Feleipe Franks

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is a guy that I really didn’t watch until this video.

This guy was like, I hadn’t even heard of him before I saw him.

My take’s been a big dude with a big arm and very little touch.

fwiw, I mocked him to the Steelers in the second, but, if we grab him in the 5th or later, and haven’t grabbed a qb yet, I’m not upset.

Just remember guys, the top 5 Qbs aren’t getting past Detroit, let alone Denver.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was bad in Miami and not much better after transferring to Arkansas.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
No. Please no. If you are upset with Trubisky's processing, don't get near Franks. Imagine Trubisky with a lesser brain and a worse attitude. That is Felipe Franks.

Trask took over for Franks at UF after an injury and the offense looked instantly better. Guy just can't see the field or process anything.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
No. Please no. If you are upset with Trubisky's processing, don't get near Franks. Imagine Trubisky with a lesser brain and a worse attitude. That is Felipe Franks.

Trask took over for Franks at UF after an injury and the offense looked instantly better. Guy just can't see the field or process anything.

My take has been just that, a big dude and a big arm and not much else, much like that guy out of Colorado last year. I know I'd rather have Koonce this year in the fifth but, this year, fans are thirsty for a QB like a teenage boy getting a sniff for the first time, ya know? So, a fifth isn't too bad, but I'd much rather he goes to the Steelers.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He was bad in Miami and not much better after transferring to Arkansas.

He played at Florida, but yeah he wasn't any good. He may have a good highlight here and there, but his overall body of work is not good. Fans were clamoring for him to be benched because he wasn't consistent enough to really get the offense moving. He did just enough to beat the trams they were supposed to and not much more.

When Trask came in he looked like all pro in comparison. Granted I think Trask is a really good player and certainly worth a look in the 2nd if nothing else pans out in the 1st.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
... Granted I think Trask is a really good player and certainly worth a look in the 2nd if nothing else pans out in the 1st.

I'm hoping to have a Don't Believe the Hype post analyzing why we shouldn't think about Trask before the 5th. I don't get the Trask love, but, more importantly, there are a great many players that would help us win more than him like Jabril Cox or my man Elijah Moore that we could get in the 2nd or 1st respectively.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Franks is a bad QB. If Dan Mullen couldn't make him look decent in college then you know he's a bum.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping to have a Don't Believe the Hype post analyzing why we shouldn't think about Trask before the 5th. I don't get the Trask love, but, more importantly, there are a great many players that would help us win more than him like Jabril Cox or my man Elijah Moore that we could get in the 2nd or 1st respectively.

Florida fans will tell you the value of Trask. Just by watching Felipe play and then be replaced by Trask.

Trask may not be flashy or fit the prototypical new style QB mold. He isn't going to pop out on tape for many highlight plays. But what makes him so good is his consistency. He methodically gets his team down the field and is good in the redzone.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Florida fans will tell you the value of Trask. Just by watching Felipe play and then be replaced by Trask.

Trask may not be flashy or fit the prototypical new style QB mold. He isn't going to pop out on tape for many highlight plays. But what makes him so good is his consistency. He methodically gets his team down the field and is good in the redzone.

Absolutely. Trask makes pro throws. I like him in the late 2nd or early 3rd, let him sit for an entire year and study the pro game, then give him a shot to compete. His accuracy is on par with Lawrence and Jones in this draft.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
trask is gonna need good to very good pass pro

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Absolutely. Trask makes pro throws. I like him in the late 2nd or early 3rd, let him sit for an entire year and study the pro game, then give him a shot to compete. His accuracy is on par with Lawrence and Jones in this draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to Trask in the 3rd. We have the pick. I mean, I'd rather have Newman or Mond, but, after the top 5, it really doesn't matter between Trask or Ramsey or any of the rest, even Ehlinger.

This would work out real well if we could trade back in the first, pick up an extra 2nd, and draft a WR and a T, preferably Cosmi.