenses and fits perfectly with Fields.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Skoronski intrigues me the most. He's the best OL prospect in the draft from everything I've read and heard. Some of the draft profiles I have read say he may be better suited on the right side, which could pair well with Jones (given his better play as of late). Some people speculate that he may be better suited at guard though, but the same thing was said about Rashawn Slater.

He's probably only someone they look at in a trade down scenario or if they end up outside the top 5.
It's strange to me. Every year I (briefly) read scouting on the the top OTs hoping CHI will draft a good one, and it always feels like they all are "better suited to play RT".

It's so hard to find a good LT prospect these days.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Think everyone is set on the top two now. Who are your favorite guys in the next tier?

Myles Murphy on paper looks good but read he loafs so maybe not a HITS guy.

Skoronski seems like a safe pick with a high floor.

Bresee has “traits”.

Paris Johnson. Looks the part and has played well at a big school. I’m intrigued.

I prefer J Addison over QJ. But probably not top 7 where they’ll pick.

Any CB’s worthy of going that high?
Kellee Ringo.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah if we end up with the 5th pick then i'm really all for trading down, if i can't get W.Anderson or J.Carter then that's an easy choice. If we can do that and get back a nice haul then i'd be good with going BPA at that point and now that we added one or two high picks and some mid round picks with that trade down.

So say we're now picking mid 1st round and going BPA then i'm now looking at:
WR
J.Addison
Q.Johnston
Jaxon Smith Njigba---if Poles and crew are good with taking him 1st round.

OL
Paris Johnson Jr
Broderick Jones

DE
Tyree Wilson
Isaiah Foskey

DL
Bryan Bresee

CB
Joey Porter Jr--love this kid
Cam Smith
I'd love to come out of the first 2 rounds with a WR, OL and a DE.

I think I'd prefer Smith-Njigba because of the slight familiarity with Fields. I don't think he would require a top 10 pick either. Of course, that makes him tougher to get unless the Bears trade down further than I'd like or can get enough picks to move back up to get him. I do like Zay Flowers as well. More of a Round 2 guy, but again don't know if he makes it to the Ravens pick.

An OL I really like that's not being talked about much is Anton Harrison from Oklahoma. He might be more of an early-to-mid 2nd round pick because he won't wow you with his athleticism, but he has very good feet and a low key good anchor from what I've seen. Has started for 2+ years and Oklahoma has put out some pretty good linemen over the years.

At DE, there's a lot of guys I really like which makes me more willing to trade down than even take Anderson if we have a shot. Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Jared Verse, BJ Ojulari, and Andre Carter are all intriguing athletes with great length and big upside as pass rushers. I expect Ojulari goes first of this group, but the other 3 could be mid-to-late 2nd round picks.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It's strange to me. Every year I (briefly) read scouting on the the top OTs hoping CHI will draft a good one, and it always feels like they all are "better suited to play RT".

It's so hard to find a good LT prospect these days.
Hopefully Bears are developing one.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be shocked if JSN is there in the 2nd.

There is a chance he slips out of the first if the hammy is still lingering during the pre draft process.

Issue is, even if he magically drops to the late first/early 2nd, bears have like the 56th pick or some crap

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m praying Cedric Tillman gets slighted and falls to the bears in the 2nd or 3rd round

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Pretty much agree with all this. I would add that I think talent wise Bijan is right there with the top 2, he's just an RB.

I think Foskey has the potential to be a top 5 type guy but still a bit raw. Also love what I've seen from Joey Porter.
Yeah, Bijan is definitely one of the 5 most talented in this draft. I don't think another RB will ever go top 5. He's every bit as talented as Saquon though, who went 2.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
There are several players that interest me. Keep in mind, a number of these guys are not first round considerations.

Hyatt and Tillman WRs from UT
Zay Flowers WR Boston College
Rome Odunze WR Washington - Every time I watch Washington play, this guy is impacting the game.
Johnston WR TCU (in a trade back)
Addison WR USC

Zach Evans RB Ole Miss
Kendre Miller RB TCU
Gibbs RB Bama

Tyree Wilson Edge Texas Tech - This guy is a productive, athletic stud that can play the run and pressure the QB. He’s excellent now and seems to have a much higher ceiling too.

