Fields fumbled two snaps under center

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Taking snaps from under center absolutely takes practice. If a QB has primarily worked out of the shotgun then this takes getting used to. If you have never taken a snap from between the legs of a 300lb man, then I would argue that you have not truly lived....

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I know.

I'm not questioning the trade up for Fields. He's got the tools and the experience. Sometimes guys are a disappointment and not many could see it coming.

I'm not sold on a 2nd & 3rd from this year on Jenkins, but we'll see. Hopefully he starts LT and never looks back.

Good points. I'm sure we can agree....if Fields doesn't work out, at least we truly went after someone who "checks all the boxes". The onus at this point is on Nagy to not "crash the Maserati" if ya know what I mean. ;)

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Taking snaps from under center absolutely takes practice. If a QB has primarily worked out of the shotgun then this takes getting used to. If you have never taken a snap from between the legs of a 300lb man, then I would argue that you have not truly lived....

As a fat man myself, there is no feeling like getting ready to snap the pigskin while a QB massages your prostate.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I don't blame him. There's a ton of pressure on him. Imagine getting a new job and being good won't cut it - you have to be great.

Another QB disappointment will be devastating for this franchise. Specially after giving up two firsts for ONE player.

I know it's funny now...but y’all will be getting the noose ready if this young man is Mitch '17.
We gave up ONE, ONE first and we swapped the other.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
82acd282baedf08a94fd99c9e9b8505e.jpg

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We gave up ONE, ONE first and we swapped the other.
What he’s trying to say is we used one pick on Fields and traded another for the right to do so.

So they did spend two picks on one player. I’m pretty sure though that in three years nobody will give a fuck.

The funny thing is that I know (and so does he) that he liked both players coming out but he continues to fret over the cost getting both. If memory serves Fields was his #2 QB and he had Jenkins as a target at 20. So he likes both players but is hung up on the price.

Had the draft fell differently and they ended up with Darrisaw and Mond like the Vikings did and it later came out had the Bears been willing to give up a future 1st for Fields and didn’t he’d be pissed about that too.