Fields & Borom Are The Future

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
even tho Watt got his sacks, I thought Borom was solid. not even certain how many go against Borom, 1 of the sacks was totally unblocked which is a fucking head scratcher. had a false start as well, but held his own most of the time

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Borom's done way better than I expected this early into his career.

Borom has done enough that after this year, you slide his ass over to LT and forget about him there. He's your Left Tackle going forward.

Now you just need to find 4 other guys. I am praying Jenkins can be the RT when he gets back healthy.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
even tho Watt got his sacks, I thought Borom was solid. not even certain how many go against Borom, 1 of the sacks was totally unblocked which is a fucking head scratcher. had a false start as well, but held his own most of the time
1 watt sack was unblocked. Another was looping all the way around borom and coming back upfield when fields was trying to escape pressure from someone else

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Borom has done enough that after this year, you slide his ass over to LT and forget about him there. He's your Left Tackle going forward.

Now you just need to find 4 other guys. I am praying Jenkins can be the RT when he gets back healthy.
Borom, Rookie, Bozeman, Teller, Jenkins. Who says no? ??‍♂️

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Mustipher is def the weak link. Don't see getting rid of both Whitehair and Daniels nor do I think they should, esp Daniels. Dude is young and has been awesome in run game.
Borom, Whitehair, Bozeman, Daniels, and Jenkins with a swing tackle (ex: Matt Pryor) and a Day 2 rookie OT.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I think they have a decent amount of pieces. A new coach that plays to their strengths, plus do what you can in the offseason to upgrade a few spots.
This year is a wash, but it gives another 8 games for all these pieces to get some more chemistry moving forward. I know it sucks to basically see the team be out of it this year, but 2022 is where it's at!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@remydat think Borom can slide to LT?

Maybe but not sure I would make that move. He looks comfortable at RT and has played it all his career. Let him stick there, bring back Peters and let him compete with Jenkins at LT while continuing to mentor both. Offer him a coaching job when he retires.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vildor is not. That is all!
It's remarkable how tight Vildor can play yet never break up the pass. I guess you can't teach to be taller.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe but not sure I would make that move. He looks comfortable at RT and has played it all his career. Let him stick there, bring back Peters and let him compete with Jenkins at LT while continuing to mentor both. Offer him a coaching job when he retires.
Yup. Try him on the left if you run out of viable players there. I have to admit that when Peters went down I thought they might switch him but then I remembered where TJ Watt usually comes from.