Fields - Gabbert/Rosen/Clausen … oh boy

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
“Stats are for losers” - Bill Belichek

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Eye test, not stats has me concerned. We should be seeing some glimpses on some plays.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Isn’t

we are, you aren’t
We all see glimpses of the physical talent every game. But are we seeing glimpses he’s putting the mental side together along with it? And are we seeing those plays happen more often, or remaining sporadic? Do we see GROWTH???

Yes, the coaching, playcalling, scheme, and talent around him all play a factor. A big factor. But none of us can say the lack of obvious growth is all, or even mostly, due to those things. We may think so…I definitely HOPE so…but not one of us knows for sure.

That’s why there’s concern. Because some think blind optimism just because he’s the best prospect we’ve had in forever isn’t reality…

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of those guys have a fraction of Justin's athletic ability and talent. Fuck this article.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
We had Clausen in Chicago and got to see him a few games when Cutler was hurt, some here even wanted him to start.

Wasn't he the chump that played in Seattle and never got the ball on the other side of the 50 yard line the whole game?

Just the eye test says Fields is not as awful as that guy was.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
According to this article's premise, all of Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields will suck.

What it doesn't mention is that these are quite literally the three worst offensive situations in the NFL and have been for years.

Chicago has had a bottom 5 offense in the two years before Justin arrived, and bottom 10 for six of the last seven years.

New York was even worse, with five consecutive years of bottom-5 output before Wilson, and eight of the last nine years total.

Jacksonville only slightly better than either, with that fluke top-5 year with Bortles. Even with that, before Lawrence it was three consecutive years in bottom 5, and eight of ten years in bottom 10.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Fields looks like shit, again. Needs another year outside of this clusterfuck, but consider me unimpressed.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What game are you watching? He has absolutely no pocket awareness. How do you get sacked there?
I guess we’ll just ignore him being accurate for an entire half and base his entire night on two plays

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
What game are you watching?

2 fumbles, 2 bad sacks. 3 points.

Am I supposed to be impressed with a couple nice passes?