Fields gets the least amount of help when it comes to rookie QBs

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Watching that Thanksgiving day 'highlights' reel is kind of embarrassing. Dalton has FOUR dink and dunk passes in a row, then closer to the endzone, throws one right to a Lion, who luckily drops it.

Lions have THREE straight flags to go backwards.

The TD to Graham was good, but has me wondering....for what that dude is being paid, how come we never saw him almost every other game?

Dalton throws it to TWO Lions in the end zone, they catch that one.

Goff looking like Mitch on the long stuff.

3 points in the entire second half...vs the Lions? Yikes.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I like that @Black Rainbow is hedging his bets by never officially calling fields a bust, but consistently talking about how bad he's been and comparing him to other busts to see what his comps are. But since he's never officially said he's a bust he can still claim to be right no matter what the outcome is with Fields career.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Fields has sucked. Bashing Dalton doesn’t change that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well then you should be in the category as per the first sentence of someone that does not look at stats. If you are going to look at stats and pick and choose if and when the stats are invalid because of the situation one is compared to the other, you are turning stats from objective to subjective based on your opinion.

It's for that reason that I give no validity to PFF. That takes a subjective opinion play by play and assigns it a number making it look objective when it is anything but that.

Not really. States and subjective opinions are not mutually exclusive and I would say relying on just 1 is quite silly and not how most NFL teams evaluate players. Player evaluation generally would take into account both hence why no one doubted Peyton Manning's ability despite his 28 ints his rookie year.

As for PFF, they have statistical data beyond their grades and the important thing is some NFL teams give validity to them by buying their data. That holds more weight that what a random Bears fan thinks regarding their validity. By your logic, you should put no validity in NFL scouting departments because PFF does precisely what scouts do. They watch film going play by play and then developing a player grade from it.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
And Foles played better than both with even less help but he still was blamed for everything..... but none of it really matters anyway until you get someone who knows what they are doing to run this team .

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unrelated to being a rookie but Dalton isn't getting much help today either.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
The open rate is pretty eye opening to me. If you watch other teams, it's no surprise to see those teams have receivers that get open or are schemed open. Doesn't matter who the QB is, the Bears never have any receivers that are open-open. The offensive scheme doesn't even accidentally get guys open. On that chart, most of the QBs are around .65 open rate or better whereas Fields has an open rate of .55. The only one even remotely close to him is Jimmy G at .58. To me, that says everything about what a trash offensive system the Bears are running and why I find it hard to place a lot of blame on ineffective QB play because the QB has to be perfect or nothing works.