Fields Development Goals

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is another one where again Mooney made a mistake but Fields still had a play to be made.

View attachment 23042

It’s a four-vertical play, one that’s familiar from last season, when Matt Nagy was coach. Mooney said he still had that in mind. It was called “special.” In it, if you see Cover 2, which the Giants were in, you split up the seam. Mooney did that.

“That’s how it was last year,” Mooney said. “But we have the same name, the same play.”

Under offensive coordinator Luke Getsy, Mooney needed to bend his route over the middle more and toward the right safety in coverage. He didn’t do that.

“And that’s where (Fields) was looking for me at,” Mooney said.

View attachment 23042

“That’s a very basic play; that’s just … a four-vertical play,” he said. “Mooney, on that one, is supposed to be bending across the formation. He’s supposed to be bending across. He was not supposed to go vertical. I think that kind of caught (Fields) off guard a little bit, but he certainly had time on that.”

“He certainly had time and could’ve rode the pocket a little bit more,” Eberflus said. “But he decided to take it because what we were telling him is to take the checkdown or run on that when they’re in that defense.”

“Get your eyes downfield and see what you see and take what they give you,” Eberflus said. “Certainly have to do that for sure.”

Just another one where Fields is in his head a little bit. Mooney is out of place and he is coached to take the checkdown or scramble if they get that D but as Flus says, he had the time to actually just take what the D is giving him which is clearly Mooney over the top. But these are the plays that give you hope that if he just gets out of his head a little bit he can take a leap. These are not hard adjustments to make. He just needs to understand the coaching is there as a guide post but you still have to react to what the D is presenting to you. At the same time, Mooney needs to stop fucking up his routes as it is probably hard for Fields to pull the trigger there as he is probably saying to himself he doesn't know if Mooney is going to stay vertical or if he is going to bend late. But given the two safeties are in no position to make a play on the ball, you gotta let it rip and if Mooney fucks it up then so be it.
What is a “dual” read?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So again I'm going by what I learned about Qb time in the pocket count down from coaches. The count is different
than a YT time stamp. I'll try to find a link for it.
That’s not how time works man.
Probably one of the dumbest fake arguments I’ve ever heard, since literally every football broadcast has a qb and they’ve never talked about that. Utterly ridiculous.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That’s not how time works man.
Probably one of the dumbest fake arguments I’ve ever heard, since literally every football broadcast has a qb and they’ve never talked about that. Utterly ridiculous.

There's literally not a Qb on every broadcast. Is Chris Collinsworth a former Qb? Rhetorical question.
But since you've played ( u haven't).....how do you count off time in a clean pocket? What's the standard countdown procedure vs a 3step release? I'm open to hear your expertise without the negative ancillary comments.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There's literally not a Qb on every broadcast. Is Chris Collinsworth a former Qb? Rhetorical question.
But since you've played ( u haven't).....how do you count off time in a clean pocket? What's the standard countdown procedure vs a 3step release? I'm open to hear your expertise without the negative ancillary comments.
are you seriously arguing with people how to count?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lol it's the actual amount of seconds that take place between the snap and the pressure/qb throwing/running. And I'm talking actual seconds in real time, not randomly counted seconds. Weird argument man

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is another one where again Mooney made a mistake but Fields still had a play to be made.

View attachment 23042

It’s a four-vertical play, one that’s familiar from last season, when Matt Nagy was coach. Mooney said he still had that in mind. It was called “special.” In it, if you see Cover 2, which the Giants were in, you split up the seam. Mooney did that.

“That’s how it was last year,” Mooney said. “But we have the same name, the same play.”

Under offensive coordinator Luke Getsy, Mooney needed to bend his route over the middle more and toward the right safety in coverage. He didn’t do that.

“And that’s where (Fields) was looking for me at,” Mooney said.