Oluwatimi C Michigan - anchors a bruising Michigan ground game

Jack Campbell LB Iowa - Meet Jack Sanborn 2.0

Skoronski OT Northwestern - plug him in at RT if they don’t like Leatherwood or move Leatherwood to LG. You could play him at LG if Leatherwood is the RT of the future.
I would love to get Jack Campbell. The young man is athletic, smart and a great leader [was just awarded the Campbell Trophy (no, not named after him ;~) for his athletic, academic and leadership excellence].

My question is where would he play in Flus' scheme? He's bigger than Sanborn (6'5" 246 v 6'2" 234) and faster, too. Would he take over eventually at the Mike, or use that size and range elsewhere?

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Skronski for sure, if you don't add Conklin in FA. He will either be a good tackle, or an elite guard. Can't go wrong with him, IMO.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Ok ok, suppose we are stuck at pick 5 and nobody wants to trade for our pick. Anderson, Carter and two QBs are off the board.

If poles makes serious and significant upgrades on the OL in free agency (and presuming Montgomery is not resigned) my favorite prospect has to be Bijan Robinson. He looks to be a great prospect that would fit what this offense can do now like a glove. With significant upgrades on the line in place and another season together for Fields and Mooney+Claypool+Harry, I'd like to see a premier, every down-and-distance RB on a rookie contract.

msadows

Liked Posts:
My guy with the ravens 2nd rounder is John Michael Schmitz - Center - Minny

Local product, big and strong just like tev

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My guy with the ravens 2nd rounder is John Michael Schmitz - Center - Minny

Local product, big and strong just like tev
I think an argument can be made that drafting a center who can sit there for the next 12 years is the biggest need on the oline right now.

It ain't Sammy, and it ain't Patrick.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I would love to get Jack Campbell. The young man is athletic, smart and a great leader [was just awarded the Campbell Trophy (no, not named after him ;~) for his athletic, academic and leadership excellence].

My question is where would he play in Flus' scheme? He's bigger than Sanborn (6'5" 246 v 6'2" 234) and faster, too. Would he take over eventually at the Mike, or use that size and range elsewhere?
I think a lot of people seem to think Sanborn has been playing Mike LB, but he's actually been the WILL. He took over for Roquan. They did not change Morrow's position. It can be difficult to tell because they play a lot of nickel (2 LBs) and the Will is often closest to the middle of the formation because of this, but an easy way to tell is simply looking at the tackle numbers the last 4 weeks. Sanborn's tackles are higher because he is the Will LB. This defense is designed for the Will to make the most tackles, unless the Mike is a HOF level talent like Brian Urlacher.

But yeah, Campbell would be the Mike. I do worry about having 2 white starting LBs though. Are we in the 70s?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
@Wild_x_Card are you the one that was talking about the DT from Pittsburgh? What are his projections?
Yeah, Calijah Kancey. I'm still trying to figure what his projections are. I don't trust any online source as of now when it comes to him specifically. Because of his size and that he's a 3-tech only. But my feeling is that he will be a better pro football player then alot of people taken in front of him.

I want to see him at the combine. To me he looks like a DT that can run in the 4.7s and possibly smoke all of the explosion and cone drills.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ok ok, suppose we are stuck at pick 5 and nobody wants to trade for our pick. Anderson, Carter and two QBs are off the board.

If poles makes serious and significant upgrades on the OL in free agency (and presuming Montgomery is not resigned) my favorite prospect has to be Bijan Robinson. He looks to be a great prospect that would fit what this offense can do now like a glove. With significant upgrades on the line in place and another season together for Fields and Mooney+Claypool+Harry, I'd like to see a premier, every down-and-distance RB on a rookie contract.
Man it's so tough taking a RB that high but if any RB is worth it it's Bijan. The dude is an absolute stud but that's still real tough for me especially knowing the contract it'll take to keep him after 4/5 years if he is that guy everyone is expecting him to be. I would think the FO would pretty much feel like they have to keep the kid and pay him after spending a top 5 pick on him. Paying a RB that much can really hurt your cap.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You need to have espn+ to read this article but it's got some good stuff in it from M.Kiper, T.McShay, M.Miller and J.Reid all about what they think of multiple positions in this draft. I'd post it but not sure what all i can post from the article without getting CCS in trouble.