Fields Development Goals

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We'll start here........."this has fuck all to do with Getsy,"

Getsy is tasked with developing JF, correct? Yes
Getsy designed the playbook and routes correct? Yes. Getsy was suppose to build around JF and the offensive strengths. correct? Yes Has all this been happening?

I've watched film and I rarely see guys running check downs i.e. "drags", "quick hooks", "quick slants" etc
Instead, I see long developing routes that stresses the OL and gives way to pocket collapses on the edge.
If u have any footage that shows Bear check downs, please provide it.
________

In addition.....
" Time to throw dropping below 3 seconds to around 2.75. "
Tell me the proper way to count down setting up in a non collapsing pocket.

1st scramble he could have thrown to Herbert in the flat and let Herbert beat his man.

2nd scramble, Kmet comes open underneath. He has pressure but if threw this with anticipation he could have hit Kmet.

2nd pass - Kmet is going to come open underneath but he throws into double coverage in end zone.

4th pass - tipped as can't get it around defender.

3rd scramble - Had Kmet in flat but because of the previous tip he doesn't throw and tries to scramble instead.

3rd Pass - Ebner lined up top of screen and cuts inside and is wide open and Fields doesnt pull trigger.

I will stop here. Go watch the film above. He misses numerous guys underneath. Sorry.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

1st scramble he could have thrown to Herbert in the flat and let Herbert beat his man.

2nd scramble, Kmet comes open underneath. He has pressure but he if threw this with anticipation he could have hit Kmet.

2nd pass - Kmet is going to come open underneath but he throws into double coverage in end zone.

4th pass - tipped as can't get it around it defender.

3rd scramble - Had Kmet in flat but because of the previous tip he doesn't throw and tries to scrble instead.

3rd Pass - Ebner lined up top of screen and cuts inside and is wide open and Fields doesnt pull trigger.

I will stop here. Go watch the film above. He misses numerous guys underneath. Sorry.
CCS: but why don’t the TE’s & WR’s produce more? Lmao

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can have the best offensive line ever, if you hold the ball long enough you will be under pressure eventually. He needs to understand that most passes he should be looking to throw almost immediately after the snap. Those plays that take a few seconds to develop should not even be the play call except on the minority of plays.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will also add if you freeze the vid I posted at 2:50, the guys are already open. Mooney, ESB, and the RB. Again throw with anticipation and this is a completion. Instead he holds the ball and at 2:52, he is stripped sack. He literally holds the ball for almost 2 seconds after 3 separate guys are NFL open while pretty much staring at them. No idea what he is waiting on.

He simply has to be faster and more decisive.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't argue with the statistics, but you can argue about formations. I don't really want to relive it, but did go through the first game and his numbers and time to throw look great when in 11/12 personnel. Do these stats account for that or are they just arbitrary numbers ? Not being a smartass, I would really like to know / see how much different those numbers are when he goes from a 6-7 man protection to 5.

Same with yesterday. Again, don't want to relive it but I would be willing to bet the majority of his completions came out of 11/12 that weren't screens.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Part of his problem is that he is just not seeing the field nor is he going through his progressions quickly enough. It is going to take tremendous leaps to be a successful NFL QB. He doesn't see the field, doesn't anticipate and has poor pocket presence.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Why does Justin Field play like he's 5'2. I cant remember seeing this many pass deflection at the LOS since??? Rex???

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't argue with the statistics, but you can argue about formations. I don't really want to relive it, but did go through the first game and his numbers and time to throw look great when in 11/12 personnel. Do these stats account for that or are they just arbitrary numbers ? Not being a smartass, I would really like to know / see how much different those numbers are when he goes from a 6-7 man protection to 5.

Same with yesterday. Again, don't want to relive it but I would be willing to bet the majority of his completions came out of 11/12 that weren't screens.

Do you mean 21 and 11 ie RB/FB (21) and 2 TEs (12). 11 is 3 WRs where he seems to struggle more.