View attachment 23042

“That’s a very basic play; that’s just … a four-vertical play,” he said. “Mooney, on that one, is supposed to be bending across the formation. He’s supposed to be bending across. He was not supposed to go vertical. I think that kind of caught (Fields) off guard a little bit, but he certainly had time on that.”

“He certainly had time and could’ve rode the pocket a little bit more,” Eberflus said. “But he decided to take it because what we were telling him is to take the checkdown or run on that when they’re in that defense.”

“Get your eyes downfield and see what you see and take what they give you,” Eberflus said. “Certainly have to do that for sure.”

Just another one where Fields is in his head a little bit. Mooney is out of place and he is coached to take the checkdown or scramble if they get that D but as Flus says, he had the time to actually just take what the D is giving him which is clearly Mooney over the top. But these are the plays that give you hope that if he just gets out of his head a little bit he can take a leap. These are not hard adjustments to make. He just needs to understand the coaching is there as a guide post but you still have to react to what the D is presenting to you. At the same time, Mooney needs to stop fucking up his routes as it is probably hard for Fields to pull the trigger there as he is probably saying to himself he doesn't know if Mooney is going to stay vertical or if he is going to bend late. But given the two safeties are in no position to make a play on the ball, you gotta let it rip and if Mooney fucks it up then so be it.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
1. it's a messageboard so maybe stfu instead of talking about proper English. thanks

2. You type like a brokeboi and why would a wealthy person need a "burner account?" LOL! If you actually make more than 18MM in the next 20 years that's great but Justin makes that in FOUR years, off his contract alone. What do you think he'll make in 6 more, total? What job is it that you have, what investments do you have, that you believe you'll make in 20 years what someone who made 11MM+ just last year? Are you telling me that you make $500,000 a year currently? TIA in advance for your response to this.

3. I care, and apparently YOU also care how much money he makes because your SECOND point in your post indicates such. ALSO MONEY IS LITERALLY PART OF SOMEONE'S LEGACY. IT DOESN'T TAKE AN ENGLISH MAJOR TO KNOW THIS.

Thanks for the reply anyways, even if you're mad.
Quick, name me the last person who had a statue erected in their honor, simply for being on the fortune 500 list (not based on some other accomplishment; only for being wealthy). Nothing? Okay. Now name me someone who had a statue erected in their honor for being a legend on the field/court.

Nobody remembers rich people simply for being rich.

Also, the proper way to show emphasis is to use italics, not caps lock.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Quick, name me the last person who had a statue erected in their honor, simply for being on the fortune 500 list (not based on some other accomplishment; only for being wealthy). Nothing? Okay. Now name me someone who had a statue erected in their honor for being a legend on the field/court.

Andrew Carnegie, John D Rockefeller, Jakob Fugger, Nathan Mayer Rothschild, Cornelius Vanderbilt were famous for being rich AND they have statues totally ERECTED.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

are you seriously arguing with people how to count?

Ask Boswell: Redskins, Nationals and Washington sports​

Q: RG 3 & Out

“We knew we had to stay alive in our rush because [Griffin] does hold the ball a little bit,” McCoy said afterward. That does not take too much film study to realize that. You would think a smart QB would realize that maybe we do not have the best line so, therefore, you do not have five seconds to sit in the pocket. 1 1000, 2 1000, 3 1000 and throw down field or get out of the pocket and throw it away. You have to know, as a smart QB, there are times you cannot take a sack, like second & 10 at the TB 10 or third and 20 at the TB 20.
-----------

I'll continue to look for other sources that explain real time, pocket count.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ask Boswell: Redskins, Nationals and Washington sports

“We knew we had to stay alive in our rush because [Griffin] does hold the ball a little bit,” McCoy said afterward. That does not take too much film study to realize that. You would think a smart QB would realize that maybe we do not have the best line so, therefore, you do not have five seconds to sit in the pocket. 1 1000, 2 1000, 3 1000 and throw down field or get out of the pocket and throw it away. You have to know, as a smart QB, there are times you cannot take a sack, like second & 10 at the TB 10 or third and 20 at the TB 20.
-----------

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

1st scramble he could have thrown to Herbert in the flat and let Herbert beat his man.

