Donator
Liked Posts:
?

I expected cherry picked stats from others
However if you want to go there

Lions: bottom 5 defense in the league
Fields: average 12 yards per throw and 24 points

Dalton: 5 yards per throw and 16 points

I don't want to get sucked into this, was just answering the defense question you asked, because I like defense. Arizona defense gets little credit, but they are fantastic and carrying them through their injuries.

As far as the 2 games against the Lions:

Fields. 11-17 209 yds 0 TD 1 INT
Dalton. 24-37 317 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want to get sucked into this, was just answering the defense question you asked, because I like defense. Arizona defense gets little credit, but they are fantastic and carrying them through their injuries.

Exactly.

I take a lot of shit from the posters here because of a lot of bad history, but you're one of the few posters that still has some objectivity where I can actually talk to you.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You don’t like stats apparently if you plan on posting cherry picked ones. Are yards the only thing certain posters go by

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly.

I take a lot of shit from the posters here because of a lot of bad history, but you're one of the few posters that still has some objectivity where I can actually talk to you.

People don't realize it but I am meatball homer Bears fan that loves defense. My expectations for the offense is to not turn it over, long drives, use the clock and hopefully score 20.

I root for whoever the QB is and only get pissed at excessive turnovers.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don’t like stats apparently if you plan on posting cherry picked ones. Are yards the only thing certain posters go by

I am just posting the very most basic stats that you see every day.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People don't realize it but I am meatball homer Bears fan that loves defense. My expectations for the offense is to not turn it over, long drives, use the clock and hopefully score 20.

So then you aren’t a fan of Dalton?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s fair

I am not for or against you, Fields, Black Rainbow, Anytime, Bust, or anybody else. I actually think all of you are funny and entertaining. I just want an offense that will compliment what hopefully is a great defense, that is being ignored, and sliding. And I have a hunch they are not going to help the defense this offseason either.

You want to see a real disaster? Watch this team if the defense falls into the bottom 3rd.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Especially in a throw away year.

I wonder if Dalton will come back next year to be Fields' backup or would he rather go to a team like the Texans to lead them to a 4-13 record

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I am not for or against you, Fields, Black Rainbow, Anytime, Bust, or anybody else. I actually think all of you are funny and entertaining. I just want an offense that will compliment what hopefully is a great defense, that is being ignored, and sliding. And I have a hunch they are not going to help the defense this offseason either.

You want to see a really disaster? Watch this team if the defense falls into the bottom 3rd.
The defense has been driving me nuts this year. They've been on the field way too long, which has most likely led to all the injuries, down the stretch. I mean we all know Kindle isn't the answer at #2. But the offense isn't helping them out with all of the shitting scheme/play calling.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense has been driving me nuts this year. They've been on the field way too long this year, which has most likely led to all the injuries, down the stretch. I mean we all know Kindle isn't the answer at #2. But the offense isn't helping them out with all of the shitting scheme/play calling.

Yes agreed 100%. And with these contracts ballooning up that I read on here, I don't think there's much to do except take a step backwards next year. Roquan is phenomenal, Quinn having huge year, JJ okay. But what else lol. It literally hurts to watch this as you said.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

You want to see a real disaster? Watch this team if the defense falls into the bottom 3rd.
The issue is teams don't win super bowls anymore with a great defense and average offense. The Bears need to devote resources to offense until they figure it out. Then they can build a defense to support that offense. I'm okay if that means a year or two of subpar defense.

Btw fields was better than Dalton against Detroit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I know you're a big fan of defense. I think you and I were the only ones that weren't absolutely livid about Fox.

I've found it amusing that fans now bitch about Nagy not running enough to help his QB - go figure.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The issue is teams don't win super bowls anymore with a great defense and average offense. The Bears need to devote resources to offense until they figure it out. Then they can build a defense to support that offense. I'm okay if that means a year or two of subpar defense.

Btw fields was better than Dalton against Detroit.

Except for the Chiefs 2 years ago, I don't agree with this.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Except for the Chiefs 2 years ago, I don't agree with this.
I'm not saying teams win with bad defenses but most of the recent winners have been great offenses. Chiefs, TB, Patriots did win with defense, eagles, Patriots. Mostly teams led by offense. Although Brady teams generally also supported by a strong defense which is aided by him taking cheaper contracts to have a complete team

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I am just posting the very most basic stats that you see every day.
But like Gay Rainbow, you seem to only look at those basic stats. If I told you that Fields got them down in the red zone 4 times, but the RB got the TD every time...and one FG, does it take away what he did? Sure does if you just read the basic stats.

And his INT was, shocker, a tipped pass, but Dalton's was just right to the Lion, in the end zone no less, right?