And yes he is better in the heavier sets as I have argued for Getsy to run 21 and 11 majority of time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Part of his problem is that he is just not seeing the field nor is he going through his progressions quickly enough. It is going to take tremendous leaps to be a successful NFL QB. He doesn't see the field, doesn't anticipate and has poor pocket presence.

I honestly think it isn't a huge leap as I can see him watching these routes. He just is hesitant which is easier to fix IMO. Not that it will as that fix is largely up to him.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why does Justin Field play like he's 5'2. I cant remember seeing this many pass deflection at the LOS since??? Rex???
Yes. I don't understand why he has such an issue hitting people in the flat. It's always such an awkward pass

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He just is hesitant which is easier to fix IMO. Not that it will as that fix is largely up to him.
I wish I shared your optimism. Right now he looks like Trubisky with a little better deep ball accuracy. Watch that 3rd and 6 after the second half, he doesn't even look to the left side of the field the entire play.

Is there one thing that he is excelling with right now? Struggling with accuracy at all levels, progressions, pocket presence, anticipation. I have seen no improvement over the first 4 games.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

2nd scramble, Kmet comes open underneath. He has pressure but if threw this with anticipation he could have hit Kmet.

3rd scramble - Had Kmet in flat but because of the previous tip he doesn't throw and tries to scramble instead.

I'm watching the vid now. @0:21 the backer is on Herbert in the flat. And then as usual, #70 Jones is getting beat.
I'm going to review the other plays. Also please answer the question about the proper way to count down setting up in a non collapsing pocket.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Good stuff Remy. I don't disagree with a single word in this thread.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wish I shared your optimism. Right now he looks like Trubisky with a little better deep ball accuracy. Watch that 3rd and 6 after the second half, he doesn't even look to the left side of the field the entire play.

Is there one thing that he is excelling with right now? Struggling with accuracy at all levels, progressions, pocket presence, anticipation. I have seen no improvement over the first 4 games.

Nah 3M's problem was different IMO. He could not process at all. Processing isnt the issue for Fields IMO. It is taking action after he has processed.

Put another way, 3M didnt seem to know where to go with ball. Fields seems to be saying ok WR2 is the right read but let me wait another sec just to he sure.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The first comment on this video was a guy saying the future is bright and how the Giants are a good football team. ?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My faith is dwindling but I still have some hope that something is going to click for JF1. Waiting for that “aha moment” is taxing and may never come but there’s time I’m watching and I can see an open receiver on the live broadcast while he spins into a sack.

I feel like there is timing issues with his footwork and he’s trying to be too mechanical as he goes through his reads and his eyes are beating his feet to the proper read.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm watching the vid now. @0:21 the backer is on Herbert in the flat. And then as usual, #70 Jones is getting beat.
I'm going to review the other plays. Also please answer the question about the proper way to count down setting up in a non collapsing pocket.

Your claim was that they didnt have checkdowns. They did. Whether you think the checkdown was open is irrelevant.

He can complete that pass, whether Herbert beats the guy one on one after the catch isnt the point. Let your receivers earn their pay checks by getting YAC. If they dont then that is on them not you.

This thread is about Field's development. Feel free to set up your own thread if you wish to talk about coaching, the OL. You question is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes. I don't understand why he has such an issue hitting people in the flat. It's always such an awkward pass
I think it’s because he telegraphs it and throws it in slow motion. Everyone sees it coming

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Nah 3M's problem was different IMO. He could not process at all. Processing isnt the issue for Fields IMO. It is taking action after he has processed.

Put another way, 3M didnt seem to know where to go with ball. Fields seems to be saying ok WR2 is the right read but let me wait another sec just to he sure.
Fields gives incredibly detailed descriptions of what he saw and what he was reading when asked specific questions on his decision making.

Now he has to take that knowledge and condense it into an acceptable NFL timeframe and start making on-schedule throws.

This guy is so much smarter than Mitch and he seems like he’s all business.

I refuse to criticize him at this point, but I acknowledge I’m not happy with his play.