Fields Day 1 Starter.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
With his off-the-charts aptitude, he just might.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Listened to Ryan day today and he was asked about this…said he could start day 1 but also threw in that he’d handle sitting well and will be better in year 3/4 than he will off the bat. Not going out on a limb but I think they might look to develop him some instead of insta-start

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s no reason to throw him out there unless it’s necessary. Or AD is a complete shit show.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Foles, is there anyone that might want him?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton > Glennon
Agreed Dalton will be a much better bridge QB, but we'll see. How the OL performs and prove it can protect a young QB will be everything and that could take just as long as it takes Fields to demonstrate he's ready.

Another difference with our current bridge QB and future QB is that the supporting cast is A LOT better than what Glennon & Trubisky inherited.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol what is this?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listened to Ryan day today and he was asked about this…said he could start day 1 but also threw in that he’d handle sitting well and will be better in year 3/4 than he will off the bat. Not going out on a limb but I think they might look to develop him some instead of insta-start
Yeah...why would you do that?

Its much better to assess your team first with a known commodity.
Personally I would start Dalton for first halfs, followed by Foles for second halfs until one or both of them emerges...audition them and see what offers I get. Trade 1 or both.

After the trade deadline, I start thinking about getting Fields wet. I never like giving a rookie more than a taste. Let them think about that taste all off-season. Prepare harder, knowing what they are in.

Burroughs shouldn't have happened. That was obvious. He was getting beaten.

I don't see the accuracy in Fields tape yet or the difficult reads to justify hanging him out there. Let him watch, let him learn, let him get up to speed and pick a time to get him wet.