2nd scramble, Kmet comes open underneath. He has pressure but if threw this with anticipation he could have hit Kmet.

2nd pass - Kmet is going to come open underneath but he throws into double coverage in end zone.

4th pass - tipped as can't get it around defender.

3rd scramble - Had Kmet in flat but because of the previous tip he doesn't throw and tries to scramble instead.

3rd Pass - Ebner lined up top of screen and cuts inside and is wide open and Fields doesnt pull trigger.

I will stop here. Go watch the film above. He misses numerous guys underneath. Sorry.
Pretty much this
Kid needs too calm the fuck down and start focusing on going through his progressions and taking what's there

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Andrew Carnegie, John D Rockefeller, Jakob Fugger, Nathan Mayer Rothschild, Cornelius Vanderbilt were famous for being rich AND they have statues totally ERECTED.
They are all famous for things other than money (nice Google-searching skills, by the way).

It's like asking people how much Jordan earned during his Bulls career. They have no clue. But ask them how many titles he won and it's a quick answer.

You have to do more than earn money if you want to be remembered.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

-----------

That's cool if u wanna joke about pocket count down. I get it u don't know and have never played the Qb position nor the OL. And ya wanna disregard the above article. It's all good. SMH

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's cool if u wanna joke about pocket count down. I get it u don't know and have never played the Qb position nor the OL. And ya wanna disregard the above article. It's all good. SMH
Totally played offensive line. Played center and guard.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

-----------

Totally played offensive line. Played center and guard.

Then u should've addressed the quote from the above article and knew what it meant based on u allegedly having played vs doing the Stephen Hawking "joke" diversion. Again, it's ok. It's all good.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
BUT WHEN DO YOU START COUNTING?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

@0:35 JF is flushed immediately from the collapsed pocket and away from Kmet.

@0:53.....again collapsed pocket. So he threw it away

@1:00......PA, decent pass pro he hits Mooney.

@1:36....boot, might've been able to Kmet, but the defender was closing.

@1;55.........slooooow developing route and see no check downs. JF might've left the "pocket" to early

@2:07.......collapsed pocket. JF is forced to run.

@2:17.....bad pass on the PA

@2:20 ......he got Kmet on this one

@2:30......this looked like a "jail break". But it was 5 ON 5. The OL sucked on this one. And wheres the center? :mad:

@2:38.....good screen. The OL is use to letting defenders threw :ROFLMAO:

@2:49......collapsing pocket AGAIN. And edge rusher wacks JF's arm.

@3:12.....good pass, good catch

@3:20......blitz.......no hot route underneath, Looks like vertical routes. ?

@3:37.....he should've gone underneath to #25. Bad pass....tipped

@3:40......might've taken off to soon here. There was a back underneath. JF choose to make a play with his legs

@3:49......risky pass here. Kmet covered underneath. I don't like the PA shotgun call. It's not fooling anyone. When ur on the field.....the D can see running plays easier in the 'gun'.

@4:12.....here we go again, pocket collapsing off the edge. Our friends LT Jones and RT Boram at it again

@4:22.......Sigh, Boram and #25 Ebner just let the defender beeline to JF

@4:30......sigh......another pocket collapse vs a 5 on 5 rush

@4:40......good boot and seal

@4:49........JF is given time......boom, he hits Mooney!

@5:04.....bad pass, not sure where he was going on this one. #70's pass pro was slipping

@5:15.....just a total pocket break down here. And wouldn't u know>>>>> it's 5 ON 5

@5:23.......sigh....another collapse >>> 5 OL vs 4

Ok I'm exhausted. I'm may come back and review the rest. But it's all here for everyone to see.

This chronicles a lot of what Fields faced vs the Giants. The key theme is Collapsing pocket.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

You're a major douchebag.