Fields gets the least amount of help when it comes to rookie QBs

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
No you wouldn’t. Dalton needs to have at least 250 passing yards and put up at least 21 points. If Fields could do it against the Steelers, Dalton should be able to against the Cardinals

This and Fields really should have had 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns if Tony Corente didn't fucking hate the Bears and if Jimmy Graham could catch a ball thrown between the 8 and 0.

If the officiating is fair against AZ and his teammates play mistake free, then Dalton SHOULD be able to put up 250 plus and a couple of touchdowns and only 1 INT or so.

It will be less of a hostile environment than when Fields played Pittsburgh and Dalton gets extra points in my book if he can engineer a comeback in the last 2 minutes.

If the defense can force a couple of turnovers and the running game gets going, then this sort of stat line by Dalton COULD be enough to win.

I highly doubt that happens and honestly even if Dalton performs well, it doesn't change my perspective on Fields in the least.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
This and Fields really should have had 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns if Tony Corente didn't fucking hate the Bears and if Jimmy Graham could catch a ball thrown between the 8 and 0.

If the officiating is fair against AZ and his teammates play mistake free, then Dalton SHOULD be able to put up 250 plus and a couple of touchdowns... hopefully...
I did credit Fields for the Steelers game...but what did he do in the first half?

4 punts, an INT and a FG.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Heck, I'd argue that Fields would have marched down the field and beat Green Bay if the defense just got one fucking stop after the Touchdown to Mooney. The offense was hot and in Rhythm, and Green Bay's defense was gassed. As another poster mentioned, Fields is a few unlucky plays and circumstances away from looking very different.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Massive denial.
Massive stupidity. Imagine thinking someone is in denial because they don't think passing yards is some end all be all stat that we should be judging performance on. ?

You're bad at this.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Heck, I'd argue that Fields would have marched down the field and beat Green Bay if the defense just got one fucking stop after the Touchdown to Mooney. The offense was hot and in Rhythm, and Green Bay's defense was gassed. As another poster mentioned, Fields is a few unlucky plays and circumstances away from looking very different.
Or you(the general "you") could look at tape and not box scores, and realize that he takes two steps forward for every step back. This is his up and down year. He'll look way better with better coaching and a full year of NFL experience.

We just need to get this next coach right. And we need to start shifting our money investment more and more into offense.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I did credit Fields for the Steelers game...but what did he do in the first half?

4 punts, an INT and a FG.
Hard to get going when the pocket is collapsing around you in the first half and the only time receivers are getting open is being nullified by penalties but okay lol.

Give credit to the Bears for actually making halftime adjustments in this game. Again, it's not all on Fields.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Or you(the general "you") could look at tape and not box scores, and realize that he takes two steps forward for every step back. This is his up and down year. He'll look way better with better coaching and a full year of NFL experience.

We just need to get this next coach right. And we need to start shifting our money investment more and more into offense.

So you're saying it's hard to succeed as a rookie against the toughest defensive schedule in the league with this clown show of an offense?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Hard to get going when the pocket is collapsing around you in the first half and the only time receivers are getting open is being nullified by penalties but okay lol.

Give credit to the Bears for actually making halftime adjustments in this game. Again, it's not all on Fields.
And Dalton gets this same consideration tomorrow, correct?

And remember, Fields is the one who's supposed to be able to use his athleticism to avoid sacks and make something happen - this was a MAJOR advantage to starting Fields over "the statue Dalton."

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't expect a back-up to put up 21 on a team that averages only giving up 18.

The Cardinals are a much tougher team than the Steelers.

And I did credit Fields after the Steelers game.
So let me get this straight. Dalton doesn’t need to outperform Fields in order to look better than him in this offense?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight. Dalton doesn’t need to outperform Fields in order to look better than him in this offense?

He's just trying to build his narrative in advance and hope it sticks. Any given Sunday and all...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Massive stupidity. Imagine thinking someone is in denial because they don't think passing yards is some end all be all stat that we should be judging performance on. ?

You're bad at this.
This take that yards don't matter is going to backfire on you.

Let's get this right, yards per game, a measuring stick for moving the ball forward for DECADES...suddenly doesn't matter when your boyfriend is under center?

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Fields would not get 200 vs the Cardinals. He'd be doing his usual 100 yards...like 50 or 60 at the half.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's just trying to build his narrative in advance and hope it sticks. Any given Sunday and all...
His narrative doesn’t even make sense

Rainbow: If Dalton looks better in the offense will you guys admit Fields development sucks

Me: Sure but so far Dalton hasn’t looked better but please define what better would be

Rainbow: *random yards*

Me: Nani? That doesn’t make sense, how about * sets parameters Fields did in one half on an equally tough defense *

Rainbow: No! Dalton sucks

Me: What?!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields would not get 200 vs the Cardinals. He'd be doing his usual 100 yards...like 50 or 60 at the half.
Do you even know the defensive ranks of the Steelers and Cardinals?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This take that yards don't matter is going to backfire on you.

Let's get this right, yards per game, a measuring stick for moving the ball forward for DECADES...suddenly doesn't matter when your boyfriend is under center?
Why are you calling him names?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Comparing a rookie to journeyman QB is pretty hilarious.