Favorite prospects not named Anderson or Carter?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t know… seems like one of the safest picks in the draft to me. Consensus 5 star outa HS. Plays well at guard entire sophomore year. Plays well at LT entire junior year. He’s always looked the part, and played great for two years at a big time program. To me he looks like a plug and play OL for the next ten years. If Jones has LT down put him at RT. Just seems like a boring, safe pick… the type the Bears usually don’t make.

I got you. I think Skoronski is the safe pick. I think Johnson is more upside that safe right now. And he's a fine pick, I just question it in the top 10. I think there's more value in guys like Jaelyn Duncan or Anton Harrison if you can get them later (probably have to have an early to mid 2nd though). And he does have the upside to justify top 10. So, I wouldn't hate the pick at all, just scares me a little.
This thread is all very subjective because we don't know where the Bears end up. Most likely top 5, but trade down will obviously be in the cards. So if they traded out of the top 10, but picked up an extra first, Paris seems like a good pick. But I agree with Rawdawg, inside the top 10 might be a stretch at this point. Skoronski is the guy you want inside the top 10, imo

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This thread is all very subjective because we don't know where the Bears end up. Most likely top 5, but trade down will obviously be in the cards. So if they traded out of the top 10, but picked up an extra first, Paris seems like a good pick. But I agree with Rawdawg, inside the top 10 might be a stretch at this point. Skoronski is the guy you want inside the top 10, imo
Skoronski and PJ would both be top 10 for me right now.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
First of all, they put up 30 points 4 times this season (counting a game w/ 29). They are still 19th in points scored. Even taking out the Siemien start, they still only average 21.67 with Fields. So, yeah, not anywhere close to 30ppg.

Secondly, do you think it's sustainable to put up 30 points per game when you can't execute a simple dropback pass because there is pressure in the QB's face in 2.5 seconds or because WRs aren't getting open? Sure they held up vs GB this week, but just the week before they allowed 5 pressures on 8 drop backs with Trevor Siemien getting rid of the ball in 2.3 seconds.

Third, we've seen Tua, Hurts, Allen, etc. take off when their teams added a stud WR. We've seen stud OLs make guys like Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett look like solid QBs. I know they aren't getting both a stud WR and stud OL, but they need talent there. And a lot of it. I didn't say you said to spend all capital on D. But you are suggesting to spend ALL 4 of the only top 60 picks Poles has (last year and this coming year) on defense.

Support your QB for once.

Draft after Fields- Brisker, Gordon. Now you want DT and DE first 2 picks, granted did get Jenkins in 2nd
Draft after Trubisky- Roquan, granted did get Daniels and Miller in 2nd, then didn't have another pick til 3rd
Draft after Cutler- granted no 1sts or 2nds but Gilbert, Wootton, Major Wright, McClellin and Kyle Fuller were some of their early picks after having Jay.
You know what bro....I can see this point...i feel you on this

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Penn States Olumuyiwa Fashanu is by far the best tackle in college football, Peter Skoronski has nothing on him but it looks like he'll return to Penn State for another year.

My rankings for non QB...

1. Will Anderson
2. Jalen Carter
3. Bryan Bresee
4. Myles Murphy
5. Quentin Johnson
6. Peter Skoronski
7. Cam Smith
8. Jordan Addison
9. Nolan Smith
10. Ringo

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Penn States Olumuyiwa Fashanu is by far the best tackle in college football, Peter Skoronski has nothing on him but it looks like he'll return to Penn State for another year.

My rankings for non QB...

1. Will Anderson
2. Jalen Carter
3. Bryan Bresee
4. Myles Murphy
5. Quentin Johnson
6. Peter Skoronski
7. Cam Smith
8. Jordan Addison
9. Nolan Smith
10. Ringo
Fashanu has all the tools to be the best and has been really good at a really young age, but I disagree and think skoronski has actually performed better

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fashanu has all the tools to be the best and has been really good at a really young age, but I disagree and think skoronski has actually performed better

Skoronski is good and more polished but he's not a left tackle in the NFL he's a guard or a right tackle. Skoronski doesn't have elite size and he's nothing special athletically as he struggles with quick defenders. He's a guy that has an insane grip and really strong upper body that will man handle you and get into a dog fight just don't ask him to be moving vertically and horizontally.

Olumuyiwa Fashanu is only 19 years old but has physical tools and elite size that just can't be coached and Skoronski lacks.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Fashanu has elite traits. I could see him being as good as the top OTs that have come out the last 5 years. Super athletic, vines for arms, strong anchor. Needs to work on his punch, but every OT in college football does. But he's run to the podium in the top 5 good. I really wish he would change his mind and come out.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Havent read through this thread yet, but if Bears dont get Anderson with their FRP I love Andre Carter II and Zach Harrison as a high ceiling development prospects in later rounds.

Last edited:

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
ya Olu Fashanu would have been the perfect name here but he i going back to school :mad:

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
OL is such a meh pick in top 5. Give me an exciting skill position player.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nathaniel Dell WR Houston

The only wideout in the top tier to go over 1000 yds receiving and double digit TDS (12 and 15) in consecutive seasons.

To me this means
He is not a flash in the pan
Didnt "just develop and have one great season)
consistency

Downside is a little dude. 5ft 10.

I still think he is cant miss in a trade back scenario if Robinson isnt there.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Zay Flowers in the 2nd. Undersized but could be the dependable possession WR Mooney hasn't really turned into plus how healthy will Mooney be at the start of next year?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I just don't see any way Poles uses a primo pick on an offensive lineman. At this point, with how our pick is looking, it's "big haul for a trade down", Carter/Anderson or bust. The chips need to fall just right for that massive trade-down, so I'm going keeps my fingers crossed for a top 3 pick which should be enough to get us one of Anderson/Carter as you figure at least one QB is going to be picked in the top 2.
I think anyone suggesting an OL in the first is if they do trade down. Nobody is suggesting an OL at #2 or 3.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Gonna show my bias here but Trey Palmer from Nebraska as a day 2, early day 3 pick at WR is who I really like. Fast AF, has great hands and was the only reliable weapon Nebraska had all last season. Just seemed to find a way to get open regardless of who was playing QB. He seems like a perfect deep ball guy to pair up with Fields.
I will show my bias here and say the only Nebraska game I watched this year was vs. Illinois, so I haven't seen Trey Palmer catch a pass. But I have heard good things.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I will show my bias here and say the only Nebraska game I watched this year was vs. Illinois, so I haven't seen Trey Palmer catch a pass. But I have heard good things.
He did catch 1 pass.. for 1 yard lol. But yeah, that game was rough. Illinois had a great defense and once Nebraska's starting QB got hurt, it was a guaranteed game over. The backup QBs are probably NAIA level QBs and even that may be too high of a level for them. They sucked. That said, the Illinois CB who covered Trey that game was absolutely incredible and I'd love to have a guy like that on my team.