Favorite prospects not named Anderson or Carter?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You can easily make the argument that a RB is worth a 1st.

Can you make the argument that a RB is worth a top 5 pick when you consider the Bears are the #1 rushing team, the depth of the FA RB class, the overall ease in which the position can be filled, and the bigger more glaring needs of the team? I don’t think you can make that argument.
Well yes, actually I can. I just have to presuppose things, like other needs being taken care off with the bags of money that Poles is required to spend. If the team picks up the top FA offensive and defensive linemen, which is financially the best thing they can do right now, and the best pass rushers are off the board (which is the premise of this topic), then you get the best playmaker in the draft and dont look back.

As you and I both agree, getting a rookie running back on a cheap contract that can produce like the top RBs is certainly a good investment. The question becomes "is it wasteful?" It is only wasteful when other needs are not met with quality starters. If this team were interested in bringing in a free agent, they can just pay Montgomery (and face all the whines about signing runningbacks to second contracts).

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There are several players that interest me. Keep in mind, a number of these guys are not first round considerations.

Hyatt and Tillman WRs from UT
Zay Flowers WR Boston College
Rome Odunze WR Washington - Every time I watch Washington play, this guy is impacting the game.
Johnston WR TCU (in a trade back)
Addison WR USC

Zach Evans RB Ole Miss
Kendre Miller RB TCU
Gibbs RB Bama

Tyree Wilson Edge Texas Tech - This guy is a productive, athletic stud that can play the run and pressure the QB. He’s excellent now and seems to have a much higher ceiling too.

Oluwatimi C Michigan - anchors a bruising Michigan ground game

Jack Campbell LB Iowa - Meet Jack Sanborn 2.0

Skoronski OT Northwestern - plug him in at RT if they don’t like Leatherwood or move Leatherwood to LG. You could play him at LG if Leatherwood is the RT of the future.
What do we consider that next tier? Guys not being projected in the top 4-5 or something more 15-40 range??

But im with GAYthrough2001

Hyatt, Wilson and Skoronski are 3 i would look at different levels of a trade down. I know the Clown Sergeant @Chicagosports89 like him some Hyatt.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Gonna show my bias here but Trey Palmer from Nebraska as a day 2, early day 3 pick at WR is who I really like. Fast AF, has great hands and was the only reliable weapon Nebraska had all last season. Just seemed to find a way to get open regardless of who was playing QB. He seems like a perfect deep ball guy to pair up with Fields.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's not for everybody. Honestly, I think that Robinson would fit what this offense wants to accomplish like a glove.

There may be a lot of effective RBs, but in retrospect, do you think the Panthers regret drafting McCaffrey? I think that having a dominant running back that can be in the game for every play in the playbook (given an improved OL through FA, including at least RT and C) is well worth a first round pick.
The fit is great, i mean i don't think there's many, if any, schemes he wouldn't fit and i'd love to have him and wouldn't be on here hating it if we did pick him. My only gripe is how easy it is to find RB's and taking one so high with so many other huge needs that we have.

I'm not against it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What do we consider that next tier? Guys not being projected in the top 4-5 or something more 15-40 range??

But im with GAYthrough2001

Hyatt, Wilson and Skoronski are 3 i would look at different levels of a trade down. I know the Clown Sergeant @Chicagosports89 like him some Hyatt.
Gaythrough? I suggest some time with @jive to smoke a little weed and calm yourself.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think everyone is set on the top two now. Who are your favorite guys in the next tier?

Myles Murphy on paper looks good but read he loafs so maybe not a HITS guy.

Skoronski seems like a safe pick with a high floor.

Bresee has “traits”.

Paris Johnson. Looks the part and has played well at a big school. I’m intrigued.

I prefer J Addison over QJ. But probably not top 7 where they’ll pick.

Any CB’s worthy of going that high?
Myles Murphy is my #3 and it isn't close.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gonna show my bias here but Trey Palmer from Nebraska as a day 2, early day 3 pick at WR is who I really like. Fast AF, has great hands and was the only reliable weapon Nebraska had all last season. Just seemed to find a way to get open regardless of who was playing QB. He seems like a perfect deep ball guy to pair up with Fields.

You from Nebraska?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'd also add that if he really does project as a Guard, it would be a pass for me. They would have to trade outside of the top 10 for that to make any sense really. I think the lowest they end up is 7, but most likely top 5. Within the top 5, you go DL, OT or QB. Maybe a WR, but I don't think there is a WR worthy of a top 5 in this draft
If they wind down at the 10-15 range I'd take a WR, either Thornton or Addison.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Isn’t the LT from penn state considered the best LT prospect in the draft?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Well, why not go in with the open mind that you have a possible stud RB for up to five years, and let someone else pay him? If we're talking about this team being competitive sooner rather than later, and Robinson is the stud he looks to be, then investing a first rounder in an RB that is objectively worth a first round pick sounds to me like a great investment.
He can run the route tree and catch the ball as well. Just hope he isn't like the last Texas guy we picked.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I hope he is and that we get him, what a steal, you can't guard the guy and YAC is insane.
If the Bears still had their own 2nd rd pick, he'd probably be available. I don't think he'll last to the pick they kept unfortunately.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well yes, actually I can. I just have to presuppose things, like other needs being taken care off with the bags of money that Poles is required to spend. If the team picks up the top FA offensive and defensive linemen, which is financially the best thing they can do right now, and the best pass rushers are off the board (which is the premise of this topic), then you get the best playmaker in the draft and dont look back.

As you and I both agree, getting a rookie running back on a cheap contract that can produce like the top RBs is certainly a good investment. The question becomes "is it wasteful?" It is only wasteful when other needs are not met with quality starters. If this team were interested in bringing in a free agent, they can just pay Montgomery (and face all the whines about signing runningbacks to second contracts).

One of the deepest positions in FA is RB. Also historically easiest to fill throughout the draft. One of the weakest in FA and also one of the bears biggest needs is WR. If bears are going offense in round 1, picking a RB over WR would be pretty crazy. They should be in position to have their pick of the litter at WR even if they trade down. Herbert has one of the best, if not the best YPC of all RBs. They do not need to invest a top 10ish pick on a RB and I’d wager a good chunk of money that Poles doesn’t draft a RB with his first ever 1st round pick selection

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Im calm. Just doing my best impression of a certain crazy poster here with a habit of doing lame name changes. I didnt think you would take it seriously.
I didn’t. I’m just fucking around.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Skoronski, probably. Guy is rock solid and will be a fixture on any OL for a decade with a Pro Bowl ceiling and a very high floor.

Yeah, LT is more valuable for most QBs but pressure can come from anywhere via stunts, mismatches, etc. Look how their interior OL gets blown up constantly, which absolutely destroys a lot of the plays and plays they can possibly call.

It would be nice to have more than one or two average to above-average OLmen for a change.